+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Help With Good Gift Ideas

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cahalanmac

Congrats and many more years to you and to combacutie!
    Congratulations to you too cahalanmac. Sounds like you and your hubby had a great anniversary
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    Congrats, Madison!
    The "spicy" idea I have (pertaining to paper) is similar to ineedalife's idea but goes something like this:
    In his card write something like "Your gift is waiting for you at home, but you have to find it yourself. Here's a clue to help you figure it out." Then insert a clue in the card - a piece of paper that has something written on it like "You use me to to get all wet", which leads to another clue that's in your shower at home. Then there he will find another clue that could read something like "I'm all hot and bothered" which could lead him to the dryer where he will find another clue, etc. Anyway, have a few clues that eventually lead to his gift, which could be sexy lingerie or whatever "spicy" thing you two may enjoy together and just have fun. He'll be all worked up by the time he's finished retrieving all the clues.

As for a practical gift, well I'm not good at those!
    That sounds very 'do-able' Charliebug!!

forget the anniversary Charliebug .. I think I'll make use of that sometime soon
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Congratulations to you too cahalanmac. Sounds like you and your hubby had a great anniversary
    We did, he is very thoughtful.

Madison, you could get him a leather jacket...maybe even a nice one that has a zip/snap out liner if you are in one of the cooler areas. Get matching gloves too.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Leather is 3rd anniversary .. but you could make it an uber expensive one and tell him he's good for the next 3 years
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Leather is 3rd anniversary .. but you could make it an uber expensive one and tell him he's good for the next 3 years
    Love the way you think!

As for my little idea, yes, that can be done any time of year. I actually did it for Mr. Bug on Valentine's day, and he really enjoyed it. Just don't have too many clues, otherwise men get too frustrated when they're anxious for their, er, gift!

Charlie, you're so cute.

How about writing a love letter, or love poem to him? My husband wrote me a love poem (on paper, of course) for our 1st anniversary, and I have it framed in our bedroom. He typed it on the computer, but printed it on some beautiful, pulpy kind of paper and then tore it around the edges....it's just wonderful. We've been married 22 years, and I still think it's one of the nicest gifts he's ever given me.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

On our first anniversary, my husband gave me a box of the most beautiful stationery and I gave him a really cool photo album made of handmade paper. I placed a few key photos from our first year in the album and said each year we needed to add special photo's of the two of us.

Something we did another year (this is really silly) was buy an 8000 piece puzzle so we could always have a good reason to sit down together with a glass of wine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123