+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What unselfish thing has someone done for you?

Angel boy
    My mother is my hero. I won't go into specifics, but thanks to my alcoholic, gambling father, my mother worked 4 jobs just to put food on the table. My brother and I didn't wear all the latest fashion trends, and didn't get to go shopping every week, but I did get a brand new car when I turned 16. My mother just got laid off from her job, and when she figured out that money is tight at my house right now, she drove up and gave $140 to my husband and myself to help pay some bills. The first night my son was home from the hospital, she slept on the floor by his crib so my hubby and I could get some much needed sleep. There are countless other things she has done for me, but she insists that I will always be her baby, no matter how old I am, and a mother's instinct is to take care of her babies!!
    America- love it or leave it!

Our neighbor/landlord has mowed our lawn the past three times it needed mowing, because my fiancee' had gall bladder surgery in August and wasnt able to do so. I have been going to work with him since school started to help him get the work done he isnt able to do, and she has mowed our lawn for us without being asked or without expecting anything in return. There are still good people in the world.

My parents drove to MN last summer. The battery died on them in the middle of nowhere in IA at about 5-6:00 am. An older couple in a winnebago drove my parents to a Wal-Mart and waited with my parents until it opened, drove them back, helped changed the battery and waited to make sure everything was ok. That was very nice!

to everyone: what wonderful and great things that happened to you all! What country song are you all talking about?

Wow, you all have some great examples! I think it is so good to hear that there are some genuine caring unselfish people out there.

Canadian Bunny, your signature line has me

1. My husband is the most unselfish person I have ever known. There would be too many things to list.

2. We went out of town unexpectedly for several days and didn't have time to ask our neighbors to watch the house, etc. When we came home, all the newspapers had been picked up from the drive and placed near our door. Then, I came home at lunch time today and our neigbors had pulled all of our garbage and recycling bins to our back gate after they were emptied. It's so nice to know they keep an eye out for you even when you aren't there.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    As many of you know, I am blind. I have a special program on my computer that greatly magnifies the text as well as *reads* the text to me. Well, my little reader guy bit the dust several months ago so it's been difficult for me to read "long posts" *coughRECAPScough* because it's too taxing on my eyes.

In just the last month, Heppy, Lycanthrope and Phat have gone out of their way to find an alternative program for me to use. Well, Phat was able to hook me up with a free downloand for a "text to speech" program that is WORKING!!!

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003
    To everyone: what wonderful and great things that happened to you all! What country song are you all talking about?
    The song they are referring to is "Chain of Love" by Clay Walker. It talks about this guy who helps an elderly lady when her car breaks down. Instead of taking money he tells her to pass down the good deed to another. She than goes to a restaurant for a cup of coffee, the waitress is very pregnant and she is dead tired on her feet. When she goes to give the lady her bill for the coffee, the lady gives her cash to pay for it, the waitress goes back to give her change back, and the elderly lady is gone. So her tip was the change, her good deed. The waitress than goes home after work, and crawls in bed with her husband, who just so happens to be the guy who helped the elderly lady with her car to begin with.

Charliebug~ Glad you enjoyed my sig line. I had it emailed to me years ago, and couldnt resist putting it on my sig line

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    The song they are referring to is "Chain of Love" by Clay Walker.
    The Chain Of Love
    Clay Walker
    (Rory Lee/Jonnie Barnett)
    He was driving home one evening,
    In his beat up Pontiac
    When an old lady flagged him down,
    Her Mercedes had a flat
    He could see that she was frightened,
    Standing out there in the snow
    'Til he said I'm here to help you ma'am,
    By the way my name is Joe
    She said I'm from St. Louis,
    And I'm only passing through
    I must have seen a hundred cars go by,
    This is awful nice of you
    When he changed the tire,
    And closed her trunk
    And was about to drive away,
    She said how much do I owe you
    Here's what he had to say
    You don't owe me a thing, I've been there too
    Someone once helped me out,
    Just the way I'm helping you
    If you really want to pay me back,
    Here's what you do
    Don't let the chain of love end with you
    Well a few miles down the road,
    The lady saw a small cafe
    She went in to grab a bite to eat,
    And then be on her way
    But she couldn't help but notice,
    How the waitress smiled so sweet
    And how she must've been eight months along,
    And dead on her feet
    And though she didn't know her story,
    And she probably never will
    When the waitress went to get her change,
    From a hundred dollar bill
    The lady slipped right out the door,
    And on a napkin left a note
    There were tears in the waitress's eyes,
    When she read what she wrote
    You don't owe me a thing,
    I've been there too
    Someone once helped me out,
    Just the way I'm helping you
    If you really want to pay me back,
    Here's what you do
    Don't let the chain of love end with you
    That night when she got home from work,
    The waitress climbed into bed
    She was thinkin' about the money,
    And what the lady's note had said
    As her husband lay there sleeping,
    She whispered soft and low
    Everything's gonna be alright, I love you, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Well, Phat was able to hook me up with a free downloand for a "text to speech" program that is WORKING!!!
    That's awesome, Jewels!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    The Chain Of Love
    Clay Walker
    (Rory Lee/Jonnie Barnett)
    Okay, now I'm sobbing. Thank you so much for posting the lyrics!

What a wonderful thread!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

+ Reply to Thread