+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960616263646566 LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Re: Your annoying co-worker

I have my own personal mental countdown by the half year, as in ___1/2 years. I've been doing this for about 10 years. I figure out on a bi-yearly schedule what my Social Security & Personal Retirement Fund will be at & what they are at at the moment. I have schedules printed out off the internet & keep them in my desk at home filed under Retirement. I pull them out & update them bi-yearly & refile them. I make bi-yearly visits to my Financial Advisor to get the Fund info.

I know, I'm obsessive about this. But that's the way I am. I don't believe in going into this blindly hoping things will work out. I believe in being pro-active. The older I get, the more important this is to me. CYA, no one else will.

The difference is that this is personal & private. I darn sure don't broadcast any of this at work, and never will. As far as my co-workers know, this stuff doesn't cross my mind. When the time finally gets here to decide on an actual month, I will inform my co-workers & boss in time for them to prepare for me not to be there.
    Until then it's none of their business.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I have co-workers, too, that have the retirement countdown going on. One of the guys has his in months and it's like two years away.

I think it's pretty stupid to post a countdown to retirement AT YOUR WORKPLACE. It sends the message loud and clear to your boss that you don't want to be there. In this economy, there are plenty of people outside the door who would love to take your place so you shouldn't give the company you work for reason to fulfill your wishes and let you go.

Personally, I think it's wrong to use up your sick days by being almost entirely absent your last few months on the job. Your sick days were there for you in case you needed them so if you don't need them, great! In the meantime, if you're out sick 4 days a week, there's only so much work you can get done the one day you are in the office, and your company can't afford to hire another person to do your job while you're there, they're still having to pay you full-time even though you're not putting in a full week's work. If I have sick days left at the end of the year and lose them, I don't worry about it. I just count my blessings that I hadn't need to use them. And when I retire, if I lose a ton of sick days I never used, that's ok with me.
    My feeling on the sick days is that is the company's bad decision. So in Gut's situation, they had to pay the teacher plus they had to pay the sub for all those days. Why couldn't they just pay the teacher her unused sick days at the end of the year? I do kind of get the mentality, especially in my job. I spend so many hours working that I've earned those days.

Or at least allow them to be donated to the Sick Bank... but no - you're only allowed to donate one day a year.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

One of my co-workers sent an email this morning that they're leaving for the day at 8:30 am. Why would you even bother coming into work at 8:00 if you were going to be leaving at 8:30? Personally, I would have just taken the whole day off.

I've had co-workers go to a doctor appointment, get back to the office at 4:45, and leave for the day at 5:00. Once again, in those situations, I just take the rest of the day off. Otherwise, it's hardly worth making the drive back

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Man, the people at work are at it again.

I was checking in new files today and noticed we got an addendum for a file that in my records showed hadn't been received yet. However, the file in the supervisor's file was marked that it had been picked up. I checked our database and found that a co-worker had assigned the file to herself and apparently marked it as picked up in the supervisor's folder. Further checking showed several more files that I showed as not picked up had been assigned and marked as picked up.

So I went to my supervisor to let him know what I discovered and ask how he wanted me to do things in the future. Usually, I pick up all files, record them in a files received log, copy them to my computer in case the original gets lost, and then assign them to the case reviewers. If files bypass me, I have no record of when they came in (or if they EVER came in), who they were assigned to, and no copy of the file for safekeeping.

He told me he'd ask people to notify me when they pick up a file themselves. I was going to go back and try to account for the files assigned out but it's too complicated so I just decided to mark them as closed in my files received log and let it go.

Also, I noticed our database had a file with the file name of the date the inspection took place. The person who entered the information put the wrong thing in the wrong field. And it was a field supervisor who put this error in the database!

All I can say is there's a reason why only one person should be doing the data entry. Mistakes and inconsistencies are much more likely when you get more people entering information. Especially people who don't know what they're doing or don't care about doing it right.
    Kip likes this.

Again with these idiots at work...they're everywhere!

A co-worker wants to order mini binder clips, even though we have tons of small binder clips. Why she has to have the minis when the small binder clips work just fine, I don't know.

Then we had a birthday party for three people having birthdays. Cutting the cake was delayed because the numbnuts couldn't find a suitable knife. They found a steak/kitchen knife in the breakroom but didn't want to use it because it wasn't a cake knife. For pete's sake, as far as I'm concerned, if it's a knife and it can cut, use it!

I wanted to have some ice cream but after the first person used the scoop, the idiots who earlier needed a special knife to cut the cake decided to wash the scoop. In their absence, I used the cake knife they borrowed from the office next door to get my piece of cake and a bit of ice cream. They chewed me out for using the cake knife instead of waiting for the ice cream scoop to be washed. I didn't stick around to see if they continued washing the scoop after every use.

The birthday card for one of the ladies came around after the cake and ice cream party. My supervisor gave it to me, I signed it and gave it to another co-worker, etc. When the last guy in my office signed it, he didn't know who to give it to. Another co-worker said he thought our supervisor hadn't seen it yet. If they only would have LOOKED at who signed the card, they would have seen that he had signed the card already. My co-worker asked me who he should give the card to next. I told him to look inside and see who hadn't signed it yet and he could give it to them. When he looked back at me totally puzzled, I finally told him to just give it to the bureau chief's administrative assistant and she would know who to give it to next.

What the heck are these people drinking or smoking??? It's hard to believe anyone could be this dumb and have a job!! And how the heck did I get stuck with this bunch of losers??? Sadly, I could give you a lot more examples of their stupidity just from today but I think you get the point from these few.
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-24-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    AmyKay and Cornholio like this.

Then we had a birthday party for three people having birthdays. Cutting the cake was delayed because the numbnuts couldn't find a suitable knife. They found a steak/kitchen knife in the breakroom but didn't want to use it because it wasn't a cake knife. For pete's sake, as far as I'm concerned, if it's a knife and it can cut, use it!

I wanted to have some ice cream but after the first person used the scoop, the idiots who earlier needed a special knife to cut the cake decided to wash the scoop. In their absence, I used the cake knife they borrowed from the office next door to get my piece of cake and a bit of ice cream. They chewed me out for using the cake knife instead of waiting for the ice cream scoop to be washed. I didn't stick around to see if they continued washing the scoop after every use.
    (1) Before reading this post, I couldn't have told you there was a special variety of knife whose only purpose was cutting cake. I cut cake with whatever kind of knife happens to be closest to me.
    (2) Unless someone licked the ice cream scoop after using it, why did they feel the need to wash it. Wasn't it just going to touch the same ice cream again??

Your co-workers sound incredibly perplexing...
    Ellen, CantGetNuf and Debb70 like this.

You sure they weren't just wasting time so they didn't have to go back to work?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think they're all plain nuts, and they're trying to make me nuts, too!! Maybe that's how they got that way...from working here too long.

Again with these idiots at work...they're everywhere!

A co-worker wants to order mini binder clips, even though we have tons of small binder clips. Why she has to have the minis when the small binder clips work just fine.
    I'd ask her why a paper clip would't work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread