+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Your annoying co-worker

Maveno, I know it is hard to believe! She also sprinkles holy water over our lockers in our locker room!

Mrs. C...Personally, I dont know why we tolerate her. Me and some fellow co-workers were talking about it yesterday in fact. Maybe because she relates so well to the patients and treats them very nice without acting totally dreranged.

I have enjoyed these co-worker stories. These people are so bizarre...proves that truth IS stranger than fiction!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

So Limpy said she had a "class" to take that would prevent her from switching schedule, right?

I called her just now and talked to her about it and guess what class it is?? Its a freaking GYM CLASS! :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

By golly! A gym class??!!! And it starts AFTER work, she just needs to leave half an hour early so she go to her gym class so that's why she can't switch. The STUPID PART is, I know she has to leave early on those days (never knew why, but now I know) and I told Old HAg about it and Old Hag says she's fine with it.

Maybe I'm in the minority this, but how does a gym class measure up to school? I haven't gone to the gym as often I would like myself, but that's because I prioritize work + school over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    Here's a new one...This woman always calls in sick, she has so many excuses. Well, today she called in sick because she yawned too hard and dislocated her jaw. ?

That's it, we should just rename this thread "Tales from the Bank". Starring Maveno, Zaaam and MrsC.

This thread keeps flooding back memories I cant forget.

I once had this co-worker who believed that he was abducted by aliens and that they still visit him. Once he touched the back of his computer and got "zapped". He claimed he had these strange burn marks on the bottom of his feet from it and was sent by his boss to the hospital. He was also terrified of toaster ovens as he felt the aliens made him very susceptible to electricity.

There was also this guy who thought he was Elvis. He sang "Love Me tender" to my mom on the phone from work. On his spare time, he would frequent the malls dressed as the king of rock n' roll.

Another guy was totally into SQUIRRELS.

This was when I worked for the government.

I have many more stories about co-workers working for the government!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

BlondieGirl - I would have so much fun with your overly zealous religious co-worker. No offense to religious people, but it is so easy to play on that. Wear a pentangle necklace, bring a deck of taro cards and offer to read for people on your break, discuss world religions and their positive aspects, tell the joke about the guy who goes to heaven and gets a tour of all the different religions' rooms, but isn't allowed to see the Christians because "they think they're the only ones up here". Yes, I'm bad.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    I once had this co-worker who believed that he was abducted by aliens
    One of dishwashers says the same thing. He also told me the other day he got high once with Mick Jagger. I asked him if Mick was on the mother ship too.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ms "Dislocated Jaw from Yawning" is in today.. talking as if nothing ever happened.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    At my current job, there are a lot of wackos, but I'm kind of sequestered from their weirdness. There is one woman, though, who constantly sings in the bathroom. She doesn't sing songs, but just sings nonsense. ("la la la" etc.) She also gets loudly drunk at office functions, but so do about half the people here. I think they're pretty big lushes.

At my old job, there were a lot of odd ducks. One woman thought the world was going to end at midnight 12/31/99 so she stock-piled ammo for her myriad of guns. (If the world was ending, what was the need for the ammo?) One lady in my old division was a devout Pentecostal, and, as such, she had extremely long hair. BUT she would wrap her hair up in a tight bun then attach obviously fake hair to the bun to make it look like she had 'flowing' hair. It was like she was trying to get around some rule or something, but I never really asked because once you got her started on a conversation, you may as well write off the whole day. There was also another woman who, for a long time, only ate canned green beans--out of the can, not heated--for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    At my current job, there are a lot of wackos, but I'm kind of sequestered from their weirdness. There is one woman, though, who constantly sings in the bathroom. She doesn't sing songs, but just sings nonsense. ("la la la" etc.) She also gets loudly drunk at office functions, but so do about half the people here. I think they're pretty big lushes.

At my old job, there were a lot of odd ducks. One woman thought the world was going to end at midnight 12/31/99 so she stock-piled ammo for her myriad of guns. (If the world was ending, what was the need for the ammo?) One lady in my old division was a devout Pentecostal, and, as such, she had extremely long hair. BUT she would wrap her hair up in a tight bun then attach obviously fake hair to the bun to make it look like she had 'flowing' hair. It was like she was trying to get around some rule or something, but I never really asked because once you got her started on a conversation, you may as well write off the whole day. There was also another woman who, for a long time, only ate canned green beans--out of the can, not heated--for lunch.

Phonegrrrl, is this MY office you're talking about??? I swear 3/4 of the folks you describe work here too!!!!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    One of dishwashers says the same thing. He also told me the other day he got high once with Mick Jagger. I asked him if Mick was on the mother ship too.
    OH MY GOD A diswasher that talks? It must have been abducted by aliens! Oh wait... is the diswasher a person or an appliance?

+ Reply to Thread