+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Costume Ideas!

Re: Halloween Costume Ideas!

I agree, I think the Rosie idea is a clever one.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Any chance of scoring a welder's hood to add to the effect?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2618814;
    Any chance of scoring a welder's hood to add to the effect?
    as a matter of fact, we have one of those. We have everything remotely associated with tools as my husband makes his living with all kinds of tools. Not that he's a tool himself. Although he can be.

I'm thinking of dressing him up as Pres. Truman. Truman wore double breasted suits and hubby's one and only suit is not only double breasted, but has cuffed pants legs. He just needs some spectacles and viola! Truman. (why are men so easy? and us woman have to have something hard to look for.)
    We've been watching Ken Burn's The War. The clothes I would have no problem with. Lots of shirtwaist dresses which are all over the place, but I don't think I can pull off a hairdo, so I'm thinking Rosie the Riviter would work as I could shove my hair in a bandana.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2619399;
    as a matter of fact, we have one of those. We have everything remotely associated with tools as my husband makes his living with all kinds of tools. Not that he's a tool himself. Although he can be.

I'm thinking of dressing him up as Pres. Truman. Truman wore double breasted suits and hubby's one and only suit is not only double breasted, but has cuffed pants legs. He just needs some spectacles and viola! Truman. (why are men so easy? and us woman have to have something hard to look for.)
    We've been watching Ken Burn's The War. The clothes I would have no problem with. Lots of shirtwaist dresses which are all over the place, but I don't think I can pull off a hairdo, so I'm thinking Rosie the Riviter would work as I could shove my hair in a bandana.
    You are right. Truman photos show him in double-breasted suits or single-breasted with a vest. Also, I always picture Truman with a hat ?

Harry & Rosie ... I love it ! Be sure to take pictures !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

MRD

I found a suit. It is a suit I've owned since the late 80's. (yes its been hanging in my closet unworn for years) Why hang on to it? At the time it was the most expensive piece of clothing I had ever purchased. But, it's very retro 40's. It just needs to be taken in a bit. It's navy blue with white polka dots and from the research I did on the internet, it is very much like a 1940's suit, complete with big shoulder pads. I just need ankle strap shoes and I've been experimenting with hairdos that I think I can do myself. So I think I can pull this off. Hubby just needs a fedora type hat and some round glasses. However, he would need to shave his goatee to be Harry, so not sure if he's going to agree to this or not.

I guess I could go as Bess Truman to my hubby's Harry. I happen to have his Biography and have been looking at the pictures. I'd need a hat to be Bess though and a really ugly purse.

But I'm just thrilled that I can outfit us both for very little money when I happen to know that some of the people attending are spending a FORTUNE on costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;2616498;
    Hubby and I are going to a party on the 27th. I suggested I hot glue 50 pennies all over his shirt and he could be Fifty Cent. While I will hot glue nickels on my back and go as Nickleback.
    He did not get it.
    He listens to country music.
    My sons however thought it was a GREAT idea.
    I love clever ideas like this, and look forward to hearing peoples' reactions to your customes.

MRD, I'm glad you found something that will work for you and the Mr. - and for little money - all the better.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2621063;
    I love clever ideas like this, and look forward to hearing peoples' reactions to your customes.

MRD, I'm glad you found something that will work for you and the Mr. - and for little money - all the better.
    I have a love/hate relationship with costume parties. I love them, think they are fun, but I hate spending money on a one time deal.

The BEST costume in my family was when my husband went as Judge Ito (I think that's his name. From the OJ trial) one year. It was hilarious. He borrowed a black graduation robe from a friend and died his hair and beard black and he had a blast with it.

I have never had a really good costume for anything. I never figure out the good ones. But I've managed to do great costumes for my daughter.

I thought of one today and I may just do this myself if I can find a big, tall black wig. Anyone think of going as Amy Winehouse? All you need is the wig, some eyeliner and some tattoos. Someone could draw some for you, if needed. I hope I can find the wig because I think that it will be a lot of fun.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

I sent my daughter to school in a cardboard box covered in wrapping paper and she wore a bow of multi-colored curling ribbons in her hair....she went as a 'gifted child'.

quick & cheap & easy

Quote Originally Posted by MissNomer;2621291;
    I sent my daughter to school in a cardboard box covered in wrapping paper and she wore a bow of multi-colored curling ribbons in her hair....she went as a 'gifted child'.

quick & cheap & easy
    That's AWESOME! Too funny. You should take pictures and post them. I'm going to take my halloween pictures next week (I babysit my nephew on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays so it will be on Thursday the 25th) of me and my nephew. I'm sticking with Dorothy and he's going to be an elephant. It's the cutest costume with a hood that has the elephant trunk. He just turned 16 months this past Thursday.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread