+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2200208;
    She's always getting sick and I hardly ever do, so I think she wants company in her misery. I'm keeping my distance from her hacking cough! Tomorrow I may just have to wear a dust mask for effect.
    Isn't the old saying misery loves company Stay FARRRRR away from her or you'll be right along side of her hacking up a lung
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Phonegrrrl,
    If you wear a dust mask tomorrow, I want to see a picture.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2200202;
    Honestly, I don't know. The reasoning he has given me is that if he should fire her and she gets sick, God will punish him. So, me being the devil's advocate I am asked if God will punish him for allowing me to sit here day after day and be sick (my stress level is through the roof which is probably why I can't get pregnant)? Never got an answer.
    Have you tried to find another job? It doesn't sound like that you are working in the best environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2200233;
    Have you tried to find another job? It doesn't sound like that you are working in the best enviroment.
    I'm getting my resume together this weekend. He's a great boss, just doesn't know how to enforce rules. Which is odd because he used to be a green beret
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2200089;
    She was selling the knitted stuff that she made while she was SUPPOSED to be working.
    I'm trying to imagine what kind of knitting brings in $1500-2000 a month? I need to learn to knit so I can make whatever she was making! And to make that much money, she had to be doing a great deal of knitting and not a lot of working. What finally made her stop doing it at work?

How did she peddle her goods? Was she selling on ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2200270;
    I'm trying to imagine what kind of knitting brings in $1500-2000 a month? I need to learn to knit so I can make whatever she was making! And to make that much money, she had to be doing a great deal of knitting and not a lot of working. What finally made her stop doing it at work?

How did she peddle her goods? Was she selling on ebay?

She was making ponchos and purses and stuff like that. But she was charging an arm and a leg for them (and personally I thought they looked crappy)

She did absolutely NO work. I did the work while I was there and when I wasn't the boss took over because she pretended that she couldn't hear the customers coming in.

I finally went to my boss and told him that if he allowed her to continue to knit and sell the stuff, I was leaving. See, we were moving into a new building and he promised her that she could have a room to sell her stuff and there was NO way I was going to allow that to happen.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2200276;
    I finally went to my boss and told him that if he allowed her to continue to knit and sell the stuff, I was leaving. See, we were moving into a new building and he promised her that she could have a room to sell her stuff and there was NO way I was going to allow that to happen.
    combatcutie, I don't think your colleague is the problem. I think your boss is. Children will run wild if their parents don't discipline them. This woman sounds like she needs to be reined in big-time. But your boss not only won't do that, he enables her by making you do the brunt of the work. I know this is difficult to do in a small workplace and it could backfire on you, but you might have a private meeting with him and tell him that this is a toxic work environment and akin to harrassment at work and that he's allowing it to go on.

Lois, I agree whole heartedly with you. It is HIS fault this goes on. He would rather have me sit there in silence than to say something to her because he knows all she will do for the next x amount of days is b**ch/whine/complain. I'm fighting a losing battle because I have gone to him several times. My father (against my wishes) has gone to him and he is full of promises, but never makes good on them. He is a good boss, he just doesn't have the ability to throw his weight around. I think he sometimes forgets that this is HIS business, not hers. Yes, she has been with the company for 30 years, which doesn't mean squat as the agencies are privately owned. Not to mention, she has no idea what she is doing. Half the time I have to either fix her mistakes or help her fix them (and I've only been there 6 & 1/2 years)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I know this would be hard to do 'cause you're a good employee who wants to work...but bring your knitting/quilting or something in and do the same thing she does...at least for one day. And when he/she complains about you not working, just say, "Oh, there's different sets of rules of us here?"

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Combatcutie, is this lady a relative of the Boss? That's the only reason I can see why he would keep her around unless he's brain dead. There has to be something out there better for you. Get that resume done and search the job websites for something in your area. Also since your boss doesn't appear to see anything wrong with people doing their own thing on company time, make sure you do the searching at work.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread