+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costume Ideas!

At last years Halloween Party, I was Lit, and my steady was Toasted.

We literally made toast and glued it all over his shirt and one piece on his hat, so he was "Toasted" and I wore white christmas lights wrapped all around me (with a battery pack) so I was "Lit".

The pictures are hysterical - I've got to get a scanner. We won 1st place and a $50.00 FYE gift certificate.

2nd place was a guy with Barbie dolls glued to his shirt and pants, and written on his shirt was "Chick Magnet"
    Last edited by ADKLove; 09-27-2004 at 10:34 AM.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    80's Prepster - Penny loafers (no socks!), high-water chinos, Lacoste polo shirt with the collar turned up. Extra style points for Ray Ban's, ribbon belt, and blazer with your high-schools crest on it!
    You've got great ideas, along with ADK's. To go along with the 80's Prepster, don't forget tying the arms of a sweater around your neck and draping it over your shoulders.

Mr. Roseskid and I won 1st place in a contest at Bobby McGees, a 'happening' kind of restaurant in the 80's. We went as M&M bags......I had the idea, and my hubby being an engineer, actually designed them......they came out great. I made them with the quilting batting so they'd have some structure to them. Of course, mine was the brown bag and said w/o nuts, and his was the yellow M&M's and said 'w/nuts'.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Wow, alot of great costume ideas......

Years ago in the stone ages..... my husband and I (just dating then)
    went as Lego's One of us was blue and the other red. We won first place.
    We glued those really big piecse of foam together and spray painted them ....we cut out arm holes and everything.......
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

I glued smarty candies all over a pair of jeans and went as smarty pants one year.

For the eighties you could do Flashdance, or the Go-Go's with a group of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by TymeMarteen
    Go as either a Fraggle, Alvin (from Alvin and the Chipmunks), a Transformer, G.I Joe or my favorite (although it's gender bending) Punky Brewster.
    I was Punky Brewster about 3 or 4 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    80's Prepster - Penny loafers (no socks!), high-water chinos, Lacoste polo shirt with the collar turned up. Extra style points for Ray Ban's, ribbon belt, and blazer with your high-schools crest on it!
    Oh, '80's costumes would be fun - Ferris Bueller? Tom Cruise in Risky Business? For a woman, what about Madonna? (her "Like A Virgin" days?) Molly Ringwald in her Pretty in Pink getups? or a bunch of people got up like the gang in St. Elmo's Fire? (yes, I still love my Brat Pack movies )

Or bad '80s comics...Andrew Dice Clay, Joe Piscopo...man, I'm missing my salad days now.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Okay, since you guys have come up with some great ideas. I need some help with coming up with costumes for 4 girls. We all like to be similar. Last year, we were contestants from the Miss America Pageant, which went over fantastic. Now, everyone from the party last year is trying to come up with costumes that will beat what they call us "those beauty pageant bitches"

Thanks in advance for your help
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    4 girls...wow that's a tough one. what do you think of Little Bo Peep with 3 sheep. Or they could be the Power Puff girls (yes, there are three but there was a 4 one that appeared once...she wore purple called Bunny.)

Wonder woman, Hawk Girl, Supergirl and Bat girl. (sorry, all of my kids want to be super heros this year....i got a batman, robin, superman and Raven in my house )
    Last edited by greycoatonawitc; 09-28-2004 at 05:07 PM.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

combatcutie you should go as Dora the Explorer, Boots the Monkey, Benny the Bull and Tico the Squirrel.

how about the gang from The Wizard of Oz?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Dux, only those of us with kiddies under age 6 know those guys.

Combatcutie, the answer is oh-so-obvious. You and your buddies must go as The Sex in the City girls, of course.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread