+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Re: Your annoying co-worker

Can't we just chalk that up to being male? (no offense to anyone out there on this site)

Last week, the IT guy at work was supposed to edit an Adobe formatted document for me. He was off sick Wed-Fri, so we never got to do it. (For some reason he's the only one in the building that has the software to edit Adobe documents. I have no idea why.) When I saw him this morning I asked how he was doing and he said he felt better but still not 100%. Then he said he would come to my office sometime today to discuss the document changes.

So he calls me after lunch and says he's on his way up to my office. I decide to make a water run because usually a few minutes turns into 20-30 minutes because he gets stopped by someone else who needs help. When I come back to my office, he's sitting in my chair and minimizing all the windows I was working on my computer. I told him "Get out of my chair, I don't want your germs all over my desk." I mean how rude to just hop on someone else's computer, but especially when you've just been ill. He said "Geez, OK, Geez, I'm sorry.", like I was overreacting.

I know he has access to all computers anyway because he's the IT person, but I just thought it was impolite and unnecessary for him to do that while I'm working on it. And there are 2 other chairs in my office if he just wanted to sit down.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3220193;
    Gut, maybe you weren't as "sunny" as he wanted you to be-you know how we who wear rose-colored glasses tend to be! Remember about those who can't take a joke, since he obviously didn't get your humor/take. I hope you sail through your overcrowded classes this year (and he gets many "problem children" in his!)

Holly71, I hope it doesn't happen to you again. Damn those co-workers of ours. Mine is a saint, though. When they made her, they then broke the mold.
    Gut, I agree with Famita, maybe he'll get the problem "clients".

I am lucky that most of my co-workers are jewels. There is one in particular that I'd like to strangle and one or two more that are a challenge, but even the challenges are ok most of the time. It's the ONE. And there is ALWAYS one.

(and Famita, the one I have to deal with is male. No offense to the other males on THIS site)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3220175;
    Be careful. This happened to my mom and while they didn't take her CC, they did copy the numbers and use them. You may want to check your cards balances and alert the bank.

I only have one CC & a debit card & neither appeared to be trifled with. I had them in another spot. I have been checking though, just in case. I'm pretty sure whoever did it was just wanting some quick, untraceable cash. They were kind enough to leave me my change though ~ a whopping 85 cents.

That's fine, as one of my friends said, "Karma is a b!tch with claws." Whoever did it will get their payback in some form.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Hey! I want a kick-in-the-ass smilely! Where did that come from??
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3220604;
    I only have one CC & a debit card & neither appeared to be trifled with. I had them in another spot. I have been checking though, just in case. I'm pretty sure whoever did it was just wanting some quick, untraceable cash. They were kind enough to leave me my change though ~ a whopping 85 cents.

That's fine, as one of my friends said, "Karma is a b!tch with claws." Whoever did it will get their payback in some form.

. hmm I likethis one
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Fortunately, my co-workers all seem to be nice. There is one, however, who yawns - loudly - several times a day. And doesn't seem to even try to stifle or quieten the yawn in any way. Very annoying (although not as bad as some of you have it, I admit!)
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Back when I was a sub I had a week working one-on-one as a blind girl's aide. She was in a class (3rd grade, I think) that was quite boisterous. The classroom teacher would heave a huge sigh every 15 minutes or so. I remember thinking how stressed she must be and wondered if she even realized she was doing it.
    Count your blessings!

Speaking of boisterous, my co-worker laughs...LOUDLY...at EVERYTHING! Not everything is that damn funny! Other than that she's a sweetie, when she wants to be

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hadn't realized before that we had this thread or I would have posted some of my gripes here instead of in the Talk About Your Troubles thread.

My co-workers are so stupid, they annoy me to no end.

It's almost time to order supplies again and one of my co-workers had asked me to order more file folders. I put them on the list and then went looking through our supplies to see what else might be low and need to be re-ordered. I found four boxes of file folders and thought maybe this co-worker hadn't seen them under the table where we keep surplus supplies. It ended up she didn't want those files because they were 1/5 cut. She wanted 1/3 cut. The only difference in the files is the size of the tab at the top of the folder. Personally, I think she's being too picky and should just use the files we already have because what does it matter????? I asked if anyone else was using the 1/5 cut files and no one else is so apparently I've been re-ordering the wrong files every time this one co-worker said she was low on folders and she never bothered to tell me they weren't the ones she wanted. It makes me so livid to think of how much money our office wastes on co-workers like her who nitpick over tiny details instead of using what's available. Grrr!

Another co-worker asked me about if I know how to use the photocopier in the main part of the building that we share with the other offices. It ended up that she wanted to print out a page of a letter she was going to send out because she wanted it to be in the same ink as the rest of the letter that was copied on the photocopier. She has a printer on her desk and we have a color copier for just the people in our office to share. Why didn't she just print out the page on one of those?? What the heck does it matter if different pages of the same letter are printed on different machines? Who's going to notice or if they do notice, who's going to care???? It was so petty I just told her I couldn't help her and went back to my desk to mumble to myself.

I know, I know...I shouldn't let it get to me and I shouldn't care what they do but it boggles my mind that these morons earn about twice as much as I do and I don't see where they deserve it. None of them have an ounce of common sense.

BTW, I just read the You Need to Pray at Work thing a few posts up and those are great! I should print them out and put them on my bulletin board at work so I can look at them and laugh when I feel like strangling somebody.
    Last edited by pikachu; 05-24-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    cablejockey and beerbelly like this.

+ Reply to Thread