+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    Unk, what is up with these people who think they are or were abducted by aliens?!!
    This isn't about a co-worker of mine, just a story to amuse those of you with formerly-alien-abducted co-workers.
    A few years ago some nut here sued the state, saying it wasn't doing enough to keep the citizens safe from alien abduction. :rolleyes A TV reporter, spotting a fun story, asked the governor about it. The governor said, on camera: "The problem isn't that they're abducting people. It's that they're taking the wrong ones."
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    Unk, what is up with these people who think they are or were abducted by aliens?!!
    I don't even want to go into the conversation he was having with my lesbian dishwasher. I was in the office while they were in the kitchen working. Actually I couldn't with the PG-13 and all.

unk, HMMMMMMMMMM, maybe I can imagine what they were saying, or maybe not.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    "The problem isn't that they're abducting people. It's that they're taking the wrong ones."
    That is truly funny! I can think of a couple of people/coworkers I would like to beam up!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

FORT Fogey
    Here's My Latest Annoying Coworker Story:

I'm at a new job, working as an office manager. I've really liked going to work now, compared to going to the last place I've worked, but then today something changed.

We hired a new person today and she started there this morning.

She's a nice person except for the fact that SHE NEVER FLUSHED THE TOILET ALL DAY. Every time she used the bathroom, she just never bothered to flush.

I WAS INFURIATED BY THIS!!!

I'm not her freakin' butt-wiper and I'm sure as hell not her toilet-flusher.

I was disgusted, and I have to say something.

She's in her 30s, for crying out loud, and she's a bloody professional.

SO WHY CAN'T SHE FLUSH AFTER SHE GOES?????

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Here's My Latest Annoying Coworker Story:

I'm at a new job, working as an office manager. I've really liked going to work now, compared to going to the last place I've worked, but then today something changed.

We hired a new person today and she started there this morning.

She's a nice person except for the fact that SHE NEVER FLUSHED THE TOILET ALL DAY. Every time she used the bathroom, she just never bothered to flush.

I WAS INFURIATED BY THIS!!!

I'm not her freakin' butt-wiper and I'm sure as hell not her toilet-flusher.

I was disgusted, and I have to say something.

She's in her 30s, for crying out loud, and she's a bloody professional.

SO WHY CAN'T SHE FLUSH AFTER SHE GOES?????
    Maybe she follows the "If it's yellow let it mellow" maxim a little too closely. Did you call her on it? That's a tough subject to broach...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Pom, oddly enough, this happens at my office too. This is a law office, with no outside traffic so it's not a public restroom situation. The difficulty is that there are SO many women on my floor, it is impossible to know who the guilty party (or parties) are. It is really disgusting! It got so bad for a while, I really wanted to send a company e-mail saying, "For the love of all humanity, please flush the toilet!" But I figured I'd be labled the office crazy person and carted away.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    Pom, oddly enough, this happens at my office too. This is a law office, with no outside traffic so it's not a public restroom situation. The difficulty is that there are SO many women on my floor, it is impossible to know who the guilty party (or parties) are. It is really disgusting! It got so bad for a while, I really wanted to send a company e-mail saying, "For the love of all humanity, please flush the toilet!" But I figured I'd be labled the office crazy person and carted away.
    Oh, that's awful, PhoneGrrl! As you said, it really is disgusting. And the former microbiologist/retrovirologist in me knows that it's an extremely unsanitary, unhealthy thing.

We are a teeny tiny office. Before the non-flusher arrived there were only two of us other women there full-time, plus a 1/3 time woman, too. Before the non-flusher arrived we never had this problem, either.

I will address the problem, 'cause it is absolutely unacceptable, and I won't be nearly as upset about it as I would have been, now that I've had a chance to vent my gut here at the FORT and discuss this with you guys.

It is so bad!

oh goodness i hope I'M not the annoying co worker. i'm always talking about reality shows but then the co workers get really into it and it turns out to be fun conversation (i think, i hope!!!!!!!!!!!) ..... i firmly believe reality tv is good for corporate america.. it cuts down on office gossip because people spend time talking about tv contestants and not each other

Great. One of my co worker has a cold right now and is sending all customers to me to deal with because she's sick and "doesn't want the customers to get sick too." What a lame excuse. :rolleyes Of course she's only sending me the maintenance customer, if it was a new account or anything sales related she'll still keep them.

Once instead of a 15 minute break she took a 45 minute break because she "sprained her ankle" while walking in the nearby park, then the next day was perfectly fine again. Even if it is the truth, why are you taking walks wearing 4 inch heels?

+ Reply to Thread