+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Contact Lens Wearers--help!

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere View Post
    I've use 1800contacts.com before without any problems. Just make sure that you have your eye doctor's contact info when you place the order since they verify the Rx. Also, if your prescription is over one year old they probably won't fill it.
    Thanks, FH. The prescription is new, but I didn't know they'd need the doctor's contact info.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    *bump*

I'm considering buying contacts online. I know people do this, I have my prescription, I just don't have any idea which sites are good and reputable and which might not be. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Lucy, I've used 1800Contacts, too, and you will get the contacts. Initially, I didn't have any problems with them; however, two different times I ended up with boxes that had problems with the contacts. The product is supposed to be the same, but I'm not so sure. I was suspecting they were "seconds." The lenses (soft) felt as though I had a grain of sand in my eye. You can't prove that the lens is defective, so I was out the money.

My lenses are pretty much the same price at my doctor's office as they are online; it was just more convenient to have them delivered to the house. I've never had a problem with any lenses ordered through my doctor's office, but I know they would replace them without charge.

If you decide to order, check out their policy if you're not satisfied.

I just used discountlenses.com. I received my lens last week. They had free shipping, if you are willing to wait a few extra days. I received mine in 7 days. They also allow you too only order one lens, if that is all you need. I highly recommend them. They also sent me a survey, to see if I was happy with my purchase. I have also used 1800Contacts. I was happy with them also. Ordering online for my GP lenses is HALF the price of my eye doc. Good luck!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    Has anyone here had Lasik surgery? I'm 19 (probably too young right now) and really want to get it done some day, but the cost and the procedure really scare me. Plus, I hear there's no guarantee as to getting your vision fully corrected (my vision really sucks!) and all of the risks involved...*shudder*, lol
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

Premium Member
    All I can say about Lasik surgery is that I frequently see several different pediatric ophthamologists when they come to do eye exams at the hospital where I work, and they all wear glasses. I would love to have it done, but would feel better about it if the ophthamologists were having it done themselves.

Leo
    Premium Member
    We have a thread dedicated to Lasik right here.

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    Thanks Leo!
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456