+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Ok, I have to give annoying/hated co-worker props for this one. Jafo quit last Thursday cause he was being treated REALLY badly here and she stood up for him! Maybe she is trying to change her evil ways?
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Seriously annoying? That would be the co-worker who lives out of your purse. Two or three times a day this person needs tissue, lotion, an aspirin, a mint. How is it that a grown, working human being doesn't have these personal items? A one time ask I can understand, but there's always that co-worker who believes that as long as YOU carry the things they need, they don't have to.

I had such a person early last year. Once when she was mooching something, I gave her a look and said "You know... Target has this on sale, two for $5.00" Her eyes widened a bit. She nodded and eased away. Now she visits someone two desks over for her never ending needs.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyme;2196971;
    Seriously annoying? That would be the co-worker who lives out of your purse. Two or three times a day this person needs tissue, lotion, an aspirin, a mint. How is it that a grown, working human being doesn't have these personal items?
    These are also the same women who, if you go out to a nightclub/movie/outing, will want to put all their things into YOUR purse since you're already carrying one...

I have a co-worker who is complaint-worthy, but unfortunately not really complain to management worthy. Personally, I stopped communicating with her on any but the most perfunctory business related level four years ago because she (a) rapped my knuckles with a spoon while I was putting sugar in my tea; and (b) asked me if I wasn't ashamed to be seen in public because of my great and humiliating bulk. And no I'm not, in case anyone's wondering.

At any rate, though I no longer communicate with her, I hear plenty about her doings. The last charming bit of behaviour I heard about was from another co-worker who put off a very small and unimportant bit of work over the past holiday week (changing an address in a database) with every intention of doing it when she got back from her vacation. Anyway, G (the b**ch) saw that this hadn't been done and e-mailed M (the vacationer) asking if she had forgotten to do this. That would have been fine except that G cc'd M's boss, who is already not entirely pleased with M. I cannot believe just how blatantly passive-aggressive G is, not to mention rude, bossy, perpetually complaining to management about any and every given thing, and inclined to snivel if people make it known they don't like her.

Luckily, G doesn't frighten me so consequently she is a little afraid of me, but I still can't stand it when she tries to be my buddy - I'm not one of those people who enjoys the company of bullies/cowards.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

My annoying co-worker believes she is the company cheerleader. Don't get me wrong, I like my job, but her level of ass-kissing reaches new heights each week.

What irritates me upon no end is her good morning tour. Her shift starts later than everyone else, so everyone's been working a good hour or so before she waltzes in the door. EVERY SINGLE DAY she walks from desk to desk asking everyone how their night was, weekend, etc. If you coughed twice the day before, she brings it up. No one, including her superiors, has much to say, but she continues to do it. Her one ally is the accountant who is just as insufferable as she is in terms of ass-kissing.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I only have 1 co-worker and most of you would think I'm lucky....Guess again. I would trade my one for a million just to get rid of her.

She fails to realize that she is an EMPLOYEE not the EMPLOYER. She yells at the boss constantly. The last straw for me not talking to her was Friday when she got into an argument with the boss (see pet peeves) and had the nerve to bring ME into her argument. Talking all kinds of smack about me. And when I got back from lunch, she acted like she didn't do anything wrong. (actually both of them did) Umm....Hello MORON....yes you did. There was NO reason to bring me up into a fight you were having with the boss. And now, don't expect me to be oh so nice to you. I've tried to be nice for 6 & 1/2 years and I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!! There is NO law saying that I have to be friends with the people I work with. If she said what she said in front of me, what is she saying behind my back???
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2199916;
    If she said what she said in front of me, what is she saying behind my back???
    Oh, yeah! But at least you know it's probably going on.

I haven't worked in an office for several years, but even now, every time I hear someone whistling my skin crawls. We had an idiot who whistled at his desk every day and if you asked him to stop, he smiled and did it louder. That is, when he wasn't making loud, obnoxious personal calls to his buddies, recounting every moment of their previous night out.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2199975;
    Oh, yeah! But at least you know it's probably going on.
    True cricketeen, but I haven't done a single thing to this lady. She doesn't like me because I'm 30 years younger and actually DO MY WORK. She used to sit at her desk and knit while I took care of the phones and the walk-in customers. She not only got paid her salary, but she made $1500-2000 a month under the table with what she would sell from the office
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2200004;
    She not only got paid her salary, but she made $1500-2000 a month under the table with what she would sell from the office
    Was she stealing things from the company? Was she selling office supplies? This is crazy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2200087;
    Was she stealing things from the company? Was she selling office supplies? This is crazy!!!
    She was selling the knitted stuff that she made while she was SUPPOSED to be working.

+ Reply to Thread