+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costume Ideas!

karebear
    i have no idea what i'm gonna do yet. i always feel like there's the same old costumes out there.

giz
    My daughter, who has always been resolutely anti-pink, has suddenly decided she wants to be a genie. It sounds cold. All I can think of is Barbara Eden, but she's never seen the show, so I don't know what she's thinking of. I was really hoping she'd be Hermione, as she'd said that for ages. Just have to buy a cape then, as she could have worn her school uniform. Rats! I've got 4 jobs at the moment (all part-time obviously) and feel way too harried for anything as pleasant as sewing!*

*for anyone who's read my get-a-job thread I've added mornings as a receptionist to my list of things I'm doing that I don't want to do. Just helping a friend who's between real secretaries, while she helps me by giving me money to answer her phones! Won't last long, I hope.

What, there's another Jeannie besides Barbara Eden playing Jeannie or her sister Jeannie (the green one)
    - The Dean Martin Show -
    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12

Yes, someone needs to update us on how the Halloween 2004 costumes turned out.

I once went as Red Riding Hood and my ex was the Big Bad Wolf complete with Grandma nightgown and night cap. I carried a big red basket with wine bottle and french bread.

Another year I dressed up as a saloon girl (paid for a rental but it included the boa and head band with feather and garter, etc.

*bump*

Come on guys - help out with more great ideas.

I think this year I will dress my daughter in bright pink sweats with a matching baseball cap. I will staple a tiny tennis shoe to the cap and she can be bubble gum stuck to a shoe. I have wanted to do this for years. Maybe she will actually let me do it.

I think we will buy a green sweat suite for my son and then build a turtle shell for him.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    My friend gave me two good ideas this weekend:

1) wear a slip with the the word "Freud" (sp?) written on it for "Freudian slip"
    2) Wear a box cut to resemble a night table with a small lamp glued to it and be a "one night stand"
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Igotalife - those are great! I had heard of the first one but not the second.

In college, hubby and I went as godzillas and it was pretty easy (I am not a craft type person at all). I bought 3 disposable painter suits...you know, the plastic type one piece suits. Then I spray painted them green. I used the arms off the 3rd suit to create the tails by stuffing them with newspapers and sewing them on the back. I spray painted foam with red, and then cut out spikes to go down the back of the costume. I tacked those on, we wore green baseball caps (also put the foam spikes on those), and painted our faces green. It was comfortable, and we won a prize. Probably helps that hubby is 6 ft. 4 inches, so the godzilla part was believable...lol

It really was easy to do.

JenTheSurvivah!
    Hey, just thought I'd bump up this thread even though Halloween is still a little ways away but I believe that the best Halloween costumes are always well thought out in advance...

Anyways, at this point of the year, I'm always having a difficult time deciding what dress up as for Halloween this year. Right now, I'm trying to decide between five ideas...

-A pirate of some sort (I fear this might be a popular option due to the Pirates of the Caribbean hype so that's why I want to take this pirate idea and put it over the top into something different or extravagant. Maybe be a zombie pirate, raver pirate but just not a cliched pirate).

-Courtney Love (Pretty easy costume when you think about it. Ratty blonde wig, smudged on red lipstick, baby doll dress, old combat boots, handcuffs attatched to one wrist and a beer bottle. Maybe add something to do with Kurt Cobain...)

-Robert Smith (Lead singer of The Cure. Another fairly easy costume idea. Black poofy wig, pale face powder, smudged on red lipstick, black eyeliner and baggy black clothes)

-A psychopathic Miss America competitor (Morbid and funny! Wear an evening gown, gloves and tiara but have fake blood splattered all over the dress and gloves and have a fake decapitated head (one of those white styrofoam heads) on top of the cepter. This head would have been a fellow Miss America competitor)

-A mime (Yeah, mimes are cool.)

Oh, and feel free to offer me input along with your own ideas. I'm always open to that.

+ Reply to Thread