+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Free!

I guess I'm a cheapo, but most of all I like surprises. It's fun to go to the mailbox and have a little surprise waiting along with the bills. I now know not to expect much, since I ordered a Walmart freebie a while back and it was a foil packet with enough product for one use. I think I had visions of a little motel sized bottle or something. Guess if you're gong to think freebie, you may as well think BIG freebie, right?

Has anyone ever ordered stuff from Caswell and Massey? Anyway, when I order they always send some nice extra stuff. Last time, I got several of the little foil packets with various products inside, and also they sent a huge bar of bath soap. It smells like the old fashioned Jergen's lotion, which I always loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2197295;
    I guess I'm a cheapo, but most of all I like surprises. It's fun to go to the mailbox and have a little surprise waiting along with the bills. I now know not to expect much, since I ordered a Walmart freebie a while back and it was a foil packet with enough product for one use. I think I had visions of a little motel sized bottle or something. Guess if you're gong to think freebie, you may as well think BIG freebie, right
    I know Muduh, I look forward to the surprises too but agree about the size. One of my foil shampoos was damaged inroute and was all over the inside of the envelope so I didn't even get to try it out. And I'm wondering why they don't offer coupons with the free samples so that they can get us to keep buying the product. Seems like someone is missing a marketing opportunity with that one.

However, the sample size deoderants are about the same size as the travel size and I love them because I can keep one in my purse for a quick "refresher"

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2197559;
    And I'm wondering why they don't offer coupons with the free samples so that they can get us to keep buying the product. Seems like someone is missing a marketing opportunity with that one.
    You're right--it sounds like they're missing a great marketing opportunity. I have been known to buy things--without ever having tried them--if they coupon is enough ($1 or more) towards the product. If I like them, I'm happy to pay full price for them next time. If not, well, I still got a dollar off and that makes me feel good.

I guess I was hoping these sample sizes were the small travel size ones as well--like you get at hotels. But that's ok--I'll try the shampoo in a foil packet. It won't look (or feel) as nice as getting it from a bottle, but hey, if it works well, I'll go buy it.

Hampton Inn recently started using a new (to me) brand of toiletries and I just love the shampoo and moisturizer. I always take what's in the room and I mentioned to our housekeeper how much I liked them.We stay there a lot and a while back I found six of each little bottle on my vanity.

I know that it's easier to just stick a foil pouch in an envelope but I'm big on presentation and wonder if it would be to their advantage to adopt some sort of little plastic bottle for their free samples. (Can you believe I'm griping because my freebies aren't up to my expectations?)

I know what you mean, Muduh. Presentation does mean a lot. One study showed that most cosmetic brands are pretty similar in content, but what makes one more expensive than others is how they are packaged. I know that I don't like carrying "ugly" compacts in my purse. I know it's totally ridiculous, but it's just human to want attractive things!

Also, if something is sent in a little foil packet and is good for one use, I throw it out after I shower and may forget what the brand is. But if the little container is sitting in my bathroom for a few days 'cause it's got enough product for 2 or 3 showers, I'm more likely to remember it--and also what it'll look like on the store shelves (a larger version of the mini trial size they send).

Now that's a great idea! Wonder who we notify with our idea? Wonder if they'd care what we think?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2197735;
    Now that's a great idea! Wonder who we notify with our idea? Wonder if they'd care what we think?
    Darn! Now I wish I'd checked off the portion that said yes, I'll be happy to answer questions after receiving the product! I'm going to start telling them these things if they actually do want my opinion!

I do remember the free dandruff shampoo came in a little bottle from Walmart.

I always check off that I'll participate in a survey but so far they've never contacted me.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I am another one of those that constantly love to get freebies in the mail. My son, when he was little, loved getting mail so alot of times I would put his name on the order form so that the samples would come directed to him. Especially on items like toothpaste (which would make him want to brush his teeth more since they had mailed HIM some toothpaste!).

I use to be seriously addicted to rebates and coupons when I first got married but I have calmed down quite a bit on those. I still clip coupons and send in rebates but not to the fanaticism I was before! Me and my (now ex) hubbie would always take the money I got back on rebates and put it in what we called "The Fun Jar" and when that jar filled up we would use that money to only do something fun..no bill paying with that money! We went to the movies, out to eat, stayed overnight in a hotel, rented videos...heck we even went to Tunica, MS and went gambling overnight one time with money we saved. It always made it fun to see that money go in that jar and know that something fun would come out of it.

More freebies I have come across:

Arm & Hammer toothpaste:
    http://webmd.ahtoothpaste.com/

THE IDEA BOOK
    The Idea Book for Educators is the biannual teacher's magazine created by the Education Department at A&E Television Networks. The Idea Book includes Teacher's Guides for programs featured in Classroom and a printed version of the A&E Classroom Calendar, which features air dates, program descriptions, and copyright information.

The Idea Book is sent free of charge to teachers who request it.
    http://www.aetv.com/class/theideabook/index.html

Noxema blackhead cleanser:
    https://noxzemasamples.offerprocessingcenter.com/

Sensodyne toothpaste:
    http://us.sensodyne.com/registration.promo

Monistat Soothing Care™ Chafing Relief Powder-Gel:
    http://www.soothingcare.com/soothing...x_soothing.htm

Dove products:
    http://www.dove.us/real_beauty/offers.asp

Reach daily Flosser:
    http://www.reachaccess.com/sample.htm
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I like doing surveys so I always volunteer.

+ Reply to Thread