+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With Good Gift Ideas

Thank you all for your congrats and ideas!! Congrats 2 U 2 Combatcutie! See, now I'm even more bummed that he found his watch! haha We live in Northeast Ohio.. I don't think we have any close racetracks around that will let him drive.. I liked the mag subscription idea too but he already has quite a few and I would be afraid to get him one he already has or something.. keep the ideas coming.. I have until 11/26 to get the gift.. haha I thought about getting something 'spicy' too but I will prob be giving him his gift at dinner in front of my family so I'm rethinking that...

You can have an "official" gift that you give at dinner & a spicy one you can give him when the two of you are alone.... I've done that before with my husband.

Tickets are a great idea since they're pape. Perhaps check around & see if there are any concerts or maybe a cool theater show or something in your area around the time of your anniversary & get the tickets. then set up a whole romantic dinner-concert date by reserving a table at your favorite restaurant either before or after the concert, then maybe you can save your "spicy" gift for afterwards... hehe ) Maybe don't even tell him about it, just get the tix & tell him to get ready.... Or give him a card with hints on it at the dinner with your family....(I love planning surprises lol, unfortunately my husband isn't too crazy about surprises but too bad for him, he gets'em anyways! lol)
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

I also have a husband whose hobby is cars. And we have a garage full of this stuff.

So here is my idea for gift giving to a man whose hobby is cars... Snap On Tools. They have so many great things only a man would want.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/catalog.asp?id=1

Now I also have a husband who is not shy about circling things in a catalog so I know what he would like to have... So every year I add to his collection of tools.

Maybe the best thing to do is to ask him to pick a few things out that he would be thrilled to have... and chose one to buy him.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Okay, here's a thought for your spicy gift....plant some "paper" arrows along the floor that leads to your bedroom (with each arrow containing some cute, romantic, sensual message) and when he comes to the bedroom, he'll find you....If you keep momentos, you can save the arrows as your paper gift.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I just had my first anniversary last week! I got my husband a new wedding band (silly boy lost his b/c he lost about 25 lbs) and I also changed my name on all of my documentation (paper anniversary and all). We had a little get away trip and I gave him some private (not too racy!) pictures to enjoy (also paper!).

Congrats and many more years to you and to combacutie!

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Okay, here's a thought for your spicy gift....plant some "paper" arrows along the floor that leads to your bedroom (with each arrow containing some cute, romantic, sensual message) and when he comes to the bedroom, he'll find you....If you keep momentos, you can save the arrows as your paper gift.
    That's a wonderful idea!! and something we 'both' can enjoy.. ;c) Thx

Quote Originally Posted by cahalanmac
    I just had my first anniversary last week! I got my husband a new wedding band (silly boy lost his b/c he lost about 25 lbs) and I also changed my name on all of my documentation (paper anniversary and all). We had a little get away trip and I gave him some private (not too racy!) pictures to enjoy (also paper!).

Congrats and many more years to you and to combacutie!
    Congrats 2 u as well! sounds like you had a great 1!

Congrats, Madison!
    The "spicy" idea I have (pertaining to paper) is similar to ineedalife's idea but goes something like this:
    In his card write something like "Your gift is waiting for you at home, but you have to find it yourself. Here's a clue to help you figure it out." Then insert a clue in the card - a piece of paper that has something written on it like "You use me to to get all wet", which leads to another clue that's in your shower at home. Then there he will find another clue that could read something like "I'm all hot and bothered" which could lead him to the dryer where he will find another clue, etc. Anyway, have a few clues that eventually lead to his gift, which could be sexy lingerie or whatever "spicy" thing you two may enjoy together and just have fun. He'll be all worked up by the time he's finished retrieving all the clues.

As for a practical gift, well I'm not good at those!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby
    I also have a husband whose hobby is cars. And we have a garage full of this stuff.

So here is my idea for gift giving to a man whose hobby is cars... Snap On Tools. They have so many great things only a man would want.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/catalog.asp?id=1

Now I also have a husband who is not shy about circling things in a catalog so I know what he would like to have... So every year I add to his collection of tools.

Maybe the best thing to do is to ask him to pick a few things out that he would be thrilled to have... and chose one to buy him.
    It truly sounds like you understand me!! Thank you for the Snap On Tools suggestion, I will definitely check that out. I've even seen that advertised on almost every show he watches! He has a big garage full of stuff already but there could be something in there that he wants and doesn't have yet.. thx again!

Duh, I don't know why I didn't mention this one earlier, but anyways....

This one doesn't have anything to do with paper, but I'm also into car a whole lot & for my birthday my husband actually got me a model of my exact car & had it customized by a guy who builds car models. Now, for me he had it customized into a police car from our local area, because I collect police cars, but it was so awesome, it's the sweetest gift I've ever gotten in my life & nobody would understand it unless they were into cars .... lol. First of all I love my car and I loved the miniature model, and I LOVED the customized police car, no other collector in the world has a police car like that in their collection....

Anyhow, I think the model he got me was a 1/18, then he contacted this model car guy who detailed it to the tee (it even has a little shotgun inside and my licenseplate and everything). As your husband is into cars I'm sure he either has a really detailed car himself that you can ask someone to make a miniature replica of (I'm sure there are model car customizers in your area somewhere....they're everywhere.... lol) or perhaps do as my husband did, get a mini replica of his car & combine it with something he's interested in... for instance if he's into Nascar, make his miniature car an exact copy of his favorite nascar car (in design, stickers etc I mean, not model of course....) or something like that...

(Make sure the model is a 1/18 or a 1/24, those are miniature models, but still big & look nice on the shelf...)

Anyhow, just a suggestion. As a car enthusiast myself, I just can't say how much I loved that mini replica of my truck, if my house was on fire it's the first thing I would rescue.... lol
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast