+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

MRD

Re: Your annoying co-worker

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2353759;
    I worked with this one girl in my last job who was pregnant with her first child. I know it's exciting, but you would have thought she was the first woman to ever give birth. At the time, I had two children and she still insisted on informing me how everything works. What the heartbeat monitor looks like, how the ultrasound works, how the baby pushing on the bladder makes you pee, etc..etc...Plus, since I worked right next to her all day long, I got to hear about every ache, pain, and kick she had. I even got details of her sex life and how it had changed since she became pregnant.

If I threw out a comment about something I experienced, she had to one up me. It drove me nuts. I know it's exciting to have a baby but some details are best kept to yourself. Plus, she talked down to me like I was a complete idiot who didn't know anything about pregnancy and birth. When she went on maternity leave was the happiest day of my life.

I do have a best co-worker story. I worked in a factory and the line I worked on had two mexicans who didn't speak a lick of English. After about 6 months, they had learned enough to carry on a conversation with us. We taught them all the cusswords and hand gestures.. Plus, they would cook authentic mexican food and bring enough for all of us. Yummy. They were just a lot of fun to work with. Plus, the guy took a vacation back to Mexico to get married so we got to see all the pictures and hear all the stories of a traditional mexican wedding. That was neat. The girl had 2 little boys and we used to chat about the kids. After she learned a bit of English, of course.

My husband has worked with quite a few Mexicans and he says they ALWAYS bring authentic Mexican food for everyone. One still lived with his mother and she apparantly thought it was her job to make sure the ENTIRE crew ate well. He's also said they were all very hard workers and very quick to pick up on what needed to be done despite some language barriers. They all think he's hysterical because one of the few things he can say in Spanish is an off color sentence that apparantly has them rolling on the aisle in Mexico. I told him he should get some more and he could do stand up. One of his co-workers in Florida was bi-lingual and I met him several times and he always had to tell me how funny my husband was at work. Funny but at home, he's the ONLY one that thinks he's funny. But at least he has an appreciative audience somewhere.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have several annoying co-workers - I don't even know where to begin!

1 - One can't stand me because if I should have the nerve to take a day off, she's one of the ones that has to cover my phone. (Let me add that I can't remember the last time she worked a full week and I'm talking for the past several YEARS. Also, the phone rarely rings because most everyone uses e-mail. AND I have a portable phone, she she can sit in her office and do whatever it is that she does just like normal.)

2 - Another co-worker won't talk to me. Don't know why. I tried extra hard to be nice to her when she first came because I had applied for that job. I knew she'd be told that by someone and I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable about it. But that didn't work, and she won't talk to me.

3 - We have coffee in the kitchen. Do you think people would make more when they empty the pot? NO! There's only a few of us that actually make coffee. And I don't even drink it! And they leave the kitchen an absolute mess - trash on the counters, spilled coffee, spilled sugar, etc.

4 - Our finance manager is just plain nuts. He just makes stuff up as he goes along. Some of it just doesn't make any sense at all. He'll tell you something about someone else that's completely false. And it's not about work - it's just stupid unimportant things.

5 - We have a manager (rather highly placed) who can't even put a couple words together in an e-mail that make sense. The Director is retiring (today) and we put together a joke "Top 10 Reasons Why" he's retiring. One of the items on the list is that he finally started making sense of the manager's e-mails.

6 - Our Human Resources people don't have any customer service skills. They don't think it's their job. They're in Human Resources!!!

I could go on and on and on. I have three years until retirement, and I'm telling you, I don't know how I'm going to make it that long.

3 - We have coffee in the kitchen. Do you think people would make more when they empty the pot? NO! There's only a few of us that actually make coffee. And I don't even drink it! And they leave the kitchen an absolute mess - trash on the counters, spilled coffee, spilled sugar, etc.
    In my office it was ice cube trays. I have no idea why it makes sense to some people to put empty trays in the freezer.
    5 - We have a manager (rather highly placed) who can't even put a couple words together in an e-mail that make sense. The Director is retiring (today) and we put together a joke "Top 10 Reasons Why" he's retiring. One of the items on the list is that he finally started making sense of the manager's e-mails.
    Too funny!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I'm talking and I can't shut up

#5 reminds me of a boss I had once. He would leave long (as in using all the allotted time and calling back to continue) rambling voice mails to tell us things like "Remember, your time reporting is due Friday". We got to taking turns with his calls. Whoever picked up the message first would take note of the point and tell the rest of us so we could delete it without listening.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2354123;
    In my office it was ice cube trays. I have no idea why it makes sense to some people to put empty trays in the freezer.
    Too funny!
    You work with my husband and daughter?????
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2354392;
    You work with my husband and daughter?????
    No, it's my son!!!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

There is an extremely disgusing coffee pot in our office. It had been sitting unused for years until a new guy came in a couple of years ago. He rinsed it in the bathroom sink and now he uses it all the time. It's gross. There are stains and left-over dried coffee and we think some rust. He uses it everyday and just rinses it out in the sink when he's done. There have also been dead bugs in our microwave nad he goes right ahead and puts his meal in there. I try to get lunches that don't require reheating, or else I use the microwave downstairs.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 04-27-2007 at 08:53 PM.

Scout, our human resources people are just plain awful. They are rude and always lose things and then blame us for the item being lost. I had to send my licience up 3 times, they kept misplacing it either that or selling it, I have no idea.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I have the exact opposite. I have the perfect co-worker. We generally get along, but she is always right. Her way, even though it is sometimes convoluted and old-fashioned, is the "true" way. I usually let her have her way, until she is dealing directly with my personal work. My motto is "go with the flow" except when you need to say "Don't mess with mine!" I normally enjoy working with her. It sure beats those offices when you have the catty witches who like to talk behind your back!

I work in a very small newspaper office where my only real co-worker is also my boss/editor.
    I could start an entire laundry list of all the things she does that annoy the ever-living snot out of me but there is one thing that stands out from the rest. My desk is in the front of the office, where people who stop in see me first. Also in the front of the office is our only bathroom (pretty close to where my desk is.....) My boss likes to talk, talk, talk about the most trivial topics, and when she goes to the bathroom she continues to talk as she walks in, closes the door and does her thing. I have a hard enough time dealing with the bathroom being so close to my desk. When someone goes in and closes the door I would like to pretend they disappear off the face of the earth for a little while. I can't stand yelling a conversation back and forth while she is on the pot. It happens all the time and it drives me crazy. I can't say anything because she is my boss. Am I crazy and should just get over it or do you see what I am saying here?

+ Reply to Thread