+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Re: Your annoying co-worker

This is an "annoying co-worker" & just venting post.
    Why am I the only one in the entire office (about 20 people) who knows how to put a roll of toilet paper on the roller?
    We keep extras right there on a ledge, but every single time the roll runs out the cardboard thing gets left on the roller & the new roll is sitting either on the floor or on the sink, and I put it on the roller. No kidding, every single time! There are times the "new" roll is over a quarter of the way gone, so it's been there a bit, through a number of people.

It's not all that hard people. It takes maybe 15 seconds. If I ever leave this place I swear they might as well remove the roller because it will never get used.

This is both men & women. Is this how they behave at home?
    just1paul likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Seriously, I'd hate to see some of my co-workers bathrooms at home, considering the way they treat the one at work.

Ditto on their kitchens.
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-08-2013 at 09:43 PM.
    just1paul likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just take the roller with you as a going-away gift to yourself when you leave. No one will apparently notice it's missing.
    Kip, Lil Bit, pikachu and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchristian View Post
    just take the roller with you as a going-away gift to yourself when you leave. No one will apparently notice it's missing.
    lol
    AZChristian likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Perhaps your co-workers are afraid to to err on the wrong side of over or under!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

What are you talking about? There's only one correct way - over!
    My most annoying coworkers are those who talk loudly in the halls outside a working classroom when they're on break. I could rant for a while about this, but won't. I also had another teacher who just walked into my classroom while my students were working - no tap on the door or inquiry as to whether it was alright - and started handing out a homework sheet to her students because she hadn't had it ready when they were in her class. It took 5 minutes to get them back on task and I had to take 2 of them away because they were starting on their homework in my class instead of working on their artwork. She apologized to me later, but that was after I had complained to another teacher about it. Must have gotten back to her.
    just1paul and PGM35 like this.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate it when co-workers heat something up in the microwave and leave it sitting in there. Most of the stuff they heat up only takes 5 minutes or less. Is it so hard to keep an eye on it and remove it when it's done?

I don't like it when I go to heat up some cappuccino and somebody has a bowl of soup or a hot pocket in there. Then I have to remove their food and figure out where to put it so they can see it but not have it in my way while I zap mine. I know they probably don't like me touching their food but what else am I supposed to do?? One co-worker is really bad. I've heard her say before sometimes she has to hit her food up 4 or 5 times because she forgets about it and it gets cold. Maybe she should take the hint and eat only cold foods (like sandwiches) that don't need to be heated up!

I also hate it when people take their food out early and don't clear the remaining time. That's just a personal pet peeve of mine so I wouldn't get on to anyone about that. I often use the microwave clock to check the time when I go on break or whatever so it's not very helpful to me when it shows 47 seconds instead of 2:30. I'm kind of a stickler for clearing the time on my microwave at home when I'm done using it. I also don't like to leave the time blank and have the display flashing.

I guess that's what I get for having an eye for detail. Sometimes it's the little details that get on my nerves!
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-14-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I hate it when co-workers heat something up in the microwave and leave it sitting in there. Most of the stuff they heat up only takes 5 minutes or less. Is it so hard to keep an eye on it and remove it when it's done?

I don't like it when I go to heat up some cappuccino and somebody has a bowl of soup or a hot pocket in there. Then I have to remove their food and figure out where to put it so they can see it but not have it in my way while I zap mine. I know they probably don't like me touching their food but what else am I supposed to do??
    In the case of the Hot Pocket, you could just throw it in the trash for them. It would be healthier for them than actually eating it!

But seriously, if they don't want someone to touch their food then they shouldn't leave it there! It is really inconsiderate to other people in the office!

This thread makes me extremely thankful for my co-workers. I work on a huge site and everyone is nearly always considerate of others!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

I don't like it when I go to heat up some cappuccino and somebody has a bowl of soup or a hot pocket in there. Then I have to remove their food and figure out where to put it so they can see it but not have it in my way while I zap mine. I know they probably don't like me touching their food but what else am I supposed to do?? One co-worker is really bad. I've heard her say before sometimes she has to hit her food up 4 or 5 times because she forgets about it and it gets cold. Maybe she should take the hint and eat only cold foods (like sandwiches) that don't need to be heated up!

I also hate it when people take their food out early and don't clear the remaining time. That's just a personal pet peeve of mine so I wouldn't get on to anyone about that. I often use the microwave clock to check the time when I go on break or whatever so it's not very helpful to me when it shows 47 seconds instead of 2:30. I'm kind of a stickler for clearing the time on my microwave at home when I'm done using it. I also don't like to leave the time blank and have the display flashing.

I guess that's what I get for having an eye for detail. Sometimes it's the little details that get on my nerves!
    We can probably assume that these are the former college students who never took their own clothes out of the dryers in the dorms???
    Ellen and Jamie5632 like this.

I used to always forget my mug of water for tea in the communal microwave at work (nothing I would mind someone removing). I finally thought to put the box of teabags on a prominent desk to remind me to go get it. Works every time now. Besides the annoyance of the other person's food, I have to say, "ICK!" to the idea of reheating and leaving food sitting before eventually eating it. Can you say, "food poisoning"?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread