+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costume Ideas!

FORT Fanatic

Re: Halloween Costume Ideas!

Yes, it's perfect. The upside of going as her is that the more you drink, the more in character you get

We're almost finished with the strawberry costume. It was touch-and-go there for awhile because I didn't have the time to work on it until today and it was looking more like the red monster costume from Bugs Bunny. But today I knocked it out and I'm really proud of what we've accomplished with no pattern and just mine and my daughter's creative skills I can't wait to post pictures. But I'm going to have to wait until Halloween when I can take pictures of them in all their get-up. I got striped tights for the girls (I made a strawberry costume for the little one, too, because we had so much material left over). The older girl's costume was the test one so it's not quite as good as the youngest, but I don't think anyone will be able to tell the difference! I'm just so happy when I can come through for my kids even in the silliest of ways.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Ok what the hey I put a post on here about when I was little. My parents dressed me up as the Laundry Fairy and now I can't find it.
    There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved- George Sand

Just wanted to show you guys the finished product. I hope your Halloween went well and that all the costumes came out fabulous. Bewty, how did your skateboard costume turn out?

One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Those costumes turned out great! Your daughters are very cute.

Oh my!!!! They turned out wonderfully!!! And you did two. And it was adorable.

You...are a Super Mom!!!!!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Those costumes look great burntbrat and your children are adorable.

Thanks guys! It's always nice to read compliments
    I was especially proud of these costumes because we didn't have a pattern to go by. I've made tons of Halloween costumes, but this was the first time we flew by the seat of our pants. Now I'm more confident. I hope next year that the older girl comes up with another great idea! And the kids being adorable has nothing to do with me. It's all their father's fault.

MRD

Burntbrat, those costumes are great. What a good job you did on them. I really miss being able to make my daughter's costumes, but at 16, that isn't happeneing anymore I'm afraid.

Your girls are adorable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I need some help with something. I really love the Mary Poppins costume from the "Country Fair" sequence in the movie and would like to know where I might be able to find it or even if I can find the pattern somewhere. I would post a picture but unfortunately I couldn't find a good enough one that shows the whole costume (dress, shoes, hat & parasol). Can someone help me find it as I would really love to have it for next halloween (especially now that I'm starting to lose weight and therefore by the time halloween rolls around, I will be thin enough to make it look really good.)
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread