+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Surgery?

Thanks dag. Gotta wait until 10:15 tomorrow. Until then, I'm dealing with some pretty heinous pain. I swear if I thought I could accomplish it, I'd pull that sucker out tonight, it hurts so bad.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Star, I can't believe your dentist couldn't fit you in today since it was an emergency and you've been in horrible pain for the last 48 hours. I hope he/she at least prescribed some painkillers.

I'm sorry you're going through this.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I agree with Jewels. I'd think if anything qualified as an emergency, this would be it, Star. I hope that you at least have some sort of painkillers to take the edge off. AND I hope that the next 12 or so hours fly by. Do you have any Benadryl? Maybe if you took some you'd be able to sleep.

I hope everything gets taken care of tomorrow and that the pain is bearable in the meantime
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, that's what I get for living in this stupid town. There's only one oral surgeon office and they rotate between here and the next town over. They were trying to get me in at their other office, but I was too sick (and medicated) to drive and I couldn't get anyone to take me. So I'm stuck until tomorrow.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Hang in there Star. Meanwhile I guess you should avoid eating anything too hot or too cold. Like Critical said, try to sleep through it, if you can or take some painkillers.

Had my tooth taken care of this morning. Nice throbbing pain is setting in at this point. He wrote me a presciption for painkillers, but I'm taking care of my daughter today, so I'm trying to avoid them if I can. It all went as well as those sorts of things go. Thanks for the well-wishes.

Premium Member
    Hang in there Stargazer. The pain should start getting better soon now that you've gotten the problem taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    . My cousin was able to get a tummy tuck in order to do some reconstructive surgery after breast cancer. After her oncologist was done in the O.R. the plastic surgeon was in fixing everything up. They took some fat from her belly and put it back in her breast. It wasn't easy for her at all. She was bent over for weeks and in pain. It really depends on your health and surgeon I guess.
    The tummy tuck with breast reconstruction is called the TRAM flap procedure. It allows you to have the new breast made from your own tissue, using muscle, fat and tissue from your tummy. A friend of mine had it done following her mastectomy because she was told by her doctor that since her remaining breast was bigger than a C cup she had to have this and could not have an implant. It's also, like queenB said upthread, an extensive surgery and extremely painful.

http://www.breastreconstruction.ca/living_tram.htm

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Another idea is to put Chunky soup in your blender and puree it. (and then heat it up in the microwave). It tastes the same but easier on the gums.
    I'm glad I read this, my son just had his wisdom teeth out this morning. I used my immersion blender and pureed it right in the pan. He loves it because it's easy to eat without chewing but still tastes good.

Has anyone had their gall bladder removed? I was recently diagnosed with gallstones and it appears surgery is the best option. Most of the info (in forums) I've found on the internet does not speak positively... people have had major problems. I hope they're a minority

My mother did about 7 years ago at the age of 72. She was in such great shape (other than her gall bladder ), that she was the oldest patient that hospital had to qualify for the laparoscope type of surgery at that time. She was in the hospital one night, and recuperated beautifully.

Do you know if you'll be able to have the laparoscopy version?
    Last edited by roseskid; 07-05-2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread