+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

But she had the clients signed it and understood my situation. She also informed me that if a problem occured, she would take the heat instead.
    Mrs. Cwebb, I would be very careful about that. If you can't get that kind of assurance in writing, stand your ground. People have a way of forgetting promises when it's coming down on them.

I know she's only 22, and she may (or may not) be sick, but this was ridiculous.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Mrs. Cwebb, I would be very careful about that. If you can't get that kind of assurance in writing, stand your ground. People have a way of forgetting promises when it's coming down on them.
    Thanks for the reminder. I'll admit, this didn't cross my mind at first because I do trust my asst. manager, but you are right, people have a tendency to save their ass even if it means lying or backstabbing others.

But if anything were to come of this incident I do have a witness in case my asst manager decides to say that she had no part in it at all. If I do get blamed somehow, I'll make sure to drag people those that were also responsible in it as well. No way I'll take blame for others.

I have a feeling it'll be alright, but if anything happens, thanks for reminding me.

I want to puke now.

My old hag supervisor had a one on one talk with me about our next year's goals and new responsibilities for me, midway through this discussion she burps insanely and it stinks like rotten eggs. I nearly vomitted on the scene and she acted like nothing had happened. Too bad the whole time she was talking, I was sooo dillusioned by the smell I couldn't pay attention.

I hope someone gets me a gas mask this Christmas.

I don't work here anymore but I used to work with a woman who really made me all the time. Every single day, there was nothing but complaints out of her mouth. I would work closing shift 9 times out of 10 and the next day, she would be there claiming that I didn't clean well enough for her standards. She wasn't even my supervisor but she always had something to say. She would complain that she couldn't do the work because she had a bad arm :cry. Please! There were plenty of times we saw her doing heavy work but she wanted everyone else to do her work for her. I never saw a smile on her face and she was even rude to the customers. She left 2 days before my last day and she was only supposed to be gone for 7 weeks. (Surgery on her arm). That was the last week in July and she still hasn't been back.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I've just had a crappy day at work and am really glad it is Friday. Long story short, I've been working hard on a case, but all the while have been convinced that the client is lying to us about the particulars of the incident at issue. I've told this to my boss for over a year now, but he has repeatedly dismissed my concerns. Then, today, after a deposition, he finally says, "You know, I don't think we've gotten the straight story from [this client]." Being dismissed is bad enough, but what is worse is that all thru the 2 days of depositions, I've been treated like the hospitality director (get some drinks, get the lunch, get WHATEVER these men want) rather than a lawyer. I've been practicing 7 freakin' years!!!! We have secretaries, paralegals, AND people who do lunch/room setups! I've been at this job for 2 years and it's only gotten worse. Maybe my problem is I'm used to a predominantly female setting, where everyone is treated as equals. I soooo need a new job....

All these hospital stories (and I'll be adding one now) make me never willing to trust a hospital again.

I work in transplant, confidential stuff. We have our medical secretary that is so cringe-worthy. To add to the HIPAA violations above. We had a donor come into the office after his procedure. The secretary takes his chart, and starts reading it in front of him asking questions about his health work-up! When she sees that something was positive, she drops the chart and starts YELLING about it, that she shouldn't have touched it after he did, that she has to go wash his hand, etc. Now the positivity was something stupid, like to do with his ABO type, but as she knows nothing, she is there screaming with the door open and the donor (and myself) horrified.

This woman also wanders around waiting for people to leave their desk, then goes through the drawers looking for food. She takes anything edible write off the desk and out of your drawers.

She also has diabetes and was asking me for candy. I have a jar of mints on top of a cabinet and told her to have one. She said it was too much sugar, wandered into someone elses drawer, took out a handful of hershey kisses, ate them all dropping the wrappers on the floor, then went into the jar anyway, walked over to another desk and took more chocolate, and wandered off. Meanwhile, the phones are ringing off the hook. Food issues just gross me out with her. Someone had brough in a bag of pretzels, she sneezed into her hand then reached into the bag to grab some, left a trail leading back to her office of pretzels. The bag was then tossed.

Then, I had to go into the office and get something, and she starts grilling me about how to lose weight (I've lost around 30 since starting there, trying to pass this annoying plateau). I told her, can't eat sugar/snacks as much (her response, oh you know me, I only eat salad, I can't even eat sugar because of the diabetes), exercise (oh, I'm always walking all the time) etc., and she countered every suggestion that she does that.

She annoys the hell out of me!

On the bright side, I found that you can personalize M&M's (shop.mms.com/custom). I should be leaving for a new career by September, I'm gonna get a big ol bag of "Chew on this, I quit" M&M's made up, hand them out and never look back. And I know she'll eat them all and leave a trail.

She is also the biggest snoop, it's not just food, it's papers, memos, anything she can find to read, she'll say things like "I know you hate this place don't you?" to try and trap you. Just awful.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Glitternerfball, that just sucks. Maybe this person needs to be taught a lesson on how to leave others belongings alone. She definitely needs to go to manner school
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Just for one day everyone should coat their food wrappers in a thin layer of blue ink. One day of having blue inked hands will keep her away for a while and drive the point home. Just be careful not to touch the inked stuff yourself. That is what the surgical gloves are good for.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I was thinking more along the lines of exlax in brownies!

Ah, I wish I could do the exlax!

I left out the best part, after people started moving things to locked drawers (which they stopped, because i work with nurses that are always on the run and it took too much time and energy) she started saying she was pregnant and the baby wanted crackers, or twizzlers or whatever she thought we had. This went on for a month (she's in her 50's) and just annoyed the hell out of all of us because we knew it was an outright lie.

+ Reply to Thread