+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfort Food

mmmmm me too

sounds so good...

I'm so burned out on sausage gravy. After 11 years with this company I think I've had my fill of it. It's good, but not for me. Doesn't fit in too well with my diet I'm on either. It's oatmeal, dry toast and tomato juice for me everyday for breakfast.

That does not sound nearly as good but its probably allot better for you... i am not much of a breakfast person, i have oatmeal some times or a granola bar, but more often then not i do not eat anything before noon.

bjb

Well...if I'm on a break from the Atkins diet its cheesepuffs & diet coke lol.

But MOST of the year... Russel Stover chocolate mousse medallions..yum yum...completely sugar free... and suagarfree Jolly Ranchers...

I just can't endulge TOO much with this particular comfort food because then I'll be comforting myself in the bathroom the rest of the night
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Interesting thread. I love all the "comfort foods", but I don't eat for comfort. If I'm stressed or whatnot - I stop eating. It's not something intentional - I just stop. So since I've been on a 2-year fast (thanks Bruce), I've lost a LOT of weight. But now that all that stress and crap is gone, I'm probably going to balloon back up.

I love the sweets.
    Any sweets.
    All the sweets.

The one that caught my attention was Angel Food cake. I could eat a whole one in one sitting.

Same with pumpkin pie. I can (and do) just get a fork and eat the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    So, you tuna casserole fiends.....do your casseroles include the crunched up potato chips on top?

I make mine with either small shells or tri-colored pasta, Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup, extra broiled-in-butter mushrooms ( cuz the coup itself isn't bad enough for me ), tuna, sprinkle of dill, fresh grated pepper, and breadcrumbs with a little grated parmesan on top. (is it time for lunch yet?)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    We serve it at my restaurant. You get 2 eggs, home fries, and 2 biscuits covered with 8 oz. of creamed chipped beef for $4.50. We do the same thing only using sausage gravy for only $3.99 and we call it the Barnyard Buster. It's our signature breakfast.
    Mr. Texie lurves the Barnyard Buster...I've heard of this legendary dish for YEARS.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Interesting thread. I love all the "comfort foods", but I don't eat for comfort. If I'm stressed or whatnot - I stop eating. It's not something intentional - I just stop. So since I've been on a 2-year fast (thanks Bruce), I've lost a LOT of weight. But now that all that stress and crap is gone, I'm probably going to balloon back up.

I love the sweets.
    Any sweets.
    All the sweets.

The one that caught my attention was Angel Food cake. I could eat a whole one in one sitting.

Same with pumpkin pie. I can (and do) just get a fork and eat the whole thing.
    Like you, I don't eat when I'm stressed. One of my kids was once in a coma for eleven days.I lost twelve pounds, he lost eight.
    Now about this ballooning. Would that take you from 110 way up to say 115?
    There's a name for you people.
    I love sweets but it needs to be chocolate. I like angel food cake but can't eat it. For some odd reason it makes me hiccup.

Jay
    A big bowl of chunky beef stew with a slab of fresh bread and butter.

I just stopped by for lunch ideas

+ Reply to Thread