+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can smell the bad day

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar

You can smell the bad day

Everyone has bad days, this day happened to me a few months ago. I can finally laugh about it. I was wondering if anyone else has had a day like this or is my life a comedy of errors.

It was a Monday morning. Slept thru my alarm and had 5 minutes to get my 6 year old twins fed, dressed and ready to go before the bus came....some how i managed to get that done. After that, i had to get my daughter ready for school (she goes to a different school than the twins.) The car wouldn't start....apparently, one of the kids the night before left the interior lights on. This would also be the day that my husband was working out of town. So, i wake up my neighbors to give my car a jump....luckily, my daughter made it to school in time but while there, someone hit my parked car and drove away. Now my bumper & part of my trunk were smashed. After waiting for police, i get my 4 year old back home and start working on my business plan (i have been working on it on and off for a year.) A vacuum cleaner salesman comes to the door...my floor could use a vacuuming so i let the guy in to vacuum my floor. Well, the salesman put his suede coat on my floor and one of my cats peed on it. to make matters worse....his ride (there were two working my neighborhood) left without him. So, while i was dealing with getting the salesman out of my house....i forgot to log out of the computer and my 4 year old erased my business plan. to top my whole day off, while trying to get rid of the salesman i recieve a knock on my front door and it's the electric company....we had forgotten to pay our bill and they were there to shut off the electricity....of course, i was out of checks. so i left the salesman out on the front porch so i could go to the bank, get the cash, pay the bill and have it done in an hour so i could be back at the school to get my daughter. by the time i got back from paying the bill and getting my daughter the salesman was gone.

This was a day in my life that i wish I had the rewind button on the day.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

LOL greycoat!! some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

i had forgotten about that day for a long time. yesterday, a vaccum cleaner salesperson came to my door and i wouldn't let them in actually, she didn't want to come in after i told her what happened to the last one.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

You know, thought I was having a bad day, until I read your post, grey. Kinda puts things in perspective.

Kind of day makes you feel like running off and joining the Coast guard
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

greycoat.......I'm glad you can look back on that day and laugh.....I think we all have days similar to that when we think why couldn't we get back in bed.

Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

and you can tell that all happened on a Monday.. sometimes thats when my worst luck happens on a Monday

OMG, greycoat, that is too much! Its great you can have a sense of humor about it.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

in my life, it's laugh or cry i choose to laugh.

Hang on tightly to that great attitude of yours, greycoat.....I'm sure it helps you through some very tough times.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    It's only fitting that a day like that would be on a Monday. The only thing that could have possibly been better would have been Friday the 13th.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast