+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costume Ideas!

FORT Fogey

Re: Halloween or other costumes - ideas

When my kids were little, one time they made their own costumes out of big cardboard boxes. One was a clock. The other was a computer which he had rigged up to open a door to receive the treat and a flashing light to signify "thank you." Best costumes ever!!

As for me, I would go as myself. That's really scary. LOL

Re: Halloween or other costumes - ideas

no you're not

That is way cool about the computer costume.

I went to a costume nite (not in costume) at a nite club years ago...and the ones who won the contest were art students...they were 2 dancing sammiches...foam costumes, and they wore tights and white gloves. They rocked and danced around all nite...so much fun.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Re: Halloween Costume Ideas!

I was a tube of Crest one year. I used a fluted white lamp shade on my head (yes, I wore a lamp shade at a party...) and I reproduced with paint the design and wording on the toothpaste box on a rectangular box big enough that I could stand inside.

I was a Hershey kiss when my husband was in graduate school and I had budgeted a dollar for my costume. I made a cone shape out of taped-together concentric pieces of tinfoil that I wore from the neck down to just below my knees and I made a cone hat that had a white streamer dangling out of it that said "Hershey*s Hershey*s Hershey*s" on it in aqua marker.

I'm trying to get the nerve to "crash" a Halloween party as Michaele Salahi this year. I have some red sheerish fabric to use to construct her lehenga and a long blonde wig, along with a bottle of Reese White (Vintage!!) Cooking Wine I plan to use as a hostess gift. I'm still working on the vacant expression. My invitation to the party is in my car.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Love the fluted lampshade (perfect for a toothpaste cap), and the Hershey's kiss for $1. Also, I love that red/gold outfit of Michele's.

Back when I could get away with it, I went to a Halloween party as Lady Godiva. I wore a flesh-colored body suit (one-piece long-sleeved leotard with tights) and a very long blonde wig. I was very nervous even though I was completely covered--I definitely felt nekkid. I had a "stick horse" acquired at a toy store...plastic horse head with mane, on a broomstick. Everybody got a large charge out of my costume but I was glad when it was time to leave the party.

It's fun to wear costumes...but I never did that again and probably never will.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Ya'll are so creative!

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;4090318;
    I'm trying to get the nerve to "crash" a Halloween party as Michaele Salahi this year. I have some red sheerish fabric to use to construct her lehenga and a long blonde wig, along with a bottle of Reese White (Vintage!!) Cooking Wine I plan to use as a hostess gift. I'm still working on the vacant expression. My invitation to the party is in my car.

Loved that!!!
    I saw a girl this year at Disneyland's Halloween party in a costume that was great. She was all in pink and on her head was a sandal. It took us awhile to figure out she was bubblegum under a shoe!! Great cheap idea.

Saw a recipe for fake blood on the morning news Friday:

corn syrup
    chocolate syrup
    red food coloring
    add water to adjust viscousity

And it's edible! Not sure if it would stain clothing, though. Back in the old days we just used ketchup.

It would definitely stain clothing! Use with caution.
    Count your blessings!

One of the kids (middle-school age) had a fun costume: Packers #4 jersey, white hair, long white beard, and a cane. All that was missing was a cell phone.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ellen, that's great! If only you'd posted that yesterday...

+ Reply to Thread