+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Unexplained: what do you wonder?

FORT Fogey
    I've always wondered why I can trip over a particular item repeatedly, ie, a pair of scissors, but when I actually need the item, it has disappeared. Do I have gremlins?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I often wonder about the people that come up with ideas. like licking the backs of certain toads to get high, how do they think of that?

or the people that voted to raise the minimum wage in their states $1, don't they realise that will raise the cost of everything as the owners have to pay out over $2080 extra dollars a year for each worker PLUS THE SOCIAL SECURTY MONEY THEY HAVE TO MATCH.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Being in Utah this was in the headlines quite a bit. That same week an adult disappeared in the same area...he had gone camping after a fight with a friend and they found his stuff and car but not him. I don't think the little boy is still in the mountains. I am thinking that he may have been kidnapped. He was so close to camp, they would have found something in the search for him...they found absolutely nothing.

I don't know if Dag will see this, but I posed the same question to another Utahn, and his answer was "maybe it was a religious fanatic in long white robes." (ala Elizabeth Smart)

I don't want to get maudlin on y'all, but the night before my dad died (he had been sick for several years, and we knew he was going soon) I sat up with him, holding his hand and talking to him. just the two of us. He was barely able to communicate...barely. But he looked at me, was squeezing my hand, and was trying to ask me a question. He tried so hard, but could never get past "wh ?" Am I ever going to find out what he was asking?

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    JD, I believe in my heart that you'll find the answer in your dreams. I find many answers in mine. For example, learning that I was mourning too long and not letting go of my dad; knowing I had to get divorced.
    I also wonder why some Christian factions are as rabid as some Jihad Muslims, yet are considered to be more just.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    I don't know if Dag will see this, but I posed the same question to another Utahn, and his answer was "maybe it was a religious fanatic in long white robes." (ala Elizabeth Smart)
    Could be, you never know. I just have a hard time believing he was just lost in those mountains. You'd think they would have found something by now. At least clothes or other stuff.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Ghosts and hauntings, especially after watching the Travel Channel.
    Ludicrous speed!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    why is it when your windshield wipers start to wear out, it's always right where you look through the windshield. then as they wear out you got to look up or under the streak.

also along the same lines.....why is it that no matter WHAT song you have on, the beat will NEVER match the tempo of the windshield wipers.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Great Thread!

Hmmm this is what I wonder...

1. How many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

2. When your driving on the freeway and see cows on hills in the middle of nowhere..who brings them in at nite?

3. Who are the Men in Black?

4. How come ugly couples have beautiful children and beautiful couples have ugly children?

5. Did Albert Dekker kill himself? or did someone else do it?

6. Why would someone want to marry the NightStalker???

7. I wonder about the Zodiac killer as well.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

What happened to Amelia Earhart?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast