+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Re: Your annoying co-worker

There are always dirty dishes in our kitchen sink at work, but yesterday I think that we hit a new low. The dirty dishes were piled so high that we couldn't use the faucet because nothing else would fit under it.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Do you rat out a co-worker.
    I work second shift so we really dont have a boss. My co-workers take advantage and take longer breaks and screw off when there is work to be done. I want to tell my boss but I would be the a-hole for ratting them out. I dont care what happens if the work is done ( hell I like to screw off on the computer once in awhile) but I think they just dont care and I work in the OR of a hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Bill;2493370;
    I work second shift so we really dont have a boss. My co-workers take advantage and take longer breaks and screw off when there is work to be done. I want to tell my boss but I would be the a-hole for ratting them out. I dont care what happens if the work is done ( hell I like to screw off on the computer once in awhile) but I think they just dont care and I work in the OR of a hospital.
    That is a really tough call. If the work gets done eventually, though not in a really timely manner, I wouldn't tell. If it isn't being done and they're leaving all to you or the following shift, then I probably would. However, if you continue to share a shift with these particular co-workers and they find out you told, your life would likely be made hell. If your supervisor is smart, s/he won't let them know.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2493453;
    That is a really tough call. If the work gets done eventually, though not in a really timely manner, I wouldn't tell. If it isn't being done and they're leaving all to you or the following shift, then I probably would. However, if you continue to share a shift with these particular co-workers and they find out you told, your life would likely be made hell. If your supervisor is smart, s/he won't let them know.
    There is a lot of day shift vs night shift stuff that goes on. My boss isnt smart enough to keep her mouth shut and like I said I have my own vices. I just hate that no one hustles or thinks things through to organize their work. Im not a shift leader so I have to be careful what I say.
    Im leaving the 3-11 shift to go to 12-8pm in the fall so they will sink or swim on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by William13;2463139;
    There are always dirty dishes in our kitchen sink at work, but yesterday I think that we hit a new low. The dirty dishes were piled so high that we couldn't use the faucet because nothing else would fit under it.
    You should just put those in a plastic garbage bag and let them sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston_Bill;2493370;
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2493453;
    I know what you mean Rattus. I am a department manager and often other department staff will not follow correct procedures to contact my staff after hours, I rarely bring this up with other managers, but speak to the individuals themselves, because if I brought it up with other managers, they would get defensive and start pointing fingers like, "How about the time I told so and so I needed this and it never happened etc." Even though my usual response is "If the service you are getting or not getting from my staff is lacking, you really should call me within 24-48 hours so I can take action, not 3 months later."
    Last edited by just1paul; 07-29-2007 at 06:04 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Boston Bill - I'm afraid I fall on the prim and proper side of this. They're getting paid to perform a job. If everything is done and they have extra time for their own amusement, fine. If that's not the case, someone should be told. Besides, if management finds out on their own, you could be lumped in with the wastrels. Would you want people behaving this way if they worked for you?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2494072;
    Boston Bill - I'm afraid I fall on the prim and proper side of this. They're getting paid to perform a job. If everything is done and they have extra time for their own amusement, fine. If that's not the case, someone should be told. Besides, if management finds out on their own, you could be lumped in with the wastrels. Would you want people behaving this way if they worked for you?
    I have one co-worker who is habitually late sometimes by as much as an hour and then feels she has the right to take over an hour for dinner break. When we are caught up she goes to the lounge and sleeps for another hour(we are pretty much alone at night except for housekeeping) because she has a night job. I'd say she is ripping off the company for at least two hours a day. She does a good job when she works and I bite my tongue because she would quit if she is challanged but I still dont think it's fair and I get left doing extra work.
    Last edited by Boston_Bill; 07-29-2007 at 09:31 AM.

FORT Newbie

Well I have this co-worker who thinks hes every women's dream we call him papi chulo because he thinks he can get a date with any women. It is funny because the other day he got rejected by a women and every time he sees her now he can't even look at her it's kind of funny. Then I think he doesn't have many friends or something and today we are having a meeting and he brings his camera and starts taking pictures of people. Me and my friend we thought he was odd but then after seeing this whole picture escapade It hit me this guy does'nt have many friends so that is why he is taking these photos then he tells me he just got registered in facebook and wanted to put some pictures up so im like ok. Boy Thank God that i'm not the only one who thinks this guy is nuts. It's funny but in the same way its kind of weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ttriber;2532838;
    Well I have this co-worker who thinks hes every women's dream we call him papi chulo because he thinks he can get a date with any women. It is funny because the other day he got rejected by a women and every time he sees her now he can't even look at her it's kind of funny. Then I think he doesn't have many friends or something and today we are having a meeting and he brings his camera and starts taking pictures of people. Me and my friend we thought he was odd but then after seeing this whole picture escapade It hit me this guy does'nt have many friends so that is why he is taking these photos then he tells me he just got registered in facebook and wanted to put some pictures up so im like ok. Boy Thank God that i'm not the only one who thinks this guy is nuts. It's funny but in the same way its kind of weird.

Wow. How badly does this guy want to be reported to Human Resources? Snapping pictures of co-workers to put online? Did he even ask first or tell what the pictures were for before they were taken? This man is a mess!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Thyme;2532844;
    Wow. How badly does this guy want to be reported to Human Resources? Snapping pictures of co-workers to put online? Did he even ask first or tell what the pictures were for before they were taken? This man is a mess!
    The problem is that I work for a Public School as an After School Leader and their is no human resources that I know of only talking to the Boss but I doubt he cares. He just said they were for his facebook. I'm not the only one who feels this way I have a friend who this guy asked to go with to see a movie but he declined saying he had to do stuff. LoL anything to get away from this guy. Thank God I have declined every invite this guy has given me or then I would have to be dealing with a shady character.

+ Reply to Thread