+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Re: Your annoying co-worker

Way too funny because it is SO true!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Well my gosh, I think that I'd not get anything done as I would be praying ALL the time at work.

I have one co-worker that causes me to roll my eyes so much when I interact with that person that I think what my mother told me about my face freezing like that is going to come true.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We have a teacher on our team who used to work in the business sector and is always making comparisons. Well this year our team has HUGE classes as a result of circumstances I won't go into and this teacher was saying, "If we were a business having more customers would be a good thing, so lets just look at it like that!". I said, "If we were a business, more customers would mean more money, and we're not getting paid more to have these huge classes." (Just pointing out the flaw in his annalogy.) Well, he SNAPPED at me, "If you don't like what you get paid, find another job!". That seemed awfully harsh. We've always gotten along before so I don't know why he bit my head off over that.
    Count your blessings!

Well, yeah Gut, plus the fact that you are not selling products you are teaching. Less is more in this situation. It was a crappy analogy and he didn't like having it pointed out.

My annoying co-irker is whichever one stole all my cash out of my wallet last week.
    Unfortunately, I don't know which one it was, but I have it narrowed down to 3 likely possibilities.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3219906;
    My annoying co-irker is whichever one stole all my cash out of my wallet last week.
    Unfortunately, I don't know which one it was, but I have it narrowed down to 3 likely possibilities.
    Hopefully you reported the theft to your boss/HR........hope you catch the thief!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3219945;
    Hopefully you reported the theft to your boss/HR........hope you catch the thief!

I reported it ASAP. I don't hold out much hope that whoever did it will get caught though. Maybe, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I was just glad they didn't take my credit cards.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

MRD

Be careful. This happened to my mom and while they didn't take her CC, they did copy the numbers and use them. You may want to check your cards balances and alert the bank.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gut, maybe you weren't as "sunny" as he wanted you to be-you know how we who wear rose-colored glasses tend to be! Remember about those who can't take a joke, since he obviously didn't get your humor/take. I hope you sail through your overcrowded classes this year (and he gets many "problem children" in his!)

Holly71, I hope it doesn't happen to you again. Damn those co-workers of ours. Mine is a saint, though. When they made her, they then broke the mold.

His classes are divided evenly - none as huge as mine and 2 other teachers. He thinks we're making a big deal out of it, but if he ever had as many as we do, I know he'd be complaining.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread