+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

You had me for a minute. My nose was starting to turn up when I read the last!

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    You people are hilarious. SERIOUSLY. I can really relate to this one, keemameelia. I used to meet pretentious people who think they are richer than they really are all the time.
    There's even an entire Britcom series dedicated to this theme. "Keeping up appearances".

I got into it with one of my co-workers the other day. We have this administrative phone line that's used for business calls, and every day a different person is supposed to answer it. There's a primary and a backup for each particular day, and it's the primary's job to let the backup know when they'll be at lunch, on break, etc. so they know to answer the phone. Well on this particular day, I was the backup and the other co-worker (we'll call her Jackie) was the primary. Well she never let me know when she was going on lunch, so I figured I'd go to lunch at my normal time. Which happened to be when she was on lunch too, so this damn phone starts ringing and sure enough, Jackie comes running over to my desk and starts bitching at me to answer the phone. Now keep in mind she never told me she was on lunch or anything, so how was I supposed to know that I was supposed to answer the phone? I just kind of sat there with a "what are you yelling at me for?" look and she finally got mad that I wasn't saying anything and just walked off. I ended up leaving early that day so she ended up having to answer phones all by herself. Take that one, Jackie.

Not nearly as good as your stories but it's the best I can do.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Just want to start this post with, damn girl, you are funny and fabulous! Reading your posts have made my day, Sweetie!

dvm, you are awesome!!! You made my day!!!! "Claudia" raminds me of a friend from high school, but it's not so much in what she has. Let me start by saying I've only seen her once since we graduated from h.s. 10 years ago, and that was last December. We went out to dinner, and she kept going onandonandonandon about how she is in "dental school." And how her husband had to stay home with the kids because of "dental school." Or how she can only use the computer at "dental school." You get the picture. It was so funny after dinner because my husband says (after she says "dental school" again, "Oh, I didn't know you were in dental school!" God, it was hilarious!!!! The kicker was that he'd never met the girl before that night!

Ever think that the person you are talking about, might be on this site?

This one person I am going to tell you about would not be on here, so it is safe to talk.
    Her name is Over-the top Tina 45yrs old...every Halloween she would dress in the most extravigant costumes. For example...Tina decides to be a scarcrow, which is fine right. No she took it to the extreme...she had real hay stuft in every single inch of her body. The whole place was covered in hay by the end of the day and looking at her, just made you itchy. The next year she wants to be a playing card...my god...she couldn't even sit down, let alone work. It was like she was a float. Another year, she dressed as a man(weird I know) but she used permanant black marker to draw a mustache on. Her upper lip was all red and lightly gray colored for about a week after Halloween, as she tried to scrub it off. When you want to dress up for Halloween and you have to still work in a proffessional environment, keep it easy and not like you belong in the Macy's Day Parade.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    Ever think that the person you are talking about, might be on this site?
    Nope, she's too busy in dental school!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Oh..and what's a kicker about that Zaaam, she ALWAYS would try and pressure us all into dressing up too!! None of ever wanted to, so we had to endure constant harassment from her for about 2 weeks before Halloween.
    I'd lie and say that I would dress up, just to get her off my case at least.. so when the day came, I'd say I woke up late and didn't have time.

The playing card that "Tina" dressed up in was SOOOooo over the top. She honestly could not sit down all day, it was a HUGE outfit!

Zaaam said last year that she was going to dress up, she told everyone she wasn't going to show up for work and if anyone asked, she was a "ghost".
    I always say that I'm just going to be "the disgruntled worker".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

This tread is perfect for me, I want to tell you about one more woman I work with...Her name is stuck-in-the-80's Lorna ( feathered hair, still humming Van Halen songs) and all she wanted to talk about was her sex life with her husband all the time. Lorna's husband bought her a book called 101 ways for a quicky. Well, Lorna comes to work one day and is all giggly and wanting to talk about what the book is having her do. For example...you have to pick an envelope out of the book and follow the week long instructions. So, one nite Lorna had to leave one shoe in the middle of her bed-room, the next day she had to place a pair of her (big ole) panties in her hubby's briefcase,so he could discover them in the middle of an important meeting then the next day she had to wrap her body in saran wrap ( eww sweaty gross, I imagined) and have a pillow fight with her husband and then finally have sex. One day in our break room, Lorna even talked about how she can flex her muscle down there and said she was doing it as she talked. I can't believe the things people talk about, and she was nothing you would want to let your thoughts wander about either, if ya know what I mean. Just a lil TMI if ya ask me.
    Last edited by Zaaam; 09-20-2004 at 04:48 PM.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    There's even an entire Britcom series dedicated to this theme. "Keeping up appearances".

One of my favorite shows Yellow Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    So, one nite Lorna had to leave one shoe in the middle of her bed-room, the next day she had to place a pair of her (big ole) panties in her hubby's briefcase,so he could discover them in the middle of an important meeting
    This had me . I can just see it. Do you and Maveno work at the same bank?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yes, we do astrogirl! Right next to each other.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread