+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Bad Day

Sleeping with George W

My Bad Day

I think we had a thread like this before, but I couldn't find it, so I'm starting up a new one. A place to seek moral support for the crappy, sad or weird day you just had.

Yesterday was our 1-year wedding anniversary. Mr. Eden took off work, agreed to forgo golf on Sunday (now THAT's love!) and we planned a relaxing, romantic child-free (son is at his dads) weekend.

Yesterday a.m. Mr. Eden starts having pains in his belly. We go to the doc at 9 a.m. Doc examines him and sends us off to the ER. Check in to ER at 10. Get poked and stuck with needles until about 1 p.m. when a surgeon shows up.

Surgeon says "your appendix needs to come out." At 4 it's off to surgery. At 6 doc comes out and says the appendix was truly bad and shows me a color pic of it, along with pics of the two hernias he also found, which will have to come out at a future date! Had dinner with my f-i-l at 9 and home alone. Hopefully Mr. Eden will get out of hospital today.

What's so hard is that Mr. Eden just had his gall bladder out two months ago. Every time he gets rolled into that operating room I die inside thinking that anything could happen and I'd lose him forever. I'm really grateful that he is ok and thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders. Hug your sweeties today and tell them you love them.

Wow, Eden. I'm glad he came through surgery okay, but bummed that he has to go back to have some hernias removed in the future. What a crappy anniversary (and the first one, too!) for you both, but at least you can go feed him jello in the hospital, right?

We're keeping you in our thoughts!

What a day Eden.
    Glad your hubby came through it ok.
    "That's Numberwang!"

So sorry to hear about your terrible day. So glad to hear your husband's ok.
    Let us all bask in television's warm glowing warming glow. --Homer Simpson

EDEN! My goodness! It is amazing what men will do to get out of telling you that they forgot to buy you an aniversary present. Tell Mr. Eden that he will just have to do better in the future, otherwise he will run out of body parts(considering you want to be with him forever).

I am really sorry that you had a bad anniversary. Celabrate it next month with a romantic Valentine's Day instead. He will have recouperated fully by then and can have the hernias done the next day. Next time something this serious happens youhad better give me a call. No sense in you waiting in the waiting room alone. I was home all day yesterday and could have been right there with you.

I had my appendix out in '92. No big deal. Doc was gonna take it out laproscopically(leaving no scar) but said that thing was ready to blow and needed to be done with a big 4 inch incision instead. My post appy addvice to you is to get him up and walking around as soon as the doc says it is ok and keep getting him up throughout the day. It is really easy to stay in a chair or bed when your abdomen hurts but you get over it quicker and back to normal when walking a little at a time throughout the day. Good luck nursing your man back to health.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Sorry about your bad day, and I imagine the coming week or two isn't going to be a picnic at the beach either. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you're taking care of hubby!

It's so strange - I know two other people who had their gallbaldder out, then a couple of months later had their appendix burst. Hmmm....

I had my appendix out last year, it was a pretty simple op so hopefully he'll make a really speddy recovery.

Excellent idea to make Valentine's day the day to celebrate their anniversary Feif
    "That's Numberwang!"

for eden! i'm so sorry, sweetie! that is awful! but at least all seems to be well now. you're not gonna lose him. he's lucky to have you and isn't going anywhere! and yes, next time if you call feif, she'll call me and you will have a roomful of support right there with ya.

Sleeping with George W
    Thanks everyone, for the words of support. Mr. Eden is home now and doing fine. You guys are all the greatest!

Sher and Feif, there's no way I'd have you two spending an entire Saturday in an ER, but I really should have called, just to gab and take my mind elsewhere. Although I'm sure hubby would have been well entertained by the three of us!

Thanks again, everyone, and I you all!

I hope you and Mr Eden have better days ahead!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast