+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Re: Your annoying co-worker

One fine there will announcements that people are being let go because they cant afford to keep them on! You wont have to wonder too long as to why, and where money was mis spent.

I used to have a co-worker we called "Clippy." This was at a software company with a large open floor plan and just fabric cubicle walls separating everyone's workspace. This guy clipped his nails every day. I mean, literally every day. It was really, really loud. We couldn't figure out how his nails grew so much! Who needs to clip their nails that often?!?!?!! And why couldn't he do that at home?

I worked with a woman who clipped her nails at her desk too and it was disgusting! It wasn't every day, thank God, but it was often enough.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

At least they weren't clipping their toe nails!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I love being retired and reading your posts.

I once had an annoying coworker who refused to take sick time because the company would reimburse individual employees at the end of the year if their accrued sick time was above a certain amount. So he would come to work sick, spread his germs, we'd catch whatever upper respiratory infection was causing him to cough up his lungs, and we'd get sick and stay home. One time I told him that as the department timekeeper (who sat closer to him than anyone), if I caught what he had I was going to charge my sick time to his payroll number. Of course, I couldn't actually do that, but he got the message and actually STAYED HOME for the rest of that particular illness.

I don't miss any of the annoying people . . . those I liked, I'm still in touch with.

Oh, we've got a couple of those. They come in with the Crud of the Week and give it to everyone so they can save their time and get it as a bonus at the end of the year. Nasty.

We've got another fool who has 30 years here, so he gets first pick for vacation time. He gets dibs on Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. Then he never takes the time off, saving it instead and getting it as a payout/buy-back in December. Other people who actually wanted those days off end up getting screwed. I can't wait for him to retire...
    AZChristian likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

My husband's employer doesn't pay sick time, period.
    His workplace is a freakin' petrie dish.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Oh, we've got a couple of those. They come in with the Crud of the Week and give it to everyone so they can save their time and get it as a bonus at the end of the year. Nasty.

We've got another fool who has 30 years here, so he gets first pick for vacation time. He gets dibs on Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. Then he never takes the time off, saving it instead and getting it as a payout/buy-back in December. Other people who actually wanted those days off end up getting screwed. I can't wait for him to retire...
    I think your supervisor should require him to use the time or lose it. He has to give notice at least 30 days before the holiday if he's going to take that time off and if he chooses not to, other people should be allowed to take that time off instead. It's not fair to rob everyone of the chance of taking holiday time off with their families if that clown isn't going to use it. I'm not saying he should be forced to take the time off, but if he knows in advance he's not going to use it, he should allow someone else to use it.
    waywyrd, Kip and AZChristian like this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

We've complained long and loud about it every year, but nobody ever does anything about it. Management is spineless. Most of us have just given up trying to get the big holidays off.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Clipping nails at work - ugh! That's disgusting. I was always taught that was something you do in private. I don't even clip my nails in front of my husband. My husband used to clip his nails in the living room. His mother told him that one of the things she appreciated about her husband (her 2nd husband, not my husband's father) was that he went outside to clip his nails. After she told him that, he started going outside to clip. (Thank you, MIL!) If someone did it in the workplace, I'd have to leave the room.

The last time I worked with people (I work from home now), my two annoyances were a woman who chewed and popped gum loudly, all day, everyday. My other pet peeve was people who brought smelly foods to work. There was a small galley kitchen open at both ends to the work area - small office - no lunchroom. If I brought something like a tuna sandwich to work, I'd take it outside to eat. It's funny how food odors/aroma can bother you when you're not the one eating them. I love corned beef and cabbage, but reheated in the microwave, the cabbage smell hung around for hours. Another day I went to the bathroom - down the hall. When came back and opened the door, it smelled like canned dog food. Someone had reheated fish in the microwave.

But those are minor annoyances compared to not getting holidays off.

+ Reply to Thread