+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Fort friends!! Enjoy!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful Canadian FoRT members. I hope each and everyone of you have a great day surrounded by your loving families
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Had a little bit of drama last night. My twin sinister dropped her carving knife in her apartment on her foot. She cut two toes. One badly. I rushed over with my medical kit and fixed her up. Then drove her over with the turkey to finisih cooking at my house. The one cut may need a stitch or two but she doesn't want to face that. I gave her a couple pairs of sandals she can wear to work.

The ironic thing is that when I was cleaning all the dishes up, that same carving knife slipped out of the silverware holder and came down straight on my foot. But I moved my foot out of the way so it dinted the floor. Twin sinister thought it was hilarious!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    The ironic thing is that when I was cleaning all the dishes up, that same carving knife slipped out of the silverware holder and came down straight on my foot. But I moved my foot out of the way so it dinted the floor. Twin sinister thought it was hilarious!
    This reminds me of an episode of "FRIENDS" where Monica accidentally chops off Chandler's toe at Thanksgiving (by trying to act sexy with the carving knife).

I hope your sister's toes heal fast!

Bumped this thread to wish all my American Fort friends a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
    What's everyone doing?

Last edited by misskitty; 11-20-2006 at 12:53 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'll be going to my sister's...I've got the turkey to do this year, as well as several pies. I'm making the pies today, and will get the turkey ready Wednesday evening, to go in the oven when I get home Thursday AM. The only thing I hate is that I have to go in to work Thursday too, and I will be way worn out by that night.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Vacation

Is anyone going anywhere exciting for Thanksgivng or Christmas? I'll be at home in Austin, Texas on break from college and thought maybe I could live vicariously through some of you!

We're not going anywhere during the holidays, but we're going away in February! Im anxious to go to Florida, where it's much warmer. Anyone have any tips as to where the prettiest beaches there are? Gulf side, OR Atlantic side, doesn't matter.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey
    Prettiest beaches in Florida are the gulf coast, hands down. The panhandle has the prettiest beaches period. BUt if you are going in Feb, you don't want to go there - it'll be too cold.

For Thanksgiving this year, I'm cooking. I like cooking for Thanksgiving - IMO, it's the easiest big meal to cook. It plans itself, and provided you follow the directions, it's rather hard to screw it up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast