+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Re: Your annoying co-worker

Rattas, so........? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.) Ok, I was just kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2347632;
    Rattas, so........? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.) Ok, I was just kidding!
    I will say no more than it involved a kitten finding an unusual time and place to do the turn-around-three-times thing, lie down and start purring contentedly until she fell asleep.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2347546;
    It's been my experience that if you share too much about your life with co-workers, they can use it against you.
    Yeah, she had an issue with her boyfriend (we think he won't marry her, because she has kids) a while back & she was telling me all kinds of things about them as a couple & him & when I told her that he was controlling & she needed to spend some time by herself (they had broken up) she agreed. The next day at work, I was talking to my friend who she had also spoken to about the situation & found out that we both told her the same thing, but knew she wouldn't listen. She didn't listen & they got back together. She's one of those girls that can't be without someone. She went straight from a 15-year bad marriage to this relationship. After that, I had even less respect for her. She has no idea who she is & it really opened my eyes as to why she does certain things in her work life!

I attract annoying co-workers. I'm a stay at home mom right now, but when I was bartending, I was forced to work with this guy on the weekends. Normally, he was okay. A bit needy and whiney, but I could tolerate it. Until Halloween. We were having a huge costume party at the bar and our boss made us dress up in outfits she chose. "Mike" got to wear a tux and I got stuck in a playboy bunny costume. No lie. Heels and all. The place was packed, I was in a bad mood anyway and the boss hadn't forseen just how busy we would be, so there were only two bartenders that night. I ran my butt off. At one point, I was really running around and noticed Mike wasn't there. We had people at the bar 15 deep waiting for drinks and it's just me. I found him in the kitchen, curled in a ball on the floor sobbing. He was stressed because he had to open so many beers and mix so many drinks and he just couldn't do it. I admit..I was a bit nasty to him. My feet hurt, the bunny costume was giving me a wedgie and I was embarrassed to be dressed like that in public. I yanked him up by his collar and told him if he didn't get out there and help me, I was going to give him something to really cry about...LOL..Hey! It worked on my kids! He got up and finally went back to work, but I made sure my boss knew all about it. I ended up quitting shortly after because the boss decided we needed 'uniforms' and they were pretty racy. I refused to wear them every night. No thanks.

This isn't really a co-worker story, but I babysat for a few years and ended up with this one kid who I couldn't stand. Now, I adore children but this one.... She was 5 and knew nothing. Couldn't count to five, didn't know her alphabet...(I worked with her and she eventually learned them but it was apparent her father, who was raising her, paid her no attention). She also went around my house licking everything. The door, doorknob, toys, the wall, the carpet...everything. I followed her around with a clorox wipe...lol. She also wouldn't answer questions. We were in my 'new' truck waiting for another child I babysat for to get out of kindergarten (I picked her up every day) when the little girl mumbled something. I asked her to repeat it and she kept saying something but it sounded alien to me. I couldn't make it out to save my life. I finally got what she was trying to say when she barfed all over my back seat. She managed to get my newborn too, as he was in the carseat beside her. I ended up having my friend pick up the other little girl and I raced back home. I had to get both kids out of the truck, bath them both and ended up renting a steam cleaner to clean my truck, which her father didn't reimburse me for even though I told him I expected it. It was a nightmare.

I felt bad for the little girl. I really did. I just didn't have the patience to deal with her. I suggested her father have her tested for a learning disability and maybe spend a little more time with her. I also suggested he take her for a check-up because I thought her diet might be lacking due to her need to lick everything. No idea if he took it to heart, but I stopped watching her.
    Last edited by katgib13; 04-25-2007 at 01:02 PM.

I hope that dad took your advice Kat.. the kid would probably rate on the autism spectrum.

I work alone.. I like it that way..
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

=Duxxy;2351208;]I hope that dad took your advice Kat.. the kid would probably rate on the autism spectrum.
    That's what I was thinking...Autism. I'm not sure he did. He was pretty oblivious. If she had been the only child here, I would have had better coping skills. As it was, I had 3 other children most days, had given birth recently, was suffering depression and we were remodeling. I was just overwhelmed and knew I couldn't give her what she needed. She was a little cutie and was always smiling. I felt bad for her, but like I said...at that time, I just didn't have the coping skills.

I work second shift and I work with a woman who is very good at causing drama between the day shift and the night shift since she works 9-5. I have another co-worker on my shift who keeps ratting us out to the big boss even though he is no better at screwing off when we have down time.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2351208;
    I hope that dad took your advice Kat.. the kid would probably rate on the autism spectrum.

I work alone.. I like it that way..
    Your post now has me singing that old George Thorogood song: I drink alone

"I work alone.... with nobody else. When I work alone, I prefer to be by myself."

(ok, I didn't get a lot of sleep last night and might be punchy this morning)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan

Holy Smokes! I'm feeling pretty good about my co-jerkers now after reading all of this! My two worst ever was my boss....I walked into the kitchen area one day to find her pouring her cold coffee back into the coffee pot and then repouring her coffee back into her cup. Did I mention that I no longer drink coffee out of pots at work...EVER?!?! And I had one that sat over my cube wall that talked to herself and repeated things over and over again out loud to herself again and again using different pitches of her voice.
    I couldn't take it....I was two years and out at that job....when you feel like you need to open a vein and you're not sure it's gonna be your own...you know that is not a healthy environment!!

I worked with this one girl in my last job who was pregnant with her first child. I know it's exciting, but you would have thought she was the first woman to ever give birth. At the time, I had two children and she still insisted on informing me how everything works. What the heartbeat monitor looks like, how the ultrasound works, how the baby pushing on the bladder makes you pee, etc..etc...Plus, since I worked right next to her all day long, I got to hear about every ache, pain, and kick she had. I even got details of her sex life and how it had changed since she became pregnant.

If I threw out a comment about something I experienced, she had to one up me. It drove me nuts. I know it's exciting to have a baby but some details are best kept to yourself. Plus, she talked down to me like I was a complete idiot who didn't know anything about pregnancy and birth. When she went on maternity leave was the happiest day of my life.

I do have a best co-worker story. I worked in a factory and the line I worked on had two mexicans who didn't speak a lick of English. After about 6 months, they had learned enough to carry on a conversation with us. We taught them all the cusswords and hand gestures.. Plus, they would cook authentic mexican food and bring enough for all of us. Yummy. They were just a lot of fun to work with. Plus, the guy took a vacation back to Mexico to get married so we got to see all the pictures and hear all the stories of a traditional mexican wedding. That was neat. The girl had 2 little boys and we used to chat about the kids. After she learned a bit of English, of course.

+ Reply to Thread