+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Angel boy
    Quote Originally Posted by djgirl5235
    After her nap, she reads for half and hour and then comes back to her desk looking like something the cat dragged in.
    Ok, djgirl, you owe me a new keyboard. I just spit (spat?) beer all over mine and I think it's smoking. TOOOOOO FUNNY!! Can you get a pic and post it....I would love to see that.
    America- love it or leave it!

Angel boy
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    You and me both! I'm feeling a little inadequate for not having as many problems. Should I be worried?
    No, dvm, be VERY thankful you don't work with a bunch of yahoos like we do.
    America- love it or leave it!

I used to work with a woman I called the Beanie Baby lady because she took that obsession to a new level. This has nothing to do with Beanie Babies, but she was a very devious, scheming sort of woman who would find ways to "show up" new people in the department. Somehow she'd been there over 20 years and you knew she'd be there in that crappy job forever.

I was new to the department but not the company. So one day I'm sitting there ignoring her and she comes over and says sweetly, I just wanted to give you this because you love cats so much. It was a Beanie Baby of a Siamese cat. She cautioned me not to cut the tag off so that it didn't depreciate in value. That was nice of her, so I thanked her, but it was out of the blue - it was no where near my birthday, and I didn't even talk to this woman so why would she give me a gift? I found out about an hour later: she asked to borrow a vase I kept under my desk. It was an extra big glass vase from a time my husband gave me stargazer lilies (for you, Stargazer). They are tall flowers, and the vase is huge and made of thick glass.

Even as she asked, I knew this must have been the reason for the Beanie Baby, which I thought was silly, because I would have lent it to her anyway. She took the vase with my permission and filled it with flowers over at her cubicle. But then she stunned me by walking over to someone a few cubicles away and giving the lady a "birthday present" - my beautiful vase with $4.99 of cheap flowers. I couldn't believe the nerve of that woman! I didn't know the recipient very well, but my vase had sentimental value so I just went and told her that the flowers had come from Beanie Baby lady, but the vase was just borrowed. The poor woman was mortified because BBL had represented it as a gift from her. I'm sure she wasn't expecting me to say anything and just let it go in exchange for the cat toy.

After that, I cut the precious tag off the beanie baby and kept it prominently displayed. She left me alone after that.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

OMG that's funny! Kind of reminds me of a severed head on a stick to ward off intruders! I keep getting images of Lord of the Flies......

This thread is hilarious...There is a couple people in my office that kind of annoy me sometimes - but these two guys are who I think of first when I think of annoying.

Guy #1 - "Wild Wally *not his real name"
    When he doesn't have his assistant (who can probably only work for him because its his daughter) there - it's the worst. He'll call the front desk and ask what is going on, what is new, if it's busy, etc. You'll kind of reply to him - like tell him he has messages in his slot - and he'll ask you to read them! It's the worst when its just copies from the answering service that he probably already knows of. Like he can't take a 10 second walk and check himself. Ugh.

He constantly looks over my shoulder to see what other deals people are doing in the office (when he shouldn't know how much a property is pending for). He refuses to take in the envelope to our other office unless he has a cheque in there he can go get processed when he's going there anyway. We ask him why not, and tells us that.. " "Wild Wally*" is the only one that matters."

He'll give tell us messages to group page out - and he'll come screaming and yelling at us that its wrong and we said the wrong thing until we SHOW him what HE wrote... and he's the one that gave us the wrong information.

He also paces like crazy when hes waiting for a fax, letter or phone call - and asks about it about 50 times an hour.

Now I feel like he's more annoying then I thought before.

Guy #2 - Gardo *not his real name

He constantly talks to himself and repeats this long winded ... OOOOOH KAYYYY every 2 minutes. He asks questions about everything outloud and then answers them himself with "Uh-huh - I see". He tries to take over with clients when someone else is already helping them and its like babysitting a kid sometimes.

He also says... "Yeah baby!!!" in this weird voice when he gets a cheque - which I don't know, it doesn't sound that bad - but he's old and it just sounds weird.

This guy used to have the office room closest to the front desk - and I thought - thank god they moved him!!! But then I found out that they moved him to my other office room and I have to share an office with him from 2-4 everyday! Augh!!

I just remembered another thing about "Wild Wally*" - the first day I worked there, someone asked him if he met me yet, and he said - "yeah, we used to date back in 95" - which would of been funny had I not been 19 and he had not been 63. But it was from that very day, the first day, I knew he'd get on my nerves.

Once when the kids were little I decided to work during the Christmas rush at a department store close to our house. I told them that I could only work during school hours. That was acceptable. I had to run a register. Okay, I'd done that before. No big deal. They assigned this really big woman to train me. After a few days I was ready to be on my own. She still felt it necessary to breathe down my neck and point out my shortcomings loudly. That makes me very nervous. One day I had a line halfway across the store and she started in. Actually she was showing her superiority, she thought. She started nitpicking about everything. I calmly finished my customer, thanked the customer, leaned down slowly, came up with my purse turned and walked out. She was actually yelling for me to come back. I never looked back.
    The assistant store manager called to ask what the problem was. I told him that I didn't feel comfortable watching her cheat the company by letting all her friends have merchandise for about half price or less. That really did happen. She got fired and I got my revenge. I was asked a couple of times if I felt guilty for getting her fired. No not at all. If any guilt was felt it should have been hers.

Quote Originally Posted by kasem
    I worked for a lawyer that used to take his secretary into his office, close the door, and then get really quiet for about fifteen minutes. Then they'd start yelling at each other and the secretary would come back out. Turns out (surprise, surprise) they were actually doinking (can I say that here?) and then fighting because the secretary wanted the lawyer to leave his wife and he refused. But then they'd do it all over again. Weird......
    I worked in a situation like that for awhile, but it involved 2 women. One an out of the closet lesbian and the other a closeted one who was married. The closeted one was a supervisor and had to "supervise" the other woman daily, for at least 2 hours. Afterward there was always tears and yelling and screaming, because the married woman refused to leave her husband. It was insane. They would come out screaming at each other in the main work area and every day it was some new drama. The unmarried lesbian started telling the rest of us everything, asking for advice, asking for one of us to go to the supervisor. It was insane. I basically told her to get an attorney and sue everyone and get over it. But to please leave me out of it.

The annoying part was the upper administration refused to do anything about it because it's clear "they were just friends" a few people complained about the hostile work environment and nothing happened. We lost more secretaries over this nonsense because they couldn't handle the screaming. (well that and the 2 hours they had to hold calls for this woman knowing she was in her office but feeling there was nothing they could do about it)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    Nancy, I know about those nuns. Let's share some wonderful stories! I'll start:
    I had worked parttime for a convent and had been telling them that I had to quit. I was going full time on another job. Well, they kept telling me to wait another couple of weeks. One of them had found a mistake from 7 months prior one day and tearfully told me she was going to have to let me go.(They had found a replacement). I thanked her, got up to leave, and danced the jig out to my car. I have since learned how to say no!

LOL
    that is so odd.

Yesterday the nun was screaming at the file clerk about a minor mistake the clerk made. I'm sure the nun was thinking back to the good old days when they could rule the lives of little kids in Catholic school and just beat them, wishing she could do the same to this poor little clerk. I'm not sure why this woman is so on edge but she is driving us all nuts.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

The World-Revolves-Around-Me-And-My-Family Co-worker

My most annoying co-workers, no matter which job I've had, are always the ones (and there's at least one in every company) who's only relationship to me is that of a co-worker, but who insist on forcing their personal life on me at work. The ones who tell me every -- and I do mean EVERY -- detail about every member of their family. Doesn't matter if it's something they're proud of, annoyed about, angry about, amused by, whatever.... they just have to tell me everything, all day long.

I mean, every now and then, an amusing anecdote about their personal life is acceptable. And when you work with someone 8 hours a day, something now and then is going to creep into the conversation about families. BUT! 8 hours a day of non-stop chatter about themselves and their families is too too too much! :phhht
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread