+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What unselfish thing has someone done for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow View Post
    at the trembling...I don't know why, it's just funny..eh.

And ya know, I thought I was the one one! Really, I started trembling my lower lip for some reason.

Anyway, Hep that is the sweetest thing! Maybe he's an angel on earth-I believe in those kinds of things because some people...they just amaze you.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

giz
    Jafo's P., I just got to say that whole story of yours really gives me hope. It's so good to hear a story about a good guy. I had a little good-guy incident today, which made me feel good. Stupid shelf at Safeway (food store) attacked my hand, and made it bleed and a guy on staff offered to get me a bandaid, ... and he did! Yay for the nice guys!

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    Jafo's P., I just got to say that whole story of yours really gives me hope. It's so good to hear a story about a good guy. I had a little good-guy incident today, which made me feel good. Stupid shelf at Safeway (food store) attacked my hand, and made it bleed and a guy on staff offered to get me a bandaid, ... and he did! Yay for the nice guys!

Good to hear you in better spirits. (or at least hopeful!) The right guy is out there. It's just a matter of time before you find him.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

I have had a lot of issues lately with my 15 year old son- He has missed more school this year than he has attended- today I was in tears as a result of a lot of stuff regarding him. So about 4 hours ago, my 16 year old was leaving to go to a basketball game with his friends, and I said "Have a great time, sweetheart.", and he walked up to me , and said "Mom, you need a hug!" and proceeded to give me a great big hug! That was the best thing anyone has done for me in a long time!
    Go Tigers!

My husband and I always travel with our old dog (Max), we never leave him alone. We live on an island and travel by ferry a lot. Because of Max, we always stay in our vehicle and snooze or read. Once on board either my husband or I usually run up deck and grab some drinks or reading material. The last time we were crossing on a 2+ hour trip I went up and stood in line in one of the cafeterias for about 20 minutes. By the time I got to the cashier I learned that they did not take Interac. I had only taken my card and left my purse in the vehicle. A young 'punk' couple were about half a dozen people behind me. They were heavily pierced, hair done and multiple chains adorned their black clothes. The young lady came forward and insisted on paying for my sandwiches and drinks. It was almost $30! I tried to refuse but she was adamant. I was overwhelmed, and incredibly thankful and humbled by these two kind generous young people. I thanked them and told them where we were on the ferry. I returned to the vehicle to grab my purse and and told my husband. I was horrified when I realized that I had neglected to ask where THEY were! I went back up to the cafeteria (there are many of them on this is large ferry). I asked the cashier about the couple and had them paged. I left $30 with the cashier and insisted that if the young couple did not return she use the money to help out someone else. I wandered around the upper decks looking for the couple for about 20 minutes and had given up hope of finding them. I started heading below deck when I spotted them walking toward me. I thanked them again and they wouldn't hear of me returning the money. I tucked $40 into the girl's hoody as I hugged her then returned to our vehicle. These were two exceptional young people.
    Last edited by Kennedy; 12-10-2005 at 12:32 AM.

I love that story, GG. Pay it forward.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    My best friends husband just recently died of cancer. They had thought he had beat it and back in November reserved a cruise for the month of his birthday (May). In Jan., they called me to come over and he told me that he knew he would not make it to go on the cruise and that he and his wife had talked it over and they wanted me to take his spot and that I was not to pay for the ticket or anything, they wanted to do this because I had been such a good friend to both of them. I just sat there and bawled. No one has done anything like that before for me.
    And its not a cheap cruise. We fly from Florida to San Diego and cruise from there to Vancouver then fly back home.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    My best friends husband just recently died of cancer. They had thought he had beat it and back in November reserved a cruise for the month of his birthday (May). In Jan., they called me to come over and he told me that he knew he would not make it to go on the cruise and that he and his wife had talked it over and they wanted me to take his spot and that I was not to pay for the ticket or anything, they wanted to do this because I had been such a good friend to both of them. I just sat there and bawled. No one has done anything like that before for me.
    And its not a cheap cruise. We fly from Florida to San Diego and cruise from there to Vancouver then fly back home.
    Bless his heart myrosiedog! What an awesome man your friend was! And what an awesome person you must be for them to think of you and want you to go and experience and enjoy that for the both of you! It will be a bittersweet cruise I'm sure but know that he will be looking down on you and his wife.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

hmmm....
    the most unselfish thing someone has ever done for me....
    well...my boyfriend always save the things i like to eat for me..
    for eg,
    when we're out eating, he knows i like prawns so he'll just pick out the prawns in his plate of food for me, and the sweetest thing is he loves prawns too!!!

he does this almost everytime when we're eating together and i think it's really sweet and unselfish of him
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

My brother-in-law did the sweetest thing. At about 6am he got up just after our big snowstorm. Not only did he shovel his walks, but then drove to my house, which is not on his way to work, and shovelled my front walk and part of the drive-way. I never would have guessed he did it.

When I woke up and went to shovel, I thought it might be my neighbor. But their's wasn't done yet. Then I thought it was my Dad and I was going to give him heck because he has his own to do and has a pacemaker. When I talked to my Dad he told me he didn't do mine at all.

It wasn't until later I found out it was my BIL who apologized to my Dad for not doing HIS walks as well. But he did mine so my Dad wouldn't do it. What a nice guy. No wonder my sister has been married to him for 20+ years.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread