+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sim City 4

Sim City 4

It's out, and now loading on my machine. I know this is akin to admitting to being a humungous geek here, but any other SimCity fans around here?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Not Sim City, but the Sims...

I didn't get into Simming until 3000, but it's an extremely addictive game. I'm a huge fan, love it. I'd be rushing out to get the newest SimCity if I wasn't already consumed with Neverwinter Nights. It already takes enough of my day away from me.

I've been playing with it for about an hour now while watching the Steelers come back from the dead yet again.

This version is phenominal. You can control entire regions with inter-connected cities. The effects are very impressive too.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Can you play this version online? I think I remember hearing about that as an option when they were designing it.

Apparently you can go online and collaborate in region mode, which is really all kinds of the sim3000 sized city plots on an even bigger landscape.

They have a preloaded Bay Area Region, an it encompasses the entire bay and surroundings.

You'll have to post some screen shots & show us your progress. I just love seeing how other people lay out their cities.

I know Bill's not going to be around to tell us any more about it because he has probably been up for 36 hours straight playing.

But, the release date on this is 01/14, so how did you get it early? And I've seen some screenshots, it looks like a masterpiece. But it's been getting some surprisingly low ratings because you apparently need a Cray computer to handle the processing. What are your thoughts?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Bill, I haven't played it for about 5-6 years, but when it first came out I was so addicted! Mr. BF and I had our computers side by side in our condo and we would play against each other (to see who could create the better city in a set amount of time).

I fear if I start this game again, I will never leave the computer!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

But see, NOW you and Mr. BF can just put your cities side-by-side in an on-line hookup, and compete for the same resources!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast