+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    I had to complete an annual peer review for my annoying co-worker today, and I think I was very generous and diplomatic. I just couldn't find an appropriate place to write "She needs to focus more on her productivity and less on incessantly telling me pointless stories about her life."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    That's funny SueEllenM!!

If ONLY we could be totally honest on those reviews...not so sure these half wits would be as happy about them if the truth was written.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    I agree Maveno! I try to write something positive for each negative, but in this case the negatives far, far outnumber the positives. Management already knows how I feel about her, and frankly I think they chose me to write her review so they could get a good laugh!

We've been going through our annual audit by our accountants for a couple of our companies this week. Our largest company - with the most book-keeping traffic was one of the ones being audited. I do the Receivables and the weirdo I work with does the rest of it.

The accountant was sitting with me going through the changes over last year, and we noticed that last year's figures were significantly higher than this year. I started a week before year end last year, but have been working my butt off to clean everything up. We're talking a 68% drop from last year on the outstanding receivables. I was ecstatic! Weirdo overheard the accountant pointing it out to me, realized that I can actually do my job, therefore she cannot pick on me for that, and has now decided to make personal stabs at me - behind my back of course!

She completely ticked off our accountant on Tuesday, and I'm used to working with her so I don't notice her ridiculousness most of the time (or I try not to - it goes on every single day, so I have to try not to notice it!) The accountant, however, is new, and hasn't really worked with her so as weirdo went for her lunch (remember - she takes over the boardroom and has a 1/2 hour nap on three chairs) and kicked out the accountant to one of our offices that wasn't being used, the accountant came to speak to me about weirdo's behaviour. She apparently was very concerned with the fact that I can do my job and decided to tell our accountant that I'm not a compassionate person, and when she had her breast cancer scare, I didn't show her any compassion at all and I'm a very cold person. That's the only reason that I was able to get my numbers down so much. WHAT?!!!! My mom is a BC survivor, and when weirdo told me that she was having lumps checked I was very sympathetic and tried to get her to go home for the afternoon rather than have to deal with work. I'm absolutely astonished that she would say something like this, but then, thinking about it, I'm not really!

The funny thing is, the accountant found quite a few errors weirdo made, but weirdo refused to take accountability for them - she blamed everyone, the bank, our bosses, even the accountant's boss, but it was never her fault! I'm counting down the invisible days to her retirement - I'm only hoping they're less than 365!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

DJ, people are strange, aren't they?
    I thought y'all make like another laugh tonight, so I decided to ask my dishwasher about the time he got high with Mick Jagger. Here's the story. Sit down and hold on.
    He just happened to be on the street where the busses were parked and she came out. She? It turns out Tina Turner was the opening act for the Stones and he first got high with her (didn't know who she was at first) and her back up singers. Mick came along a little later. I first was telling him I saw Tina in concert a couple of years ago when Joe Cocker opened for her. He told me I was lying because he didn't see me there. He was calling me a liar? Geez dude, I'm sorry you missed me in that small crowd of 20,000 people. :rolleyes

Hey, Unk, did I ever tell you about the time I had a beer with Robert Redford and shared a cigarette with Charlize Theron...?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

My annoying old hag supervisor called in yesterday and was going to be late from lunch....

why?

She got lost in the parking lot structure for an hour and then couldn't find her way to the freeway. :phhht

Mrs C, that is almost as believable as Unklescott's dishwasher! But seriously, did I tell you about the time I partied with Dubya?

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    Mrs C, that is almost as believable as Unklescott's dishwasher! But seriously, did I tell you about the time I partied with Dubya?
    Ahhh, I can never top Unklescott's story, that's just a pure classic!!! I was laughing for hours about that one! What about Dubya?

Reading some of these just about made me fall out of my chair laughing (and relating) to some of my passed co workers.

First I have Pat, not her name but close. Since I transferred locations I no longer have to do anything but talk on the phone from time to time. Sad thing is she really has a heart of gold, and that makes it worse to feel like we all do about her. She is a talker, no I mean a non stop, start when you walk in the door, and still talking when you walk out. She starts a story, most of which are extremely boring, so you try to change the subject. Just when you think she has "forgotten" and "moved along", she says........"so anyway about what I was saying. Honestly I have listened to a "story" from literally 9:00 a.m. till 12:00 noon. ONE story!

Then there was Dee, another version of her name. She was a very large girl, which doesn't matter to me at all ****except***** it seems to have caused her problems with hygeine. It got so bad the mgr had to say something to her since clients were actually talking. I felt badly for her, but what are you gonna do?

Then there was Alicia, another version of the real name. She was the over exaggerater. OH my! She seemed to never ever have a good day. So many new employees would just feel so sorry for her. Example, she comes in and says how son split his head wide open. Then about an hour later her hubby drops by with said son, and there is a scratch the size of ant on his forhead. I don't know if she believes these things or she just craves attention. She is so needy it drives you crazy. Sad thing is we never know when to feel real sympathy. Like the boy who cried wolf. One day she is gonna have some real tragedy and we will all probably walk away.

Anyway I could go on and on like everyone else I'm sure could do, but I think they were the toppers. It may not sound so bad, but live it, and you would understand!

+ Reply to Thread