+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfort Food

Re: Comfort Food

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2741268;
    Oh the South's great. Love it. Wouldn't live anywhere else. But have yet to find decent Chinese or Pizza in this state. Found P.F. Changs which is awesome, but no take out or delivery and affordable Chinese and just awful pizza.
    l
    Changs does do take-out. Most restaurants do take-out even if they don't advertise it, you just call and order and go in. For PF Chang's they pack it right in front of you to make sure everything is in the bag.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2741331;
    Changs does do take-out. Most restaurants do take-out even if they don't advertise it, you just call and order and go in. For PF Chang's they pack it right in front of you to make sure everything is in the bag.
    Oh I know, but what's nice about the little hole in the wall chinese takeouts is that they do delivery and are usually cheaper!

I like Chinese food, but not a huge fan, so only really want it about 3-4 times a year. I much prefer the local Mexican hole-in-the wall restaruant. I can eat good guacamole about once a week and I find tamales to be VERY comforting.

I could go for some comforting tamales right now.

I have found the ULTIMATE in comfort breakfast foods. I stopped at a farm stand in the mountains the other day and bought homemade blackberry butter and peach butter. Ever since, breakfast toast has been heaven! I love blackberries, but not a fan of the seeds so much. The butter has no seeds. And we had a neighbor when I was a kid that canned peach butter and this reminds me of hers. SOOOOO good.

Today is a comfort day. I think I will have more toast with the fruit butter and some of the soup I made earlier in the week for lunch and then a nice creamy ham and scallop potato dinner dish with the leftover ham. (Thanks Unk for the suggestion). Not that I'm really needing any comfort at the moment. But it's cold, so maybe I'm looking for warm food for comfort today.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by The Todd;2740475;
    Ya know what they say about pizza??

It's like making love....even if it's bad, it's all good.
    Oh, I don't know. Pizza Pizza or 2-4-1 Pizza remind me of...well, let's just say it involves my ex-husband and I don't wish to try any of them again.

And comfort food? For me, grilled cheese using Michel's Baguette multi-grain bread, goat's milk butter and brie, followed by a Skor brownie. I have a honking great headache today, so that's what I'm having for dinner tonight. The eating healthy thing starts again on Monday.
    Last edited by Rattus; 01-04-2008 at 11:38 AM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

For me homemade mashed potatoes does the trick. Each bite makes me feel cozy inside.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Something about potatoes... My "comfort food" has always been homemade potato soup - the creamy kind, with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream on top! And it seems I've passed this on to my girls, because they both ask for it regularly when they're feeling down or ill.

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2741669;
    Something about potatoes... My "comfort food" has always been homemade potato soup - the creamy kind, with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream on top! And it seems I've passed this on to my girls, because they both ask for it regularly when they're feeling down or ill.
    Oh yum. I don't know how to make potato soup or I'd probably do it right now!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2741669;
    that sounds good. Maybe you would share your recipe for it in the recipe thread? Please?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That recipe sounds delicious, remote_goddess! Please do share.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Yes - please share with us !

Kielbasi and sauerkraut in the crock pot. I'm making some today in preparation for the Steeler game tonight. The smell is heavenly.

+ Reply to Thread