+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Our A/P department files companies that start with "the" under "t" as well. The computer prints the labels they put on the folders. There is no point in telling them how ridiculous that is or that they could look at the name after "the" because according to them everything that they do is perfect and no one else in the company knows what they are doing.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by William13;2236295;
    This is probably a pretty common annoyance and so has likely been mentioned before. There is a guy in my office, who, whenever he sends me an email comes over to my desk to ask me if I received it and if I read it. If I send him an email he always comes over to ask me to explain it to him. It would be easier to tell him things in person, but if I do he usually denies that I ever told him. (This is a guy who has been working at our company for 5 years and still says that he has problems doing his job because he wasn't trained properly when he started).
    I have a client who I will send information/explanations/specifications by email to. He always calls to talk about them. but he doesn't read them first.
    He just sees he got one and calls, then has me wait on the phone while he reads them.

My most annoying co-worker - let's call her "M". Most of the time, she can be a very nice, helpful, friendly person. But if she's asked to do something she doesn't want to do, then watch out! It's like Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde! Because I had the audacity to take one of my vacation days last Monday and she had to answer my phone, she's now in a major snit and won't talk to me. Now understand - almost everyone communicates via e-mail. If the phone rings 5 times a day, that's a lot. I have a portable phone, so she doesn't have to sit at my desk; she can sit wherever she pleases. So I don't understand what the big problem is. But she acts like I'm asking her to carry the weight of the earth on her shoulders. So now she doesn't respond when I say good morning; if I ask her a question, she responds with the fewest number of words possible.

And what makes me so angry about it is that I know it shouldn't bother me. If she wants to act like she's five, then go for it. But it does bother me. She pulls this stunt every now and again, so I know eventually she'll get over it, and will go back to being the nice, friendly, helpful person she normally is. But in the meantime, I want to choke the living crap out of her!!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2238631;
    And what makes me so angry about it is that I know it shouldn't bother me. If she wants to act like she's five, then go for it. But it does bother me. She pulls this stunt every now and again, so I know eventually she'll get over it, and will go back to being the nice, friendly, helpful person she normally is. But in the meantime, I want to choke the living crap out of her!!!

ScoutMom, that's where you have to put your foot down. There's nothing saying that when she gets friendly again, you can't be nice, but don't be overly nice. If you are, then she will act as though she can treat you however she pleases and you will always be nice to her. That is what I go through with this idiot I work with. Recently I have stopped being as nice and talking like nothing bothers me. Too many years of being treated like a slave here and I decided to make a change myself. If I didn't do it, nothing would have ever changed and the cycle would continue. You are not a door mat and people need to realize that. She is paid to do a job and if she doesn't like it, then maybe she should be sitting home unemployed
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

A good point, and I'm sure you're right. The problem is, I just can't bring myself to be that way. I try to help anybody that needs it. (Not that I'm always successful at it, but I do try.) It's not like we're best buds or anything. We're co-workers - that's it. I just don't like to work feeling like I'm tied up in knots, and that's what it's like. I've considered talking to my supervisor about it, but when it's put into words, it just sounds so petty.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Scoutmom, believe me...it took me 7 years to finally stand up to her and tell her that she was not my boss. This was only done after I went to my boss several times and he did absolutely NOTHING. I was at my wits end. I like my job and boss most of the time, but I don't need the stress she adds to my life. I remembered what my father used to tell me growing up.....Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean. I wanted to scream at her the day my husband's uncle passed away and she told me it wasn't my place to go be with him. I kept my cool and told her exactly what I thought and walked out the door.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2238631;
    But in the meantime, I want to choke the living crap out of her!!!

Maybe a nice "little" boy scout choke hold? heh heh heh

That's a good one, gabriel!

Re: Your annoying co-worker

Our Cost Accounting Manager is a highly paid man with an MBA and 30 years of work experience. What he doesn't have is a single clue as to how to do his job.
    Today he came to ask me a question about this very large overseas order that we shipped last month. He said that our Controller told him that I accrued some commission for one of our agents against the order and asked for the amount of the commission. (Either one of them could have looked up the commission in our computer, had they bothered to look). I told him that the calculation was done by the sales person who handled the order. I looked up the amount on the computer and he wrote it down. He then asked me to print out the screen I was reading. The screen told him nothing more than what he had written down, but the man loves his print screens. He took the sheet on which he had written the amount and the print screen and wandered back to his desk. I couldn't have been more than 5 seconds before he returned. There were 2 parts to the order. He wanted to know if the commission covered both parts. That's when I noticed what was on the paper that he was holding. It was the calculation of the commission that the sales department have given me to enter into the computer.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Re: Your annoying co-worker

There is a semi new employee that is driving me nuts. Luckily I'm not his direct supervisor but his direct supervisor only works part time so then he is always coming to me for information. When he was trained, he insisted he knew all of this information. Now that he has been "trained" he is calling 4-6 times a day from the field asking questions. Or if he is in the office he is walking into my office over and over asking questions. Once he was puzzled by a form, I kept asking him if he wanted us to go over the form prior to his filling it out but he said no.

Instead he walked into my office 5 times filling out this little two page form. But, if you try to tell him something it's "oh I know that."
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread