+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What unselfish thing has someone done for you?

Should we refer to "thingy" talk as a Lucyism or Marleyism?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Only problem was, I'd forgotten to take out the hood-propper thingy (the car I'd driven before didn't have one).
    What are you guys talking about? Are you saying that 'hood-propper thingy' isn't a technical/mechanical term?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    Of course it is.. Thingy is a universal term that represents every technical/mechanical device known to man.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    Marley, my favorite word is hootchie. when I can't remember the name, I can't even remember the word "thingy"! I drove my boss nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    Marley, my favorite word is hootchie.
    While I occasionally use that word too, to me it means something... entirely different.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    While I occasionally use that word too, to me it means something... entirely different.
    I was thinking the same thing. Glad I'm not the only one with my mind in the gutter! Uh, that WAS what you were thinking, right, Lucy?

My foot has been sore for 2 weeks. I couldn't take it anymore and went to a foot doctor (one benefit of not having insurance is that you don't need to see your GP first). He said I had tendinitis and needed a cortisone shot. I figured the only thing more painful than the shot (I needed 2) was the bill for it. The office manager said that normally it would cost $75 for the shot, because the stuff is so expensive, but since I couldn't afford that they would just charge me for the $32 office visit. With all of the crappy things happening to me lately, this was a wonderful gift.

I always thought doctors never did anything for nothin', but since I lost my insurance their generosity to me has been both incredibly welcome and humbling.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    The office manager said that normally it would cost $75 for the shot, because the stuff is so expensive, but since I couldn't afford that they would just charge me for the $32 office visit. With all of the crappy things happening to me lately, this was a wonderful gift.
    Glad to hear it, dberk. Nothing is quite as frightening as not being able to afford proper medical care or adequate health insurance, except maybe developing a health problem while not adequately covered.

I can imagine what a relief and what gratitude you must feel. My best wishes toward your good health.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I was starting to shovel out the car from our 2 foot snowfall the other day when the man who owns the rental house across from me was plowing his tenant's driveway. He saw me shovelling by hand and plowed my longish driveway without asking and without accepting a cent. It took him 2 minutes and would have taken me 2 hours. That was really a treat.
    Count your blessings!

I just wanted to say that Libra1022 is one of the most generous unselfish people I've had the pleasure of calling a friend. I'm blessed with wonderful friends online and off! Libs is buying me a ticket to see my very favorite band, Erasure, in Orlando Florida. Plus I get the fun of hanging out with her for a week. Love ya, Sis
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread