+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

, speedbump. I was just going to say the same thing - I can't stop laughing at some of these horror stories! I was going to write about my pesky co-worker but there's no need to now. I feel like I'm working in luxury in comparison!
    One thing about it, y'all have GREAT happy hour stories!!!

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    We were all out to lunch one day (there were about 20 of us), and he was trying to tell a story. His female 'assistant' kept interrupting him, and he was actually being uncharacteristically patient with her. She did it one more time, and he calmly picked up the drink in his hand (at a restaurant, mind you), and slowly poured the entire contents over her head. We sat there stunned. It became even odder when she very matter-of-factly starting blotting it up with her napkin.
    Oh my gosh, Rosekid! Did anyone say anything to this man? I can't believe his assistant just wiped up the drink with her napkin!!

I have an incredibly annoying co-worker, (who pales in comparison with some of the people who have been described in this thread already, but is horrible to work with nonetheless). Unfortunately, I got stuck in the cubicle next to "Tracy" because so many others in the department absolutely refuse to sit by her. I work for a large life insurance and annuity company and a good portion of my day is spent on the phone with clients. A large portion of Tracy's day is spent on the phone with her husband, her friends, and the numerous creditors and bill collectors who call my extension when she doesn't answer hers. When she's not tying up her work phone with personal calls, she's on her cell phone (which is not acceptable according to company policy).

This woman feels the need to share every minute detail of her life with me. Since her cube is right next to mine, all she has to do is stand up and start blathering on and on about nothing and there's not much I can do short of getting up and walking away. If I try to ignore her, or wear headphones and pretend that I can't hear what she's saying to me, she will hit the wall of my cube so that I can't help but pay attention to her. She constantly complains about her personal life, her professional life, and.. well everything! And, she ends each sentence with "you know?" Yes, I know but I don't care!

Tracy always talks about how clean her house is and makes a show of being germaphobic at work. She constantly uses anti-bacterial hand sanitizers and perfumes at her desk. I have another co-worker, "Kathy", who has some serious health problems (specifically with her lungs), and she suffered a very terrible asthma attack after Tracy repeatedly used a hand sanitizer that contained something that Kathy was very allergic to. This was after Kathy had made it clear that she was allergic to the product. Tracy said she "forgot," and used it by accident. Kathy was out of work for two months. And, for all her talk, her desk is the filthiest,most disgusting mess I've ever seen in a professional setting. The filth seeps under the wall we share. It's really, really gross.

I wouldn't have such a problem with Tracy if she was a competent and ethical co-worker, but she's not. She's been with the company for 15 years, and can't even manage to complete simple tasks properly. Once, she and I were working on a project that had to be completed for the Securities and Exchange Commission (kind of a big deal when you're in the financial field) and twice(!) she closed the spreadsheet that housed all of the information without saving it. We did not meet our deadline and I was really p*ssed off, (so was my boss), and Tracy just cried, which p*ssed me off even more.

But, on the bright side, Tracy is out for two weeks for carpel tunnel surgery. Two, glorious, heavenly, peaceful, quiet weeks. Aaaaahhhhhh.

Thanks for letting me vent! This thread was a great idea!

Okay...There are soooo many annoying coworkers here at the bank, but this one woman stood out more than the rest, her name was Martha.
    1st of all she would come into work with runs and red nail polish all over her black nylons. When the manager asked her about her messy legs, Martha would say that it just happened.
    Then one day Martha needed the bars to hang her files in her desk, she asked everyone ( except for the 1 lady that was on vacation at the time ) if they had any but had no luck. So a week later, the lady that was on vacation came back and when she opened her drawer to her desk...all of her hanging files were laying down. I told her to ask Martha about that, when she asked, Martha said she didn't know what happened to her metal bars.
    This woman was soooo annoying with her ways and lied soooo much she got fired. But when the Manager fired her, Martha pointed both fingers @ the manager and made a hissing noise and said "I currrrse you" She put a whammy on the manager, and that whole year the Manager had very bad luck. Martha even took the bank to court, and the judge was so fed up with her interupting, that he threw her out.
    I think I will be in this thread alot, because this place is loaded with annoying co-workers.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    Okay...There are soooo many annoying coworkers here at the bank, but this one woman stood out more than the rest, her name was Martha.
    1st of all she would come into work with runs and red nail polish all over her black nylons. When the manager asked her about her messy legs, Martha would say that it just happened.
    Then one day Martha needed the bars to hang her files in her desk, she asked everyone ( except for the 1 lady that was on vacation at the time ) if they had any but had no luck. So a week later, the lady that was on vacation came back and when she opened her drawer to her desk...all of her hanging files were laying down. I told her to ask Martha about that, when she asked, Martha said she didn't know what happened to her metal bars.
    This woman was soooo annoying with her ways and lied soooo much she got fired. But when the Manager fired her, Martha pointed both fingers @ the manager and made a hissing noise and said "I currrrse you" She put a whammy on the manager, and that whole year the Manager had very bad luck. Martha even took the bank to court, and the judge was so fed up with her interupting, that he threw her out.
    I think I will be in this thread alot, because this place is loaded with annoying co-workers.
    OMFG!!! Zaaam, this one had me on the floor! The hissing sound was the best. Martha sounds like that freaky chic from The Apprentice this season. TOO FUNNY!

I have a couple of annoying co-workers, but none that I dislike so much, Id be able to tell such colorful stories about. But Im having fun reading about everyone elses misery!

OMG I'm loving this thread!! Thanks so much for the laugh Zaaam - I would have loved to see the finger point/hiss thing
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Oh, my! I have been stifling my laughter throughout this thread! I can empathize with everyone!!!!

I work in a very small office with only one "real" coworker, who I'll call "Rose". She's 66, I'm 29... you can imagine the problems already can't you?!

We are alloted one hour each for lunch. I take mine from 12 - 1 everyday. Everyday at 11:30, I walk down to the bank, do the banking; go to the post office and on my way back to the office stop to grab something to eat. When I return it's usually 12, or slightly after. I sit at my desk, eat my lunch and surf the net. Well... usually every day, Rose will "run" across the street around 11:00 to grab a few groceries for that night's dinner. "Running" turns into at least a 1/2 hour excursion. If she takes the mail to the mail box - a 2 minute walk, it takes her 20 minutes. She's definitely fit and active, so it's not the fact that she's older - nope, she's shopping.

Well, not only does she go shopping in the morning, but heaven forbid that something should happen that takes me out of the office around her lunch! She actually locks the office up for her lunch hour and goes into the boardroom, grabs three chairs and has a nap. The three chairs - one for her head, one for her butt, and one for her feet - she sleeps on her side. After her nap, she reads for half and hour and then comes back to her desk looking like something the cat dragged in.

The woman can talk and talk and talk about NOTHING all day long! I swear she has half conversations with me in her head because all of a sudden she's telling me something and I haven't got a clue what she's talking about, but the way that she said it makes me think that she thought she'd said something just prior. She also talks to her daughters at least 6 times a day - the sad thing about it, they still live at home with her - they're 32 & 34... what the heck do they talk about at home?! She makes me shake my head in disbelief at least once a day! And talk about OPINIONATED?!!!! I won't even go there!

Not related to Casey
    I worked for a lawyer that used to take his secretary into his office, close the door, and then get really quiet for about fifteen minutes. Then they'd start yelling at each other and the secretary would come back out. Turns out (surprise, surprise) they were actually doinking (can I say that here?) and then fighting because the secretary wanted the lawyer to leave his wife and he refused. But then they'd do it all over again. Weird......

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgirl5235
    Oh, my! I have been stifling my laughter throughout this thread! I can empathize with everyone!!!!

I work in a very small office with only one "real" coworker, who I'll call "Rose". She's 66, I'm 29... you can imagine the problems already can't you?!

We are alloted one hour each for lunch. I take mine from 12 - 1 everyday. Everyday at 11:30, I walk down to the bank, do the banking; go to the post office and on my way back to the office stop to grab something to eat. When I return it's usually 12, or slightly after. I sit at my desk, eat my lunch and surf the net. Well... usually every day, Rose will "run" across the street around 11:00 to grab a few groceries for that night's dinner. "Running" turns into at least a 1/2 hour excursion. If she takes the mail to the mail box - a 2 minute walk, it takes her 20 minutes. She's definitely fit and active, so it's not the fact that she's older - nope, she's shopping.

Well, not only does she go shopping in the morning, but heaven forbid that something should happen that takes me out of the office around her lunch! She actually locks the office up for her lunch hour and goes into the boardroom, grabs three chairs and has a nap. The three chairs - one for her head, one for her butt, and one for her feet - she sleeps on her side. After her nap, she reads for half and hour and then comes back to her desk looking like something the cat dragged in.

The woman can talk and talk and talk about NOTHING all day long! I swear she has half conversations with me in her head because all of a sudden she's telling me something and I haven't got a clue what she's talking about, but the way that she said it makes me think that she thought she'd said something just prior. She also talks to her daughters at least 6 times a day - the sad thing about it, they still live at home with her - they're 32 & 34... what the heck do they talk about at home?! She makes me shake my head in disbelief at least once a day! And talk about OPINIONATED?!!!! I won't even go there!
    She takes a nap?! Too funny, djgirl5235.

a nap and a boink?? I worked in really boring places compared to you guys
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread