Thread: Free!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Free!

Thanks, Crit!

Thanks!

New link for the Shape subscription: RewardsGold.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

This Sunday, 7-11-10, participating 7-Elevens are giving away 7.11 ounce Slurpees, while supplies last.

Just one week after our country celebrates its birthday, 7-Eleven, Inc. customers across the country will raise their free 7.11-ounce Slurpee® drinks to salute the all-American convenience retailer. That’s because Sunday is July 11 – also known as 7/11 or 7-Eleven® Day – the day when the world’s first convenience chain celebrates its birthday. 2010 marks 83 years since the company was founded in Dallas, Texas.

Participating 7-Eleven stores across America and Canada will serve 5 million free Slurpee frozen carbonated beverages in special birthday cups on Sunday (while supplies last). “Slurpee-brations” and 7-Eleven birthday parties are being held around the country with music, entertainment, prizes and food sampling. The convenience chain has been celebrating its birthday with free Slurpee drinks since its 75th anniversary celebration in 2002.
    Full story here. Oh Thank Heaven? ? It?s 7-Eleven® Day
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

So the made july 11 the official birthday - good marketing. I read that 7-11 got it's name because the original store(s) were open from 7am-11pm, something unheard of in those days.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

They have that free Slurpee day every July 11 since I can remember back as far as when I was a kid. Ben & Jerry's does the same thing on their yearly anniversary also. Free ice cream day.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Free subscription to Taste of Home magazine: https://w1.buysub.com/servlet/Orders..._page_id=86193

ETA: and a free subscription to Everyday with Rachel Ray (for those of you who like her): https://w1.buysub.com/servlet/Orders...s_mag_code=EDR
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I'm not sure if this is posted anywhere upthread, but make a note of this freebie for next summer:

Kids Bowl Free kidsbowlfree.com: Kids Bowl Free All Summer Long!

I'll keep trying to score some kid's bowling shoes on freecycle, but until then it costs $3 to rent shoes at my local participating bowling alley. You can also purchase a family membership for up to four adults/non-kids, which makes for a reasonably priced field trip throughout the summer months.

Free 2 year subscription to Shape Magazine: RewardsGold.com

FoRTer

National Public Gardens Day Friday May 6, 2011 - print coupons through Better Homes & Gardens for free admission to participating gardens - you can see if there's one in your area. (link)

+ Reply to Thread