+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Happy Thanksgiving to Canadian FORT fans! We bucked tradition this year. And I sure was thankful for that BBQ steak and caesar salad!! Cheers.

Hey All!!

Just thought I'd revive this thread for this year!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING CANADA!!

Not much going on up here just a few relatives coming and I'm procrastinating the cleaning and getting the guest room ready

Hey ima. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving back at you, and to all the other Canadian FORT members.

My in-laws have already arrived -they've been alone with my kids all day, so I fully expect to see my house turned upside down, a sink full of dishes, and the kiddies hopped up on Twizzlers and YoGos when I get home from work.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thank you and I wish Happy thanksgiving to all the Canadian FORT members.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY FoRT FRIENDS IN CANADA...those I know live there and those I don't!

Eat with great abandon, My Friends!

Last edited by Marleybone; 10-06-2006 at 07:00 PM. Reason: changed colored text to black
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Another long weekend for everyone! HAPPY TURKEYS AND PIE MY FELLOW CANADIANS !

Don't forget to give your wonderful puppies and kitties a little piece of turkey too! Hold the cranberries. It gives them tummy aches.

Remember it's Giving Thanks Day! So take a moment to think about what you are thankful for.

But most of all, HAVE FUN!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

giz
    Hey guys. I am thankful for a three day weekend!! Wooo-hoo. Week after is short too as I'm working a bit of overtime so I can have the kids' pro-d day off. I'm also thankful for being in a better place (emotionally) than last year, for my great kids, for the beautiful autumn weather, for my sweetie, for my little house. Grateful I live in such a pretty and safe part of the world. Also grateful I cut myself a bit of slack twice a year and have turkey! I'm a vegetarian, but do indulge on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

As for the origins of our Thanksgiving: in England they have a harvest celebration in church on the same weekend. Can't remember the name. But that may have been what Frobisher was thinking of. Also, the Jewish harvest festival of Succot is this weekend. That's all about being thankful for the food too. I am so looking forward to my turkey (or roast chicken since there's only 3 of us), roast potatoes (prefer 'em to mashed), roast onions, peas, carrots, gravy and breadcrumb stuffing. Yum, yum. Topped off by a tarte citroen. Maybe a glass of wine. Cheers, everybody, hope it's a good one!!

Happy Thanksgiving! We actually get a long weekend because another local holiday falls on the same day....woohoo! All of us overseas canucks will be feasting on Turkey this Sunday and raising a glass to the North. Hope all my fellow Canadians have a great weekend.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Happy Thanksgiving all!

(And giz, make that turkey. I'll be on the next flight over. Your menu sounds delish!!! )

Great news! I don't have to get take-out Thanksgiving tomorrow from Swiss Chalet.

My evil twin sinister decided to cook some M&M stuffed turkey breasts and invited my Mom and Dad over to MY place! She's also bringing the pumpkin pie, so I just have to do some rice, salad and veggies. And set the table. And coffee. And clean the house. It's good though. I like the family to get together. Maybe I'll even clean the fireplace and have a fire after supper!

Kitties are excited that Grandma and Grandpa are coming over. They get really spoiled. I've already given them some Turkey flavored Temptations for treats today. YUM!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast