+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Re: Your annoying co-worker

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2378654;
    I find that people can be surprisingly oblivious to other people around them and how their actions can effect them. If this woman ignores you, or is rude to you, I would call her on it.
    Excellent advice, tickerrose, and I couldn't possibly agree more. At my last job, we had a woman in the Billing dept. whom my co-workers despised and were loathe to deal with because she would literally scream at people.

I told them, "Let me take care of her."

I showed up, and sure enough, she started screaming at me. I let her go about 30 seconds, then held up my hand and said, "Don't scream at me anymore. Describe your problem and I'll fix it."

She did and I did.

For the next two years, she asked only for me. After I left that job, I bumped into her one night having dinner at a local restaurant around the corner from my house. We had margaritas and a laugh.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Every time I see this woman, I say good morning or good afternoon or whatever and ask how she is. Most of the time she ignores me. Unless there are other people around. Then she'll give me the briefest possible answer. I'm not a confrontational kind of person, so just the idea of asking her directly why/if she has a problem with me is enough to send me cowering in the corner! I just continue to be polite and pretty much consider the source. I'm a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around." She'll get hers one day (hopefully when I'm around to see it!) ** does that make me passive-aggressive **

ScoutMom, I don't in any way want to lay this on you, but is there any way that you might have said something to her in the past that she could have found offensive? I ask this because there's a woman I work with whom I avoid/ignore. She is not well-liked by any of her co-workers, but the particular reason I won't deal with her unless necessary is that a few years ago she, first, rapped my knuckles with a spoon while I was putting sugar in my tea and told me I shouldn't be doing that, and second, a few days later, she asked me if I was ashamed to go out in public because of my weight, and then told me that she was a bit embarrassed to be seen with her overweight friend. She likely doesn't feel that this was inappropriate discourse (and I assume this because of things she's said to other people), but I certainly did and I really don't feel like listening to it, or her, again.

Again, I am not in any way suggesting that you would be so rude (few people are), but your co-worker may be hypersensitive about something.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus - I hear you and initially, I thought I MUST have done something. But I honestly don't think I did. Here's the background - I applied for the job that she got. I knew she would hear that I had applied for it and that she got it. I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable around me because of that. I know what it's like to be in that position, and I didn't want her to think I held it against her. Honestly, all she did was apply for the same job. It's not HER fault she got it. She really is more qualified for the job. Anyway, since I wanted to make sure she didn't think I held it against her, I was especially nice to her when she first came.

There's a group of girls that go out to lunch of Fridays. I made sure I invited her - and got turned down flat - several times. I made sure she knew about the coffee club, the sunshine club, etc. - got turned down flat each time. And not even very politely.

I really don't think I've done anything. I've talked to a couple other people in the office about it, and they don't think I've done anything either. She just plain doesn't like me. And I can live with that - just don't be rude! There's absolutely no excuse for rudeness.

Okay, then. She's just nuts . At least she's not invading your space with her nuttiness.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I keep hoping that she'll decide she hates me so much, she'll apply for a job someplace else and leave. I even hope she gets a promotion out of it. (Just to make sure she really takes the other job!)

Now that we have a new boss, our month ends are not quite as rushed. Nevertheless, this month, our cost accountant managed to create a report in which a group of products showed a positive gross profit, but together showed a loss. This sales report is attached to our financial statement package which I put together. Once the packages are assembled I pass them over to our Director of Finance. He distributes some of these packages internally and some are sent our our Head Office. After I had assembled the packages and passed them to our Director of Finance, our General Manager proof read them and noticed the error I mentioned and some others -he hadn't earlier because he was on the road; our Director of Finance had looked at them, but not in detail.
    The Director of Finance and the General Manager brought the errors to the attention of the cost accountant. He came to me and asked if I had sent the statements to our Head Office. I told him that I gave them to our Director of Finance, but that I didn't know if he sent the statements to Head Office. He went to the Director of Finance, retrieved the statement packages and asked me if any had been sent to Head Office. I said that if they were still there, obviously they had not been sent out. He then asked me how he could tell which ones get sent to Head Office. Here, finally is the point of why I mention this: I pointed out that on the top right hand corner of the title page of each package was the name of the person who would receive that copy and where they worked. Our cost accountant has received one of these packages every month for the past 6 years and he hasn't noticed that his name was on the title page? I am not talking about the 2nd junior assistant to the mail room clerk here - this guy is a manager, has an MBA and takes every conceivable opportunity to point out to me how important he is and how he barely considers me fit to look at his handiwork. I guess I am the annoying one; I just don't appreciate him enough.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Alan, has a perpetual runny nose....

...and uses his internal vacuum and pulls it all back in...

I call him Snuf-full-up-a-gus

*gag*
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Strange1;2442019;
    Alan, has a perpetual runny nose....

...and uses his internal vacuum and pulls it all back in...

I call him Snuf-full-up-a-gus
    GRRRRRRoss!! I can only imagine his breath!
    William 13...I understand completely!! I, too, work in Finance....and there are certain Excel reports that I have to do immediately, the first of every month, and distribute via email. I have my email set up to receive receipts to show who read what and when....and it frosts my fanny to see who deletes those reports without reading them.....like say the President and often the Treasurer (who whined the hardest about getting a report like that created in the first place)!!! Needless to say, I took it upon myself to quit even sending the President a copy of those reports and it's been months now and he hasn't noticed. My time is precious to do all the things I need to do and it irritates the crap out of me to do busy work that is dismissed.
    Thanks! I feel better already!!

+ Reply to Thread