+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    Ahhh, I can never top Unklescott's story, that's just a pure classic!!!
    Well, let me add another chapter. I swear I'm not making this stuff up either.
    He was at a Kenny Rogers gig and Kenny refused to play unless they let him backstage with him. Kenny was telling everybody that this dude was his nephew. Of course they let him backstage. BTW he says he has a video tape of himself with Tina to prove his first story. I'm still waiting.

He has a videotape of Tina and him getting high, eh??? That ought to be good for somethin'.

It's a shame he held up that concert. Dayumed bouncers!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie

Worlds worst boss/why?

Working for small family owned businesses has to be the easiest situation to have a terrible, cheap or egotistical boss.
    Our boss at the restaurant I work at installed cameras and watches from home. She will call up and send people home and as soon as they are gone, bam we get busy and don't have enough help. In 5 years she has not given one Christmas bonus to anyone.

I worked for a family owned business once - a restaurant. The mother was the hostess, the father was sort of a fix-it guy, one son actually owned it, but he was in his early 20s and partied with all the wait staff. Occasionally you wouldn't be allowed down in the storage cellar because he would be getting frisky with a waitress. His brother was the bartender and his sisters were both waitresses. They were really nice people, but it seemed like an odd set-up. Especially the frisky owner. It was like they all had found a way to keep him in the fold with him as the center of attention.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Well, let me add another chapter. I swear I'm not making this stuff up either.
    He was at a Kenny Rogers gig and Kenny refused to play unless they let him backstage with him. Kenny was telling everybody that this dude was his nephew. Of course they let him backstage. BTW he says he has a video tape of himself with Tina to prove his first story. I'm still waiting.
    Marvelous, this guy cracks me up!!! If I were you, I'd be harassing him for that Tina video everyday!

I think I said way back in this thread that I had no annoying co-workers.
    That's no longer true.

Let me just briefly explain the staff structure: there's the manager and assistant manager, and I'm the main PT person who covers their days off. We have one other girl who works several hours a month to cover when one of us are on vacation. She had another PT job and was gone for a while but she quit that job shortly after Thanksgiving.

Now that the holidays are here, we expected her to be the fourth person to help on the weekends. She came in yesterday and said she had mono, but wasn't contagious and that her symptoms were in check. Okay, fine. She's sick- that's understandable. However, I came into work this morning and found a message on the answering machine. It was from her, and she left a really long message. Her flu-like symptoms had returned, and she wasn't sure if she could come in, and she wanted our boss to call her back. In her message she also said, "Well, if I can't come in (sleepy) can have some extra hours." (I was scheduled to work only a few hours today) She says this every time she calls in sick, and it never fails to tick me off. I need time off too, you know.

Anyway I was expecting this, so I stayed all day. This girl eventually called the store two hours after she was supposed to start, since my boss and I were über-busy. She said she couldn't come in. My boss asked if she could work tomorrow, which was supposed to be my first Sunday off in a long time. She said she didn't know, so she was taken off and I have to work instead. My boss was very annoyed.

If she had a doctor's note saying she couldn't work, then I'd be okay with it. But having this day-to-day stuff is aggravating the rest of us. I'm one of those people who hates calling in sick, especially when I know we're short-handed, and even if I feel dead. This is it: after this girl we have nobody, and the corporate office didn't allow any holiday hires.

Phew, had to get that out.

Forget holiday hires. Replace the slacker! Tell her to cough up a doctor's note or she's on notice. Either work her shifts or be replaced. It's totally unfair to you.
    Count your blessings!

Makes me wonder about this co-worker who goes to the bathroom A LOT!

- PG?
    - Weak Bladder?

I lose count HOW MANY TIMES this person heads off to the toilet..... :rolleyes

Always eager to go home early but whines about NOT getting enough hours/ the paycheck is sooooooo teeny tiny.
    I groan about many things in life but I just keep it to myself. If I have to hear this person rant AGAIN for the ten millionth time I have to take myself away from this person's presence. Whats worse was recently another co-worker is planning a christmas party get together and to help in w/ the resturaunt we are going to a small fee is being requested & this person snobbingly says I AM NOT PAYING! :rolleyes If that was me that said that I would have paraphrased it differently. I said to the person that was planning the event to take this persons name OFF of the secret santa that is gonna tie in w/ the christmas party get together.

Sometimes I hate going to Christmas parties with my co workers because most of them hate each other and its just a scene of overt phoniness. Kinda makes me gag when I see two co workers hug and embrace each other when the moment they turn around they're talking smack and calling each other names. :phhht

I forgot to mention how much I cannot stand nosy co workers. When my grandmother passed away my Old Hag supervisor badgered me with questions about it including how/when she died, what illness she suffered from, who's attending the funeral, where we plan to bury her, whether or not our family will cremate her, whether or not I plan on attending the funeral in Hong Kong, how each of my family member feels etc. etc. :rolleyes

In the Unk category of pathological liars.......

I worked with a woman that was a pathological liar. Now, most of her lies were pretty harmless, and designed to make herself look good, so everyone pretty much ignored them. Well, at the time, we lived up North in an area that had a lot of moose, and they especially liked to come out to lick the salt off the roads in winter. No matter how many moose someone had seen, she had always seen more. And if someone had seen a moose and her calf, she had seen a moose with triplets that turned and looked at her, nuzzled each other for a national geographic moment. One night, at a community party, she started in again, and said she had seen 5 moose (in about 5 km.), after someone else had mentioned them. As I was standing there, taking a sip of my drink, this friend of mine turns to her and says,"No you didn't." And her eyes got very big and she said, "What do you mean?". So he calmly looks at her and tells her, " Your car hit a patch of ice and you saw the same moose 5 times." I had to work pretty hard not to spit out my drink.

+ Reply to Thread