+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Maybe more amusing than annoying, but it seems every office I've ever been in has at least one chronic popcorn burner.

That happy, buttery, movie theater scent is replaced by the ugly smell of scorching. Two minutes later, here he/she comes holding a smoldering bag of popcorn ashes and asking if anyone wants some.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyme;2228815;
    Maybe more amusing than annoying, but it seems every office I've ever been in has at least one chronic popcorn burner.

That happy, buttery, movie theater scent is replaced by the ugly smell of scorching. Two minutes later, here he/she comes holding a smoldering bag of popcorn ashes and asking if anyone wants some.

That is so funny. There are several people at my office who do the same thing. I didn't realize there was a popcorn burners club.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    @ Thyme! so true..so true..

I am free of the binds that bound me to this thread.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I'm not a pop-corn burner (I'm a hover and stop at the first sign of slowing down) but I blame it on the microwaves that have a "popcorn" button. Lulls you into thinking the machine will actually stop at an acceptable point.
    Count your blessings!

Boy am I the odd one out - I scorch my popcorn on purpose - but only at home .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

hehe....ew burnt popcorn.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

It's an acquired taste.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

This is probably a pretty common annoyance and so has likely been mentioned before. There is a guy in my office, who, whenever he sends me an email comes over to my desk to ask me if I received it and if I read it. If I send him an email he always comes over to ask me to explain it to him. It would be easier to tell him things in person, but if I do he usually denies that I ever told him. (This is a guy who has been working at our company for 5 years and still says that he has problems doing his job because he wasn't trained properly when he started).
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by William13;2236295;
    This is probably a pretty common annoyance and so has likely been mentioned before. There is a guy in my office, who, whenever he sends me an email comes over to my desk to ask me if I received it and if I read it. If I send him an email he always comes over to ask me to explain it to him. It would be easier to tell him things in person, but if I do he usually denies that I ever told him. (This is a guy who has been working at our company for 5 years and still says that he has problems doing his job because he wasn't trained properly when he started).
    It is really annoying when people do that. I will get a page to call my boss and he will ask if I got his email. Well DUH -you had to page me, doesn't that mean I am not at my desk? Also people who see you in the hallway or wherever and ask if I got their voicemail message. These are the same people that tell others about how quickly I respond to email and voicemail.. What the ???

I just found this thread & love it!

So, I have many annoying people at work, but today, I'll just talk about the most annoying, "Emily" (not her real name). Emily sits in the cube next to me. I can hear her burb & fart. Here's the kicker, when she sneezes, she'll say excuse me, but burbing farting are OK I guess. When she goes to the bathroom, she'll get a few paper towels & wet them & take them into the stall with her. When she comes outs, she doesn't wash her hands. Eeewwww! I can hear her clip her nails at her desk.
    As for her job, she's a filing clerk, she files employee expense reports by their 1st name & Companies that start with The, go under T of course.
    Thanks for letting me vent! Her department is going to be moving far away, so at least I'll only have to deal with seeing her in the bathroom now.

+ Reply to Thread