+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Comfort Food

MRD

Re: Comfort Food

Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls.

It's a good thing I'm in my pj's and its cold and the teenagers have the car or I would have totally wrecked my diet tonight because I could eat Swiss Cake Rolls, Ding Dongs, Ho-ho's, twinkies or Tasty Kakes in quantity tonight.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Little debbie Nutty bars --- Darn! I just came in from CVS.... No I am not going out there again. It's almost bedtime.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I love Nutty bars. I can't buy them or I would eat the whole box in one sitting.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I have to keep a constant supply of Nutty bars and Cheetohs for the husband. Personally I don't really care for either anymore but I make sure we always have them. My sweet snack of choice when I have a craving is Nutter butter peanut butter cookies, especially with a nice cold glass of milk

I hadn't thought of those raspberry Twinkies with coconut on them in years! I used to LOVE those things. They were the only snack that I loved that my garbage disposal/brother didn't like So - I always had them to myself. Probably why I enjoyed them so much, but I plan to look for some the next time I am at the store!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

my dad insists on 2 Ding Dongs for his lunch each night

I prefer hoho's myself. And I LOVE the Little Debbia oatmeal cream sandwich cake things.

And I miss poncit and lumpia sooo much ;_;
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

My husband has a stash of Nutty Bars and strawberry poptarts that he thinks are hidden. I dont' really like either one, and I'm really doing well with the gluten free thing, so they are safe, for now.

He gets Nutty Bars wrapped up for every birthday and Christmas.

I like the Little Debbie Orange Cakes they come out with in the Spring/Summer.

My daughter LOVES the Little Debbie brownies, but to me they taste like Play-Dough.

I like the Star Crunches too and the Zebra Cakes.

I never got any those in my school lunches. All the other kids did and I got snack pack fruit cocktail. UGH. I hated taking my lunch! My mom NEVER bought Little Debbies or Hostess or Ding Dongs, etc. My husband introduced Little Debbies to me when we were dating. The Bast***!
    They are responsible for a lot of this weight. Little Debbie, I hate you!

My very favorite thing though and I never ever get them anymore are the Hostess Cupcakes with the loops of white frosting over the top. Oh my.

I must be strong. No junk food. I can talk about it, I must resist eating it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Zebra Cakes - A couple of years ago, my son went on a Scout trip to Florida. They went to a Scout property and were on a week-long trip on a sailboat. The group bought food to take with them on the boat for the week, and one of the things they bought were Zebra Cakes. The Scoutmaster described them as "sponges dipped in lard". Not only would the Scouts not eat them, but they tried using them for bait, and the fish wouldn't eat them either!

So I took the advice of my fellow forters and had Zingers and Ding Dongs last night. Each bite of the Zingers literally made me feel good inside. I wonder why bad food makes you feel so good when you are down.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm horrified to admit this, but when I desperately need something sweetish/greasy, I take a couple of the semi-healthy Voortmanns Omega-3 Flax cookies we keep in stock and spread butter on them. And sometimes cheese. Delicious, but I must stop. I've gained three pounds this week.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread