+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costume Ideas!

I glued smarty candies all over a pair of jeans and went as smarty pants one year.

That's really cute!

I had some really good Halloween Costume's thanks to my mom.

One year she clipped all these hats to my jacket and I was a 'hat rack.'

Another year I was a Road. I had black sweatpants and a black sweatshirt with white tape going down the center for the road divider. Then she stuck on these little toy cars and on the back of the sweatshirt she put an 'EXIT' sign.

And a quick idea she came up with was to put me in all black and throw a sheet over me, and I was under "cover," pun intended.

One year I was a California Raisin. You know the ones that dance and sing?

Isn't that horrendous?! I was a weird child. Product of the 80s, what can I say?

Regarding the Four Girls, here's an idea that actually we're doing in Chicago, so don't come HERE if you use the idea. We want to win the prize money!

This is an idea that I pitched to my friend Ali and her three girlfriends: Ali is dressing up as a pregnant bride, carrying a "baby" in one hand and a suitcase saying "Jerry Springer or Bust" in the other hand. Her three girlfriends are all going as the Tackiest Bridesmaids in Town, also preggers with babies in hand.

We already have baby-sized tee shirts for the dolls, that I stenciled, that read, "Hey! I raised my kids!" and "Who's your Daddy?"

As far as what I've been in past years that were huge successes: One time, I was dressed in White Lycra with Cheerio's and Wheat Chex glued to me. My front said, "Cereal Killer". I wore a plastic cereal bowl as a hat and had baby spoons for earrings.

Another year, I stuffed myself with straw and was an authentic Scarecrow. What was wonderful about THIS outfit was the fact that no one at the bars could tell if I were a man or woman! So, I'd goose a guy, than I'd goose a gal; I'd take turns going to use the loo for each Sex. I had the BEST time in that costume.

This year, I've put the last touch on my costume, starting in September. I'm going as a 1950's "Whip-stress": a cross between the uptight, sexually repressed bitches of the 50's (think PLEASANTVILLE) with hints of Mistress Heather coming out.

So, from top to bottom, here goes:

*My hair will be done in a salon, with a bouffant look.
    *I'll be wearing a little crescent moon hat with a veil.
    *Black leather cat-eye mask with silver studs.
    *False eye lashes, fake mole and red, red lips.
    *5 strands of pearls, some of them woven into a ringed dog collar.
    *Vintage, gorgeous mink stole.
    *Leather Merry Widow corset, cinched to THERE and back.
    *Black full length Opera gloves.
    *Black tulle skirt going down to my ankles.
    *Black hose with lines going up the back
    *Black pumps, with studded dog collars around my ankles.

Oh, and a leather whip as a belt.

I'm telling you...I will be working "it" this Halloween! Watch out Rush Street!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

One of my favorite costumes was the year I went as a Christmas tree. I wore all green then pinned lights and tinsel all around myself. Then I stuck the hooks through my green sweater for the bulbs. For an angel, I hooked one to a head band. The only thing I didn't have was a way to light up the lights. I didn't have a portable battery case.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    One year I was Wednesday Addams. People kept asking me if I was a Pilgrim.

Now I dress up as things that are fairly recognizable. This year, I'm going to be the Cat in the Hat.

By the way, here's the site that I bought some of my outfit at; the clothes are so beautiful, that depending on your lifestyle, you could use some of these for weekly events or special occasions.

http://www.kambriel.com/catalogue.html The link goes straight to their catalog so you skip the whole "flash" intro.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I was Wednesday Addams four years ago. Last year I went as Bloody Mary. My favorite costume was from two years ago. I dressed up as a pokemon. Charmander.
    Ludicrous speed!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    ........ same goes for dressing as a devil, but think up a new way to do it instead of buying a red cape and pichfork at the costume store!
    I wore a devil costume one year with a blue dress over it and went as a "Devil in a Blue Dress".....everybody loved it.

A friend of mine went as a Christmas tree like Dagwood did, star on her head, lights twinkling, brown tights and she wrapped two shoeboxes in Xmas paper and ribbons and bows, and cut two holes for her feet and wore them as shoes. It was really cute.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by candyapple
    I glued smarty candies all over a pair of jeans and went as smarty pants one year.
    Great idea! My daughter's going to do this. She's going to wear a t-shirt that says "Strategery" with her smarty pants so I guess she'll be more of an oxy-moron than a smarty pants.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

+ Reply to Thread