+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    The assistant store manager called to ask what the problem was. I told him that I didn't feel comfortable watching her cheat the company by letting all her friends have merchandise for about half price or less. That really did happen. She got fired and I got my revenge. I was asked a couple of times if I felt guilty for getting her fired. No not at all. If any guilt was felt it should have been hers.
    But that wasn't the reason you quit. You quit because of her incessant nagging and breathing down your neck! The other was just a really terrible thing she did, so you could have told the manager about both. I think you got your "revenge" by walking out on her, leaving her to do your job. Other than that, why would you need to avenge yourself? She was just plain rude and obnoxious to you, which is bad enough.

I work with more nut-cases than anything else. Take Andrew, for example....this guy used to sit outside at lunch, staring up at the sky, waiting for "his people" to come in their spaceships and take him back home. Every day. Very nice guy, hardworking...but insisted that he was from another planet. He now lives in a nice padded room somewhere...

Then there's Tim. Tim is on some industrial-strength medication. One day he forgot to take said medication, and disappeared from his work area. Three hours later we found him out in the woods, naked, holding a dead rabbit and talking incoherently. Tim went away for a few weeks but eventually came back to work...fortunately not in my department.

I think I could fill up an entire thread with stories about my co-workers!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Someone needs to start a thread about the nutcase bosses you've worked for... oh boy, have I got some candidates for THAT topic!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    But then she stunned me by walking over to someone a few cubicles away and giving the lady a "birthday present" - my beautiful vase with $4.99 of cheap flowers. I couldn't believe the nerve of that woman! I didn't know the recipient very well, but my vase had sentimental value so I just went and told her that the flowers had come from Beanie Baby lady, but the vase was just borrowed. The poor woman was mortified because BBL had represented it as a gift from her. I'm sure she wasn't expecting me to say anything and just let it go in exchange for the cat toy.
    GOOD FOR YOU, HEPCAT! I was starting to worry that maybe you were bullied into forfeiting your beautiful vase, and I'm really, really glad to see that you didn't let that obnoxious coworker get away with stealing it from you.

I'm sure it was a tough call to make, given that she tried to exchange a CAT TOY for it!!!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I'm sure it was a tough call to make, given that she tried to exchange a CAT TOY for it!!!

What? Are you insane? It was a BEANIE cat. Tags and all. There are children all over the wor, coun, place who don't have Beanie cats. I've heard that some children have Beanies with NO tags at all.

imagine a world with no beanie tags! Oh, the humanity.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    What? Are you insane? It was a BEANIE cat. Tags and all. There are children all over the wor, coun, place who don't have Beanie cats. I've heard that some children have Beanies with NO tags at all.

There's a teacher at our school who, when she's in the staff lounge, swears like a sailor, cuts down other teachers, laughs like a hyena, and talks about disgusting stuff while you're eating. She applied for principal when there was a vacancy and everyone campaigned against her. She was miffed when she didn't get it, but can you imagine her as your boss?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by keemameelia
    I know, dvm. Isn't that annoying! My ex and I were friends with a couple who were so pretentious. Well, the guy was anyway. He would always pretend to know the owners of restaurants, invite us over and talk about "fine" cigars (though his were probably bought at the smoke shop at the mall) and all kinds of other crap that just made him sound so dumb. You know, one of those people who just make you want to barf? Nice, Christian couple, but sssooooo annoying to hang around with. The guy just couldn't come to grips that his Accord wasn't really a Lexus.
    Just want to start this post with, damn girl, you are funny and fabulous! Reading your posts have made my day, Sweetie!

Back to the subject at hand, it's not just people who spend more money than they actually have (myself included in that category), but people who name drop and act like they have it going on, when really they need to sit down and shut up. I used to work with this British woman named "Claudia" who used to say things like "Oh, I just picked up my Audi from the shop" instead of "I just picked up my car from the shop." And go on and on about fast her car was, yada yada yada. The lady couldn't understand that we, the rest of the staff, could care less about her ten year old car!

I just have one co-worker to deal with, but he sits at the desk all day chewing on his feet and other smelly things. Always passing gas. And never talks to me.

oh, wait, I work from home and its the dog. Never mind................

+ Reply to Thread