+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: What unselfish thing has someone done for you?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    At the grocery store I frequent, people leave their unused coupons near items for others to use. I also do this. It's nice to find a coupon for something you needed.

MRD
    Several people on this forum sent things to make sure my family had a nice holiday.
    Other friends also did the same. We were on the receiving end of many blessings this Christmas and it was overwhelming. I have a hard time accepting from other people. I want to be the doer and the giver and so its hard for me to be gracious. But this year, I have learned to be a gracious receiver and say thank you instead of: "no, you shouldn't have".

I am thankful to all my angels for making a hard time better and for renewing my in the goodness of mankind.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

About a year ago, my husband and I were both out of work and the wife of a friend of his bought us groceries. I'm talking meat, vegetables, all kinds of stuff. We ate off that for probably a good 3 weeks. It was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2193675;
    At the grocery store I frequent, people leave their unused coupons near items for others to use. I also do this. It's nice to find a coupon for something you needed.
    I love to do this too - there's nothing better than walking up to a $16 pack of diapers and seeing a $1 off coupon sitting on top of it I started doing it too hoping I make someone else's day

A few days before Christmas, really early in the morning, I went through the McDonald's drive-thru and just got a large Coke and hash browns. When I pulled up the young man had an incredulous look on his face (I'm a regular so he kind of knows me) and said, "You're not going to believe this, but the woman ahead of you paid for your meal and said Merry Christmas". I was like, are you serious?? I thought that only happened in movies! I would've paid for the person behind me too, but the place was deserted. It totally made my day, though, and I'm sure it gave warm fuzzies to the people working the drive-thru, too.

+ Reply to Thread