+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Re: Your annoying co-worker

I have a small rant.

Normally I like this doctor. He is our head psychiatrist and we have worked well together. Monday, we had this long discussion about a hospital closing in Detroit and how we needed to handle this for our consumers. There is another hospital we never use but we may have to. He told me to go and check out about 7 things and stated "I don't they will have it, it won't work".

Well, to me, he told me to check this out. So, I start checking it out. I'm asking questions and looking into things. When asked, I tell people, "Dr so and so told me to check into this."

Friday...he comes into my office "I never told you to do this, I would never do that, I refuse to send anyone to that place." WHAT?!?!? We had a good 15 minute conversation about this and I listed what needed to be answered.

Turns out, he felt the conversation was about why we wouldn't use this hospital and he was giving the reasons. He felt he knew the answers. To me, it sounded like he was telling me to find out the answers. He kept bugging me all day about it. Finally I told him he was upsetting me and he could leave me alone or make me cry on my birthday.

Now...I have to wonder at next conversation and if I need to start asking "am I to actually do this or are you just talking?" I wasted a great deal of time on something I didn't need to.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

My annoying co-worker went over the top this morning. We have combinations to our exterior doors. The combo was changed last Thursday. I was off on Friday. So this morning, my annoying co-worker completely ignored me (as usual) when I passed her on the street and said good morning. We rode up in the elevator in complete silence because she refuses to talk to me (as usual). We get off the elevator on our floor - she heads towards one door and I head toward the other. (Even though the door I enter is closer to her office, she takes the long way around - presumably so she can spend even less time in my company.) So I get to the door, and sure enough, I forget the stupid combination. So I hit the doorbell. Now I know she has to know it's me. It's 6 AM!!! Do you think she'd come and answer the stupid door? NO!! I rang the bell three times - THREE TIMES!!! And she wouldn't come and answer the door. I finally just started hitting random numbers on the keypad, and I finally got the door to open. Can you believe that? What a great way to start a week!

Wow, ScoutMom, she sounds a little rabid!

I was thinking the same thing, Famita. Waaay beyond annoying. I hope you thanked her profusely for getting the door .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

That was even more annoying - I didn't see her for the rest of the day! I don't know where she was all day, but she wasn't anywhere near where I was!

She's a very strange person. She's all giggly and laughing with the men, but with the women - not so much. It's times like this that I wish I was a psychiatrist or something.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2375811;
    That was even more annoying - I didn't see her for the rest of the day! I don't know where she was all day, but she wasn't anywhere near where I was!

She's a very strange person. She's all giggly and laughing with the men, but with the women - not so much. It's times like this that I wish I was a psychiatrist or something.
    Some women don 't like other women or have a warped sense of envy of other women for the men's "affection", hence the giggly stuff with the guys.

Our landlord's sister is an example. My husband met her and rented the house, she came by a few times or talked to him on the phone in the beginning. He kept going on about how nice she was. I met her and she was the rudest, coldest fish I have ever been around. I tell him and he can't believe it. We see her together and she's nice. I see her alone and she's horrible. He talks to her and she's pleasant. He believe's me, fortunately and he's the one that said: "well maybe she's one of those women that don't like other women".

I actually prefer to hang around with guys, but I'm not all giggly and flirtatious. I do think that I get along with both men and women and have a lot of fun with my women friends. But for some reason I have more fun with the men friends I have. And I'm not rude and cold to anyone. (well only if they deserve it. ) But some women see other women as "competition" for whatever reason, even if there's no competition to be competing for.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't know what the story is with this one. It's just the strangest thing I've ever seen. I get that maybe she feels more comfortable around men. But to completely ignore somebody is just ridiculous. Where was she raised! It's just a matter of being polite.

You know, ScoutMom, I love to play devil's advocate. Maybe she was in the bathroom, or indisposed. And, of course, maybe she's just a witch!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2376797;
    You know, ScoutMom, I love to play devil's advocate. Maybe she was in the bathroom, or indisposed. And, of course, maybe she's just a witch!
    Yeah, I vote for your last thought!

I find that people can be surprisingly oblivious to other people around them and how their actions can effect them. If this woman ignores you, or is rude to you, I would call her on it. This is a technique I use often in many situations. I am not saying you should be combative ("hey beyoch what's your major major problem?") but more kill her with kindness type of thing. Something like, "Good Morning XXXXXXXX. How are you today?" If she is rude, call her on it with something like "(insert name) it seems you have an issue with me. Is there something I should be aware of?"
    I have been in situations in a grocery store or something, when a checkout person is rude and nasty to not only me, but the people before me. When it's my turn and I get the same nasty attitude, I have been known to say things like, "I'm sorry, am I bothering you?" or "Did I do something to make you upset?"
    I don't really think I, or anyone else in line, did anything and maybe that person is just having a had day, but I feel there is no excuse for taking your bad day and projecting it on everyone else you come in contact with.
    Most of the time, people act surprised, like they did not realize they were acting annoyed or being rude.
    Even if, this woman is a major you know what, perhaps confronting her about it would pull back the veil from in front of her, or at least force her to come up with a reason why she does not like you.

+ Reply to Thread