+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costume Ideas!

Re: Halloween Costume Ideas!

I'm reviving this old thread for some input.

It's not really a Halloween costume, but for my 25th birthday party we're having a movie character theme. I'm going to go as a Stepford Wife. I'm thinking of using this pattern for the dress, with the addition of a contrasting waist band; the dress will be pink and the waist band green.

I want some input on the whole idea, which pattern (I'm choosing between the blue and the yellow views), and which accessories? I have a pearl necklace, should I wear white or black high heels? Are there any things you think would make for the perfect Stepford wife?

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2605223;
    I'm reviving this old thread for some input.

It's not really a Halloween costume, but for my 25th birthday party we're having a movie character theme. I'm going to go as a Stepford Wife. I'm thinking of using this pattern for the dress, with the addition of a contrasting waist band; the dress will be pink and the waist band green.

I want some input on the whole idea, which pattern (I'm choosing between the blue and the yellow views), and which accessories? I have a pearl necklace, should I wear white or black high heels? Are there any things you think would make for the perfect Stepford wife?
    Do go for a headband!!!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

MRD

And have your hair done at the beauty salon for a "perfect" do.
    Maybe a set of white gloves. Not long ones, ones that go to the wrist. Like my mom used to wear to church
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

For sure, white high heels. Get your hair done in a flip. I prefer the original movie but it's been so long since I've seen it, I can't remember a whole lot.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

You might want a big brimmed 'picture' hat; they had those in both versions of the movie. (I hated the newer one, but we laughed at all the 'scary' scenes through the first version which was supposed to be a thriller.)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fanatic

My skateboarder son wants to dress as a skater who'se board has gone through him. We already have the broken skate deck so I just need to know how to attach the broken pieces to him. Thanks in advance for any ideas and Femme Fatale, love your party idea, have fun and remember that a Stepford wife is never fully dressed without a smile

Thank you all for the input. The party isn't until November 10th, so I do have some time to make my costume. I'll be sure to post pictures after the party.

But if you have any more ideas, keep them coming. I can't promise I'll use them all but they will be taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2606350;
    My skateboarder son wants to dress as a skater who'se board has gone through him. We already have the broken skate deck so I just need to know how to attach the broken pieces to him. Thanks in advance for any ideas and Femme Fatale, love your party idea, have fun and remember that a Stepford wife is never fully dressed without a smile
    Hmmm. This is a tough one. You could get some craft wire and drill some holes through the board, two on each side, and then loop the wire over his shoulders like suspenders. You'd have to have two shirts, one under and one over to protect him and conceal the wires. Actually I don't know if that would be strong enough. I just don't know. Skateboards are pretty heavy and you're going to have a tough time getting it to stay straight like I think you want it.

My daughter wants to be a strawberry. I asked them about a month ago if they had any ideas and I got nothing. Now it's getting really close and I'm going to be pushing it. My son wants to be a ninja so that's a pretty easy costume to find. But a strawberry?? At first I told her no and then I looked online at tween costumes and decided I liked the strawberry idea (sexy angel, helloooO!?) SO I went out today and bought tons of red fleece and some notions and it's going to be a miracle if she actually comes out looking like a strawberry.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I just adore that your darling wants to be a strawberry!!! Chicken wire and plaster of paris? Or would that be too heavy? A unitard with lots of stuffing?

The skate board.... that is tough...can he have it go through his middle?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I actually had the strawberry idea all planned out and then she informed me that I had it upside down! Doh! I was thinking of a red Hershey's kiss but that won't work out so well. I'll post pictures if it turns out okay. She's not big enough for chicken wire. I think just some stuffing at the shoulders will do. I bought some netting in red to hold stuffing in, so I'll make a heart shaped costume with stuffing and netting at the top (underneath) and a collar of green leaves. Plus a hat with green leaves. And then I bought black fabric markers for the seeds and gold glitter paint for the veins on the leaves. I hope it turns out okay. I have all the materials. I'm just afraid to start!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread