+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costume Ideas!

I Love Orlando Bloom!! karebear's Avatar
    i have no idea what i'm gonna do yet. i always feel like there's the same old costumes out there.

giz
    My daughter, who has always been resolutely anti-pink, has suddenly decided she wants to be a genie. It sounds cold. All I can think of is Barbara Eden, but she's never seen the show, so I don't know what she's thinking of. I was really hoping she'd be Hermione, as she'd said that for ages. Just have to buy a cape then, as she could have worn her school uniform. Rats! I've got 4 jobs at the moment (all part-time obviously) and feel way too harried for anything as pleasant as sewing!*

*for anyone who's read my get-a-job thread I've added mornings as a receptionist to my list of things I'm doing that I don't want to do. Just helping a friend who's between real secretaries, while she helps me by giving me money to answer her phones! Won't last long, I hope.

What, there's another Jeannie besides Barbara Eden playing Jeannie or her sister Jeannie (the green one)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Yes, someone needs to update us on how the Halloween 2004 costumes turned out.

I once went as Red Riding Hood and my ex was the Big Bad Wolf complete with Grandma nightgown and night cap. I carried a big red basket with wine bottle and french bread.

Another year I dressed up as a saloon girl (paid for a rental but it included the boa and head band with feather and garter, etc.

*bump*

Come on guys - help out with more great ideas.

I think this year I will dress my daughter in bright pink sweats with a matching baseball cap. I will staple a tiny tennis shoe to the cap and she can be bubble gum stuck to a shoe. I have wanted to do this for years. Maybe she will actually let me do it.

I think we will buy a green sweat suite for my son and then build a turtle shell for him.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    My friend gave me two good ideas this weekend:

1) wear a slip with the the word "Freud" (sp?) written on it for "Freudian slip"
    2) Wear a box cut to resemble a night table with a small lamp glued to it and be a "one night stand"
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Igotalife - those are great! I had heard of the first one but not the second.

In college, hubby and I went as godzillas and it was pretty easy (I am not a craft type person at all). I bought 3 disposable painter suits...you know, the plastic type one piece suits. Then I spray painted them green. I used the arms off the 3rd suit to create the tails by stuffing them with newspapers and sewing them on the back. I spray painted foam with red, and then cut out spikes to go down the back of the costume. I tacked those on, we wore green baseball caps (also put the foam spikes on those), and painted our faces green. It was comfortable, and we won a prize. Probably helps that hubby is 6 ft. 4 inches, so the godzilla part was believable...lol

It really was easy to do.

Hey, just thought I'd bump up this thread even though Halloween is still a little ways away but I believe that the best Halloween costumes are always well thought out in advance...

Anyways, at this point of the year, I'm always having a difficult time deciding what dress up as for Halloween this year. Right now, I'm trying to decide between five ideas...

-A pirate of some sort (I fear this might be a popular option due to the Pirates of the Caribbean hype so that's why I want to take this pirate idea and put it over the top into something different or extravagant. Maybe be a zombie pirate, raver pirate but just not a cliched pirate).

-Courtney Love (Pretty easy costume when you think about it. Ratty blonde wig, smudged on red lipstick, baby doll dress, old combat boots, handcuffs attatched to one wrist and a beer bottle. Maybe add something to do with Kurt Cobain...)

-Robert Smith (Lead singer of The Cure. Another fairly easy costume idea. Black poofy wig, pale face powder, smudged on red lipstick, black eyeliner and baggy black clothes)

-A psychopathic Miss America competitor (Morbid and funny! Wear an evening gown, gloves and tiara but have fake blood splattered all over the dress and gloves and have a fake decapitated head (one of those white styrofoam heads) on top of the cepter. This head would have been a fellow Miss America competitor)

-A mime (Yeah, mimes are cool.)

Oh, and feel free to offer me input along with your own ideas. I'm always open to that.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

+ Reply to Thread