+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Surgery?

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    I had four wisdom teeth removed about six years ago. I must admit that I didn't have a bad experience like others had. I looked like a chipmunk for approximately two-three weeks and I had bruises on my face due to lack of blood circulation. I didn't experience excruciating pain as well. My oral surgeon prescribed me Tylenol 3 and antibiotics to prevent from getting an infection. I had an allergic reaction when I took the antibiotics so the surgeon advised me to stop taking them.
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."

Dentist are much better now than they were when I was a kid. My 1st dentist(Dr.Edie)
    was so horrid that his big fat asst. would actually sit on your little legs so you wouldn't move
    then they would turn up the lobby music so the parents wouldn't hear the kids screaming. The drill leaked water and it smoked real bad. The chair was ripped,
    and no liquid soap, it was a slimey bar of soap that rested on a slimey soap suction holder. I would feel every bit of dental work cuz they would give you 1 shot and have you watch tv for about an hour. They loved pulling teeth too, my pillow would be soaked with blood for days after the pulling. He also had warts all over his face. I guess I am still not over it, huh...
    Then when that dentist quicky shut their doors, I had another dentist. The dentist was better however...
    I could tell he ate Nacho Cheese Doritoes for lunch cuz his fingers tasted like the cheese spice. I know it's gross, so I have moved on since then.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Ouch! I had oral surgery in 7th grade for my braces - one tooth only. Two Valium, nitrous, and tons of Novocaine shots. My parents said I was acting "strange" that night.

You won't like hearing this DjDeluxay, but they screwed up the first time. I had to go back for the surgery again later, with multiple Novocaine shots at the same time as well as the nitrous.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

OMG Zaam, that was a freaky post. What a scary dentist's office!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    I could tell he ate Nacho Cheese Doritoes for lunch cuz his fingers tasted like the cheese spice.
    So gross, but so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    I could tell he ate Nacho Cheese Doritoes for lunch cuz his fingers tasted like the cheese spice.
    Hysterical AND disgusting!

My dentist was a creep, too, when I was a kid in the '70s. He used to smoke while working on me. Blech!

I had my wisdom teeth out at 18. Ouchies! I had tonsils removed at 5. Carpal tunnel surgery a couple years ago on my right wrist. That was a piece of cake! (But I still got the pain pills ... hee-hee!) I had suffered with carpal tunnel pain in my wrist for years and years (and I'm a court reporter, which aggravated it constantly) but after the surgery, I was perfectly fine, no more pain and numbness. Don't know why I put it off so long. It was one of the best things I'd ever done for myself.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

well i feel like crap. and the pain has not set it in yet

Hang in there, dj -- try to sleep.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    well i feel like crap. and the pain has not set it in yet
    Aww, poor thing. Grab a cool drink, lay down, and rest. Make sure you take your pain medication BEFORE the pain gets bad.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Rumpie, your little guy above is soooooo cute.

And yes, make sure you continue to take your pain medication as soon as you're allowed. If you wait until it leaves your system completely, it's hard to build it back up.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread